RoS Power Sources

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gatts, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Gatts Journeyman

Few issues I have with the new power sources.

First, here are the 4:
    Tank: Cliff Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151501
    Melee DPS: Enchanted Dragon Scale - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151516
    Caster DPS: Magma Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151511
    Healer: Scorpikis Worry Stone - https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=151506

Overall, I like the new power sources. Just had a few notes, figured I'd post and move on.

HDex on dps and tank versions is same. Would think this could go a bit higher for dps. Also no raw attack from PS for melee dps or accuracy. The HStr bonus is nice, along with all the other bonuses, but HDex could use a slight boost to at least match what HStr is at, which are 4 for dex and 6 for str.

For the caster versions. I don't care much for how the caster dps PS has decrease to wisdom when they can still dps even with wisdom. Int is useless for priests and wisdom is useless for int casters, not sure why this matters to the point of reducing wisdom on priest classes for using their version of dps PS.

Furthermore, feel like the tank PS HSta or HAgi can be moved up from 4 to 6.as the hp and ac difference between this and geomantic steelstone is slight. About 1400 hp and 31 ac difference with 35 purity augs in group gear.

For all power sources, if they could stack they would be much nicer. Getting as many as we are getting now is starting to take up a lot of room. Previous power sources could stack as you had to click them before equipping, but they were tradeable. Making stackable and clickable version could still be no drop.

Please add anymore to this thread about power source stuff so we can get them fine tuned before using them for however long.
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

My cliff stone seems to drain much faster than the TDS version. Overall I like your assessment and agree with it.
  3. Inca Lorekeeper

The Geomantic Steelstone adds about 8000hp / 500 ac to my SK. It also lasts a long time, probably 2x longer (or more) than playermade PS's.

If the RoS powersources are not better than those from 3 expacs ago, how embarrassing that must be.
  4. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

They are better than the Geo, as the OP stated it about 30-32 AC more and a couple hundred hps, nothing to write home about. I will use the one cliff stone I’ve gotten thus far during raids and swap to the older Geo one during group times.
    Inca likes this.
  5. Horyuken Augur

I'm unsure if you guys where active in beta and on the beta-boards. To make it known. They had no plans at all for the power sources to drop in RoS. Players asked for power sources from earlier expansions to be added to loot tables. They went above to even create new ones as the general consensus was to just have power sources from previous expansions drop in RoS.

I'm not saying they are good, bad, or mediocre. Just the fact that they even drop is because a group of players brought it up in beta, Negreth took time to make them and add them to loot tables.

It's an example of the devs listening to a few players and making an overall great addition to the expansion.
  6. Duhbeast Augur

I am happy they added them to begin with. Also, it's nice that they show what they actually do. All of the powersources of the past we had to compare stats or look it up online. I'm also content with the random drop rather than particular named that always drop the same one.
    I am rolling need on both the cliff and enchanted.

[IMG]
    gotwar likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

ITEM_NUMBER NAME POWER_CHARGES
    141152 Geomantic Steelstone 2000000
    151501 Cliff Stone 2000000

So... same capacity. And as for drain rate:

POWER_SOURCE_ID EQUIPMENT_SLOT COST
    141152 2 2
    141152 7 3
    141152 9 2
    141152 10 2
    141152 11 2
    141152 12 2
    141152 13 3
    141152 14 2
    141152 17 4
    141152 18 3
    141152 19 2
    151501 2 2
    151501 7 3
    151501 9 2
    151501 10 2
    151501 11 2
    151501 12 2
    151501 13 3
    151501 14 2
    151501 17 4
    151501 18 3
    151501 19 2

Also a duplicate.

So... It's probably perception of the new ones being more precious. They have the same capacity and the same drain rate.

No comment at this time about the stats.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Happy with them, would just like to throw in my vote again to leave them as they are in terms of being random, rather then specific sources to specific names.
    Maedhros and Niskin like this.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Adam, thanks for information. I also assume it is perceived as draining faster. I think the way they are today is fine, and I’m sure 50% want this way, and 50% want another. Would ask that they can be stacked tho, man that would be convenient!
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

What??!! My JBoots aren't faster this week?
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Does hero clairvoyance actually do anything?
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If they make an item to make em stackable, how about an item that when clicked can summon 1 of the 4 types, basically the same concept as spell runes. That way they can still be random on any named and everyone can use them when they drop.
  13. Brohg Augur

that's the opposite of intention, though?
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Powersources seems kinda rare, I have yet to see one...
  15. Vanrau Augur

They were dropping from T2 named in beta if you haven't killed those yet.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Thank you.
    Yes i have yet to see those as well and what you say there is the reason why then :)

As i haven't run across one yet, i cannot comment on the stats the OP has mentioned, but i can and will say that i am HAPPY that "some" powersources drop in RoS.
    Indeed, as was said above, this is one case (there aren't TOO many of those that i am aware of) where they've reacted to a player request. This would've earned mentioning somewhere though - i guess i must've missed that in some release/patch note :)

Honestly, i do not care too much about the stats these things give me - if need be, raids should be doable without as well.
    Plus, prior to release i have of course farmed some in preparation, so i am good for a while.

But it's sure a convenience thing for us that we do not have to go back to TDS - and do progression there for ALTs to get them theirs - to restock.
    Thumbs up on this!

(now, if they indeed would make them stackable - it'd work wonders for my bank space! - Hey, one can dream this time of year ;) )
  17. Wuddane Elder

+1 for stacking! I'm a hoarder.

I have done quite a bit of slaying in howling stones(mobs and group-mates, I don't discriminate), and they have dropped quite decently I think.

For those that haven't looted or haven't realized...they (or at least the Cliff one, it is the only one I have equipped so far) are the same stats as the TDS sources, the only difference is the displayed stats. Total stat boost geo vs cliffstone is the 70ac 1khp and few heroics.
  18. Orbital101 Augur

ATM all T2 rares as a small chance to drop any of the 4 PS. About 15-20% chance to drop one of the 4 PS equally(25%). I asked Ngreth to make PS drop off specific rare but people dint look like they cared about farming PS that they wont use. Ngreth did replied that he would work on attributing each rare specific PS but it wasnt on top of his list or possibly wont do because the balance of that thread on beta was on the side of I dont care what drop what.
  19. Leigo You come here often?

Had 3 drop in gorowyn on Tuesday. 2 dps and 1 tank.
  20. Gatts Journeyman

Power sources become really common in Veeshan's Peak. I 4 box, and no one else on my server in VP, so I have been farming a lot. Between my 4 char I am probably around 100 power sources farmed now. Taking up tons of inventory space. Named there often drop 2 PS at once.