Veeshan's key

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lily, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Lily Augur

We just got the same one a 4th time. I can tell because I can't loot it. I get the message that I already have it.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, i agree that not everything has to be acquired in the first week after release.
    I also agree that there should be some challenge.

But i also see Lily's point in this and agree with Gilette in that sitting at a camp for x hours in the hopes for a drop you need doesn't exactly make "fun" nor "challenge".
    I have done my VT key the old way, and long after it was "current" - not (only) because i could not kill those luclin mobs for quite some time or fast enough to "camp" it, but because it took so damn long to get the shards together; their droprate was that ridiculously low.
    Now i sure hope these things have a better chance to drop.
    But frankly, doing a mission 6times to flag a group (TBM lesser shards come to mind) would be "grind" enough imo.
    The challenge should be in the mission, not the RNG.
  3. Axxius Augur

Have you tried looting the previous 3 times? We've just done that task right now and got the Left shard of the Arisen medallion that normally drops in Howling Stones.

If you are really getting the same piece (which one? identify it) then maybe it's based on your Partisan progression. But I really doubt that.
  4. Febb Augur

They should design the quest just like the original VP key quest. Could you imagine the flooding of tears here on the forums?
  5. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

it would be glorious.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Actually, it's 1 in 9. The first piece could be anything, doesn't matter which, so the probability is 1. Then 1/3 * 1/3 of that = 1 in 9.

Now if you were betting on 3 in a row of a particular piece BEFORE getting the first one, then yes, 1 in 27.
  7. Xnao Augur

Hogwash.

The constant 40 page threads about making things easier prove you wrong.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The problem, i think, is that different people have different definitions/ideas of what might constitute "challenge". And that these even differ from time to time (according to the mood/circumstances).

Me, i am the type who does not mind the constant danger of agro/dying that Skyfire in it's current form is for example - IF i happen to be with a live group. And even then i'd like to have the opportunity to go afk for extended periods of time (for whatever RL occupation) without HAVING to completely move out of the zone - i.e. have safe spots. Or without having someone to "stand guard" for me while i am gone...

But i also like to box, especially when i am tired or otherwise do not want to "burden" anyone with my slackness - and for those cases i also want places where "challenge" is defined differently than the above, because i basically just want to relax while not completely doing something else.
    Makes sense i hope...
    Bigstomp and Tatanka like this.
  9. Lily Augur

4 x Middle Arisen
  10. Lily Augur

Just did OT mission again.

5 x Middle Arisen
  11. Axxius Augur

That is very interesting. Our group seems to be getting completely random medallion shards.

Where are you on the Partisan progression? Finished any zones yet? It'd be really surprising if somebody took the time to make these drops depend on your progress in the expansion.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Killed a key mob in OT and did the cactus mission twice, got a different key each time. I imagine that 5 Middles in a row is just bad luck.
  13. Vlerg Augur

easier, or less time consuming?

The artizan prise isn't hard. it's time consuming.

currently the only hard part of VP key is the skyfire group mission (well, that's the hardest part). the 9 medaillon pieces are merely time-consuming... they are barely stronger than trash mob.
  14. Lily Augur

Half of us are done with all partisans and mercenaries. I don't know about the rest. We did the mission this morning and finally got a different one. Left Arisen.
  15. Thrillho Augur

Sounds like the [Colour] Stone of Power from the anniversary task. You must've done something to annoy the RNG Gods.
  16. svann Augur

This key is way easier than the original.
  17. Meatdohx New Member

Can you guys confirm that any piece can drop from OT mission or only OT key pieces?
  18. Xnao Augur

Yes this is time consuming. That was not disputed.

I just was trying to say, if it was actually challenging, there would be a 40 page "it's too hard" thread.
  19. Nniki Augur

They're just having bad luck. We've seen 3-4 of the same one in a row doing Gorowyn as well.

They drop by set. The set of Arisen pieces drop from OT.