Test Update 12/14/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 14, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

December 14, 2017

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed an issue where resurrection failed to return the correct amount of experience for level 109 and 110 characters.
    - Many Dragons of Norrath, Depths of Darkhollow, and Prophecy of Ro zones now have load balancing enabled.

- The EverQuest Team
    PathToEternity likes this.
  2. Vampyra New Member

On test the RoS mounts don't put their buff on you and for knights it's not insta cast as it should be
  3. Vanrau Augur

This is still happening on the test server?
  4. EQGuyHere New Member

Sorry I mis-read the post..THIS is happening on the LIVE servers, my bad. But still I have lost over 20% xper tonight and finally gave up. Are we going to get some kind of XP back from this bug once you fix it ?
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Because the variable overflows on live still...
  6. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Because it's a "To be TESTED" fix on the TEST server. It did NOT went onto Live servers.

The dev's explained why it's not fixed on Live yet; read the thread Live Update Bugs 12/12/17, somewhere around Post 176.
  7. EQGuyHere New Member

Yea I realized that after I read this post...as I noted ABOVE in or around post #6. Hopefully this gets pushed to Live today, really making game play rough.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It stinks, I get it. But why not level to 110.99 before turning on AA?
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

TBH, the bug was reported on 12-13, and they had a fix on test on 12-14, can't get much faster than that.

I don't blame them for wanting to "play it safe", rather than rushing it. Im sure they give that bug a high priority, and I expect it will get hotfixed early next week. :)
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  10. Gashar New Member

The Rez bug is still happening and it makes game play non productive if all you can do is struggle to try and maintain level 110 after deaths. This should be an emergency priority for the Devs for a number of obvious reasons, until and when this is fixed one would think EQ would offer 100% exp potions for people in the 109 and 110 levels to help make up the xp losses and our time. Devs currently do not appear to consider this bug a big deal since its now 2 days after the last patch and continued bug reports.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Your just not going to get a patch on a weekend.
  12. segap Augur

"Continued bug reports" means nothing. It's a known bug. All more bug reports means is that people are either not reading the existing reports before making a duplicate report, or they somehow think that by spamming duplicates they'll get a fix faster.

This bug sucks. I want it fixed fast. That said, this is a case where I trust they know what they're talking about. A rushed fix to this could very well result in a worse bug than what we currently have. This is a fairly fundamental code path that impacts all the time we spend getting experience. We're bumping in to technical limits of legacy code.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

Before you post about 110 xp rez bug for the nth time, consider going to test and help out by testing if it is working as intended.

It will not be pushed to live until it has been tested.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  14. Kohnn Elder

Any eta on the hero aa reward block?
    Ssdar likes this.
  15. CM99games Journeyman

On the test server the Lost Lexicon Explorers quest is bugged. When you get to the part where you click the crystal to spawn the 3 wild bokon, they won't spawn. Here is the video of how it is as of 12/17/17:

Here is the video of how it is supposed to work. (skip ahead to the 1:12:00 mark)

Without this quest, players won't be able to upgrade their Dichotomic spell line.
  16. smash Augur

Beastlord: Spirit of Beramos, companion unity

When casting it, it says: X warder is imbued with the Spirit of of Visoracius.
  17. Xorsazis Augur

Any plans to also include a fix for being able to claim Hero's Fortitude/Vitality/Resolution AA's?
    Metanis and Yinla like this.