Shroud of Stealth and collectables. Unfair advantage.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Belexes ForumQuester

Exactly!
  2. Kacman Augur

The OP is a major whining baby. Get over yourself. Your crying made me actually post for the first time in a very long time.

ANY class with ANY form of aggro drop ability can do this in various ways. SoS is just the rogue method. Even if you cannot drop aggro, get a mage and have him CoH you to drop aggro.

Run in with invuln on (3 invulnerable clickie that are all/all so anyone can have invuln), pick up collectable, run out and drop aggro (i.e. feign death, fade memories, memblur, CoH, Evac).

As a bard of have been using the drop aggro method (without invulnerability on), since at least Depths of Darkhollow.

Learn how to play the game (especially your own class) and stop calling for nerfs to abilities that you makes you jealous.

Or reroll a ROGUE if they are so dam powerful. Or use your alt rogue, that you said you have, and quit whining!

Or the best choice for you, QUIT the dam game if you suck so bad that you cannot complete the easiest aspect of the game without calling for nerfs to other classes.
    Tierwyn, Gyurika Godofwar and Belexes like this.
  3. Thrillho Augur

Boredom drives me, mostly.
  4. Belexes ForumQuester

Or hails deep in the dungeon, or open doors, or drag corpses or scout...

Rogue nation just put Yellowtummy on the list. :p
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I agree with the other parts of your post, but this is taking it TOO far.
    NOONE should be "expected" to quit the game because we do not like his attitude or stance on things.
    You don't ask for tea party members/supporters to be exiled either because they're too dumb to keep a million and a billion apart, do you?
    Lily likes this.
  6. Kacman Augur

I like how you quoted me but cut it off at "if..." I didn't call for him to quit.

I offered suggestions on how to improve. I offered a second suggestion, that if he sucks too bad, to learn the simplest aspect of the game, he may be happier, not playing this game any longer.

Calling for nerfs to another class' core ability is a sure sign the person should not play anymore. And calling for nerfs is against forum rules and therefor ban-able.

Lastly, Your attempt at comparing this to politics failed miserably. Keep politics out of the forums and game. Go to your liberal rags to post you drivel. i.e. Huffington Post, NYTimes, ClintonNN, etc..

Suggesting someone should voluntarily stop playing is no where near the same as exciling citizens because they have different viewpoints than you.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Ok, quoting the whole thing that i think is taking it too far.
    With this, you ARE asking him to quit - at least that is how i read this.
    I see no suggestion there or anything - hence why i said this is taking it too far.
    Your post would've found my full agreement if you had omitted this part.

As for the comparison:
    Stupidity remains stupidity. I hope that holds true DESPITE what political or other views you might have.
    No matter if it's a governor(!) not knowing the difference between millions and billions or someone asking for stupid things in a game.
    Either are similarly stupid, hence why i think that reference isn't too far fetched, especially since i was trying to find an equivalent to how i perceived the part i re-quoted above.
    I for one am not asking, not even in "jest", anyone to leave - just because i think he's acting stupid.
    Germany would be quite an empty place if i were!
    Tugroka likes this.
  8. Kacman Augur

Well you are DEFINITELY showing your lack of reading comprehension. Ergo, you should follow your own advice.

Once again. I did NOT call for him to quit. It is a suggestion for better mental health, IF, again IF, HE feels that HE is lacking the intellect to take my earlier suggestion and improve.

How is making a suggestion calling for him to quit.

Maybe you should QUIT reading the forums, since your reading comprehension sucks so badly.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Did you bump your head?
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

As already explained by someone else, most of the rares that you speak of are dropped, not picked up. Second, I am not getting it for free. I worked for my ability. Third, I hand out what I get to guildies, so I don't just benefit myself, nor do I sell these items on the bazaar. And finally, as I stated, there aren't an army of us rogues out there looting ground spawns as soon as they pop up. Heck, in my guild, we have a monk that has done more of this than I have.
    Tugroka likes this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Because of a new Rogue ability you actually can at times do up to 5% more damage from behind :D

omg nerf teh roguez for being so OP I’m with the OP!!!1!1!11one!!1!1

(Disclaimer: please continue mocking the OP)
  12. Bigstomp Augur

They should just give the rest of us without SoS any item a rogue could possibly earn without us.
  13. segap Augur

I'd be more than happy to have that AA nerfed and removed. It is not something I want as a rogue.
  14. Bahdah Augur

[51372/51372] Shared Shroud of Stealth I
    Classes: ROG/254
    Skill: Melee
    Restriction: Sneaking
    Target: Caster Group, MGB: No
    AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    3: Invisibility
    Text: You are temporarily shrouded in stealth.

RUN FREE OP!
  15. Thrillho Augur

Whaaaat areyoudoing?! Now he's going to call for nerfs to monks! No more FD around X distance from a shiny! No more mend after being attacked by a mob within X distance from a shiny! Forget about using our defensive discs, too! Oh no, this is terrible. You've opened up the floodgates!
  16. Sissruukk Rogue One

LOL
  17. Scorrpio Augur

Ahh, thats the guy who complained that some bazaar traders buy out some items for resale and called for THAT to be nerfed... somehow.

Shiny spawns are not static. Meaning same location can spawn a most common bit or a rare. You can do sweeps of safer spots and eventually get a full set.
    Plenty of classes can ghost though areas as long as they use the tools they got and stay on their toes. Necro/SK/Monk/Bard/Chanter all have abilities that allow this. Heck even plain old invis that existed from day one of EQ has been given to some classes but not others. So rogues get an advantage in all things stealth. Ever seen a rogue tank a named? Heal? Put a 5-mob pull under control? Instantly port a group out of a bad situation?

I am surprised OP has not yet called for tracking nerf. My druid can instantly see if a specific mob is up and make a beeline for it. Just how crazy is that?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Scorrpio Augur

Also some rare forages needed for quests/tradeskills can sell for hefty amounts of plat. My druid can get quite a few of those just sitting in the right zone and clicking a button. My chanter has forage AA maxed at 100 and 3 out of 4 he fails to get anything while druid gets two items on each click. Ain't that unfair?
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Nerf that shiz right away....
  20. HeatherPurrs Augur

He just needs the AA to get it to 150, then everything will be right as rain.