Don't forget you HAVE to instance Master Vule before DoDh goes live on phinny!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Nekromancy Elder

This is why it's bad to wait till the last possible moment to look into this type of thing. If it takes 30 minutes to drive somewhere and it's important that you aren't late, you give yourself more than 30 minutes to get there... because stuff happens.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Thanks Prathun. This gives a great deal of reassurance. I appreciate you taking the time to address our concerns. Obviously you guys understand how important it is, given what you've said above. That's all I really need to know. I'm confident you'll find a way to address it appropriately, whether that is getting it done in January path or delaying DoDH or whatever else you might come up with.
  3. Gilamas New Member

Heres an idea if you cant instance him..

Make his spawntime 30 mins. Who knows maybe the community for once can get together and agree not to eachother over(i know.. a long shot here...)
  4. Zanarnar Augur

another vote for no DODH without Vule having an AoC. We can wait another week or two; that was how the server was advertised/promised anyways (3mo unlocks). Might actually give me time to get caught back up after slacking through/ignoring OOW because it sucks ;)
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  5. Funk Augur

I think it's funny you want a TLP for the classic experience but also want concessions so it's not hard to progress.

Vule should absolutely never be instanced, he never was. Everyone who progressed in era dealt with this......and you should experience this classic EQ mob the same way! But instead it's "We demand this be instanced so we don't have to battle over an open world mob!!, that would be too hard!!"
  6. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

It's pretty clear Funk based on your posting history that you do not play on the TLPs or just have dabbled here and there. Further, you must not understand the ruleset of the Phinigel server as those who play on it know it was never meant to be a "classic experience." Nearly every major open world raid encounter has been instanced on Phinigel and we are asking this to continue with Vule.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Err, we are playing on a server where all raid content has been instanced from the very start. In fact, that is the biggest selling point of the server. Take this to a Ragefire thread.
    snailish likes this.
  8. snailish Augur

Phinny and Agnarr advertised as "do it all with your friends" = instance all the raids that weren't instances already.

For better or worse.

(and at least the coding work is potentially useful elsewhere down the line, though population suggests more players feel this is for the better).
  9. snailish Augur

another option (rather than delaying release of DoD, or if instancing Vule isn't done before DoD drops on Phinny) is to just not have Vule spawn on Phinny until the instances are ready.

That's a compromise solution for sure, but possibly justified. It also only works if Vule is in fact going to be instanced shortly after the DoD drop date for Phinny.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Agree with Snailish. If the instanced Vule can't be ready by DoDHs release and needs a couple more weeks, then release the expansion and GM-Permakill open world Vule until it is available in the instances.

It would make the overall "race" much less interesting but at least we could access all of the other content immediately without the clustertruck that open world Vule would be.
  11. Funk Augur

You say nearly every encounter, so not all encounters and certainly not all of those raid zone key mobs and ground spawns. Honestly it was the headline with the demanding attitude that drew me in, I don't like people treating devs bad that work hard to help keep this game running for us all.
  12. Machentoo Augur

If they can't instance it until two weeks in, I'd personally love to see them just release the expansion as is. I think most guilds will be ok as long as they can complete the expansion in a reasonably timely manner, and I'd love to see what kind of strategies WT/OGC/whoever else might come up with for contesting it. Would sit in the zone just to watch the drama.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Who's treated the devs badly? The thread has been very respectful, as have most of the previous threads on the topic.
  14. Catashe Augur

Wait what? a AoS/WT whatever DOESNT want the race and/or clusterf*** Vule will be? IDK whats real anymore.... ;)
  15. Communist Puppy Augur

More the fact that if its not instanced, its easily possible dodh wouldnt be beaten in era.
    Ryak likes this.
  16. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Thanks for responding Funk. You are right about the key mobs, none were really instanced but they were doable via /pick, so that certainly helped a lot. All progression raid targets were instanced. The only open world mobs not instanced were the King and Queen in RSS for OOW. We asked for that too and they didnt instance it, but it was livable because it wasn't required for progression.
  17. Ryak Augur

Thanks for the honest answer. It's really all I can expect at this point. I hope the timing works out. You guys have done great work so far. See: PoP and GoD in particular. PoP could be a model here if it absolutely has to (e.g. delaying until it is ready), although i'm sure people will still complain.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Add me to the delay DoDH until a Dreadspire instance with Vule is possible and until Dreadspire is load balanced with Keleborn spawning instantly in new picks.

Otherwise you've got a total cluster on your hands where the 5-6 guilds rushing to get content done will be bottlenecks into one groupable mob and one fight that's probably doable with 4 groups.
  19. Prathun Developer

This has been implemented and should go out with the January update.
    I'm comfortable announcing that this will be done now that it's actually done. ;)
    Brumans, Punchu, Qelyn1 and 14 others like this.
  20. malaki Augur

$$$