Enchanter Qs

Discussion in 'Casters' started by fransisco, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Brohg Augur

Replacing a disced up Mindcleave I don't think is the aim? For the vast majority of EQ enchanters, a 3-spell rotation of Sunder-Cleave-Poly is their usual practice. Six loops a minute, in each of which Poly can be profitably replaced by Mind Storm, Dicho, Drown, NET, and ... 2 Mana Recips on bst/rng/pal/sk.

Think you've missed Mana Recip's chance to multi-proc in your arithmetic.
    High Voltage likes this.
  2. fransisco Augur

I think NET is referring to nights endless terror (Scarecrow illusion with 5k lifetaps)
  3. Maxxbuff1 Elder

Yeah, NET is the melee lifetap proc buff that we cast. It takes a minute to refresh, and we use it on all melee except warriors and maybe some sk's. It blocks their defenses with type 2 timers...like fortitude.
  4. Brohg Augur

It blocks defenses that include procs. That's Last Stand for warriors, but not Fortitude. On SKs, it overwrites ... one of their self things. Shroud of Deathblargimsoevil, I think it's called. iirc, NET is better, but ~1/20th the duration of their buff, so they would rather sit on their own thing
  5. Tinyfeet Elder

1. useless
    2. useless
    3. useless
    4. useless
    5. useless
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Lmfao. Too many enchanters still think that just cc and buffs are sufficient.

Problem is is that an enchanter not pushing their own dps is not achieving the adps that they should.
  7. gotwar Gotcharms

^i actually thought Derd's post was a joke, but am now realizing it may not have been.
  8. Reval Augur

Use older versions of defensive that don't include the rune proc.
  9. Brohg Augur

Yep. Specifically for warriors, the Final Stand discipline from level 72. As long as you've communicated with the warrior ahead of time it should be np.

It'd be even more np if Last Stand being blocked didn't still eat the disc timer, but that's a separate issue.
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

There's actually an SPA that could be used to fix that stacking issue, and it was suggested that NET be moved to it in order to allow Warrior's to take advantage of NET, but it never happened.

Moving the Slot 2 effect on NET to SPA 419 (which was added to alleviate stacking issues like this) would solve the issue, but maybe they don't want Warrior's running NET. Makes them too Knight-y, perhaps?

Oh well, one less class begging for NET on raids :cool:
  11. Mythose Journeyman

NET is awesome ADPS and crits nicely... also I think 17 min buff when maxed.

Mythose
  12. Eriadoc Elder

Not sure if serious, but I'll chime in ....

All of these spells/abilities range from useless to effectively worthless, depending on how you want to characterize it. However, Chromatic Blink at least has some very minor utility - if you're playing with a pet tank or God forbid a tank merc, Blink can be your 3rd nuke in your Mind/Mind/Poly weave. Blink is not so much less damage than Poly that it really matters much from a dps standpoint, and the rune portion of the nuke mitigates some bit of damage. Of course, good ENCs don't use Poly in their MindX weave any longer, so this is a stretch anyway, but you take the point.

Brimstone Reso is/was a good idea, in stacking yet another run atop our existing lines, but it's frankly not worth the spell slot, so no. It's not a useless spell, but it is effectively worth less than almost anything you'd carry in that spell slot.

Soothing Words AA - make yourself an "oh crap" button that does /xtar 1, /assist, and soothing words for when things go south and the mob is beating on the cleric, similar to the button you have for Friendly Stasis. Of course, you have to train yourself to use that button, and the occasion to do so is so rare that it becomes effectively worthless.

Someone upthread asked how to convince their ENCs that they're DPS. I can't tell you how to convince your ENCs of that, but the fact is, the ENC class is very good DPS. We aren't threatening the masters of DPS, but we can put up some formidable damage. I typically parse in the top 10 on raid encounters where DPS is a priority, and we have some very good DPSers. Set up a good multi-bind, use the right spells, and alternate your auras appropriately.
    gotwar likes this.
  13. fransisco Augur

What is the normal weave you use?
    Btw, all these questions were serious. There is a general lack of enchanter posts on the boards, so I make my best guess how to play, but I'm assuming I'm missing things
  14. Eriadoc Elder

Mind105/Mind100/Drown. You're welcome to look me up on Bertoxx anytime. I am always down for helping people with the ENC class.
  15. fransisco Augur

your 3rd is a dot though. After you have drown (and maybe mindwrack) up, don't you nuke as your 3rd?
  16. Sancus Augur

Mana notwithstanding, you'd spam a third nuke over this?

[57198/6714] Strangulate Rk. III
    Classes: ENC/108
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 10335
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Lowest
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Stacking: Strangle 26
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 48s+ (8 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Hate Mod: -11960
    1: Decrease Current HP by 38564
    4: Decrease Current HP by 18299 per tick
    Text: You gasp for air.

Granted not everything augments SPA 79 that boosts SPA 0, but that base damage is pretty compelling.

Edit: I'm actually kinda curious what does affect SPA 0 but not SPA 79. SPA 79 used to not crit but it was changed, and given Mages don't get anything worthwhile that uses SPA 79 I haven't tested it.
  17. fransisco Augur

You completely missed the point.
    Maybe I should restate. If a dot is not a good choice for your third cast (dots are up, fight not gonna last 30 seconds, whatever), do you just use poly?
  18. Sancus Augur

No, you're missing the point. This DoT has a nuke component, and that nuke component is better than your nukes. If a nuke is a good choice, the nuke component of this DoT is a good choice.

There are obvious exceptions (something might be mezzed, mana, and aggro come to mind). But if you're looking for DPS, the fact that the DoT is already on the target is irrelevant to the damage of the nuke component. Similarly, the amount of time the mob will live is not relevant to the damage of the nuke component.
  19. fransisco Augur

ahh I missed that part. Thanks
  20. gotwar Gotcharms

Edit: Disregard :)