When will the next Progressionserver start? :)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Druidika, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Druidika New Member

I just found the Server Agnarr as it was allready close to Velious. I would really like to play from Day 1-without a market full of highlvlstuff ;)

So for that experience I ask u: When will the next Progressionserver start?:)
  2. Numiko Augur

they seem to want to start some sort of special server every year now, but i do not think the next one will be a progression one, more then likely we will see another special event style server like Quarm.

I doubt you will see another true box starting at level 1 TLP server until 2019
    snailish likes this.
  3. RandomStrategy Augur

Honestly, dude, you're not so far behind that it's pointless. Jump in.
    snailish likes this.
  4. Darchias Augur

If you wait until Luclin you may be too far behind, but Velious is a good time to get in. Some might argue it's better than getting in than in Classic and Kunark, since Plat has actually risen in value since Velious launch and with Velious era mid-level loot in Crystal Caverns, Tower of Frozen Shadow, Kael Drakkel, and Velketor's Labyrinth, it's easier to gear up than in those two eras. Get in now before it's too late!
  5. Guzzle Augur

As someone who started seriously playing mid-Velious... groups were still plentiful and it was easy to catch up. All you have to do is reach towards level 60. If you wait until Luclin, you will have to get to 60 AND AA's. Any further, you add levels, more AA's.
  6. Telvanus Journeyman

This. Still plenty of groups and lower level gear to be bought. Dont let the prices on gear put you off. Once you get some levels under your belt plat is pretty easy to make on Agnarr.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Bewts Augur

Jump in; you aren’t missing much other than Naggy and Vox kills and farming Hate / Fear for armor drops.

And please god; no more TLP for a bit! Please? Too many TLP so closely aligned ruins the experience by splitting the player base up by too many cuts that each will die slow deaths
    22wplkj and snailish like this.
  8. Nuther Augur

The sooner they open a new TLP so we can leave these P99 scum behind on Agnarr the better. Early 2019 will be fine though. I have some things I want to do over in classic again. But for now, I will just rack up a few Krono for later.
  9. Nolrog Augur

I agree with you. The next server will be something special but not TLP. Like another discord or something.
  10. Galaras Lorekeeper

I think Agnarr will be unique in it's locked at POP nature. I'd encourage you to join cause it'll give you a good feel for TLP's and give you a jump start on figuring out what you might want to do when a new TLP finally does start.

My guess is next May for another TLP. Daybreak seems to like May for launching TLP's, probably because it's so far away from their expansion launches. I'd guess it's about time for Phinny 2.0 as well since it's been 2.5 years since Phinny launched and Agnarr will be locked into POP at this point.
  11. nagash101 Augur

Not until Agnarr hits LDoN this October.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They'll launch a new one whenever they feel like it trying to speculate is pointless, as 99% of folks over on phinny never thought a new tlp was coming until agnaar was announced.
  13. Druidika New Member

Dudes most answers dont match my Question :/

I never said that i wont play on aAgnarrr-im allready playing on this server.

I just wanna feel the day 1 experience when everyone starts at lvl 1 without any highlvls, twinks a.s.o. thats all :)
  14. Raltar Augur

They will likely wait to see how big of a failure Agnarr is once it actually locks and everyone stops playing before making a new TLP.
    Sendori likes this.
  15. snailish Augur

in-house population metrics would need to match the following I think:

-the historical (anecdotal, since actual #'s don't get released) drop of most progression servers hit somewhere in the level 70-cap expacs. This applies to Phinny for sure, and Lockjaw/Ragefire to a lesser degree (due to the current playerbase and rules).

-if predictions are correct and the robust Agnarr population of now to PoP raiding does drop hugely down to the long-haulers in the lock.

Also, I agree that a Quarm event #2 is more likely in 2018 --by the unlock schedule of the existing progression servers alone there really isn't a need to start a new one at any point as we aren't far enough along to hit where population is expected to drop.

TLDR: when current progression pops drop enough they will launch a new one to recapture the audience. I personally don't see this happening in 2018, especially if they do Quarm event 2 and it has wide appeal.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im beginning to get the impression that most people do not enjoy playing on TLP's for an extended duration.
    But rather enjoy the startup-phase of TLP's, and only stay until their favorite expansion is over...

Does this means the TLP-concept is flawed?

How many are planning to stay on a TLP-server until it has caught up with live?
  17. Guzzle Augur

Why would Lockjaw and Ragefire be affected to a lesser degree than Phinny, the most popular TLP ever? That doesn't make any sense, first of all.

The historical drop off has always been GoD / OoW time period.

On Phinny:

16 guilds have already cleared DoN
    18 guilds cleared OoW in-era
    19 guilds cleared GoD in-era
    19 guilds cleared PoP in-era (21 if you include LDoN)
    20 guilds cleared SoL in-era
    19 guilds cleared SoV in-era
    13 guilds cleared RoK in-era
    9 guilds cleared classic in-era

So, I think personally I don't think the real drop off is very close to occurring. Instanced raid content has been a great boon to population preservation, increased gearing levels across all guilds, and more places for people to go if their guilds disband. That, since Velious, we've had one less guild clear the end game content in era, and that guild being a Euro guild to boot, shows that staying power has been great.

Now, DoDH is when content starts to get fairly tough and failing emotes is even more punishing than OMM, and far less box friendly. We'll see how many are left standing, but the population (from a raiding standpoint) is pretty fantastic right now, I think.

DBG would be smart to look into another TLP after TSS comes out, I think.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  18. Machentoo Augur

This. Just like the players on Ragefire and Lockjaw didn't think Phinigel was coming, and the players on Fippy didn't think Ragefire was coming. Never assume they are going to let your server run its course.
  19. Kywen Augur

Everyone knows the next regular progression server will launch on March 16, 2019. I have already put in for the time off!
    Mrjon3s and Starr like this.
  20. snailish Augur

Ragefire and Lockjaw have already had the less-committed population leave. While they could lose a couple more of the in-era raid guilds somewhere in the 70-cap expacs, it looks more like the longhaulers are set.

The longer unlocks with voting may attract some new or replayers back there as time goes on, but likely not enough to be a bump in population that matters.

Recent progression has helped more of the playerbase realize that GoD and OoW can be fun, not convinced that is true all the way to TSS. We don't know if Phinny cruises through the 70-cap expacs without significant attrition until we are in the 75-cap era. Phinny remains robust enough that quite a few people/guilds could be done by PoR without it really hurting the server --just depends on the speed of the trend.