catcus dot overpowerd

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Dec 13, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

Anyone else think the dot from cacti in OT is overpowered.

Its about a 60k dot. I was in a group with my mage and another as tanks, plus a chanter and bard.
    The cacti skip the pet and cast it on the pet owner. My mage is in 100% tier2 EoK gear, and 2 mercs couldnt always keep my mage up through the fight (also healing the earth pet).
    I can't imagine a real tank not in raid gear also taking that extra damage.

Its a fine dot for a named, but the fact that any trash can cast it is WAY too strong
  2. fransisco Augur

edit:
    The dot does about 60k AFTER dot mitigation. Which makes me think it is ignoring dot mitigation (Cause base would need to be about 90k).
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It is a lot for a trash mob. Overpowered? I don't know enough to judge.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Tried to kill a majestic cockatrice last night with mage and box bard. No idea of its mechanics, just saw it was on hunter achievement.

Needless to say my best attempt was to 88. And that is some interesting dot it has.

I know it has nothing to do with cactus dot, but appears to follow the "interesting dots" theme of the expansion so far...
  5. Lyrical Augur

Way over powered. See invis mobs. Blends into the color of the grass. Insta casts dot that I never resisted a single time as a bard. Hit for 80k, 60k, 75k = dead bard before I was anywhere near getting back to group. Really pita zone structure with mobs like that.
  6. Tucoh Augur

45476] Irritating Spines
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 57777 per tick
    2: Decrease Current Mana v2 by 2000 per tick
    3: Cap HP at 90%
    4: Cap Mana at 90%

Irritating? More like Apocalyptic Spines

[IMG]
  7. fransisco Augur

omgosh Tucoh.
    But ya, your basically right
  8. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

[IMG]https://imgur.com/6upLjxG
  9. Angahran Augur

1200 range and unresistable ? That's a little insane.
    I guess it could be worse, it could snare as well.

I seem to recall this being mentioned as being a little overpowered in beta, but I guess nothing was changed.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Seems consistent in keeping up with the fine legacy of Cactus-greatness.

[IMG]
  11. Acorpse New Member

I HATE HATE HATE this expansion so far, so many mobs with annoying and/ or OP abilities. Half the mobs in OT either have dots, stuns or are unsnarable/rootable, is insane for the 1st zone in the expansion. NOBODY likes fighting mobs with stupid abilities ( Droga spin stun comes to mind ) . HS & Tomb ( the dungeons I checked out last night are packed with 4+ pulls with unrootable mobs mixed in ( or I just got super unlucky with resists not sure )
    Was so aggrevated I ended up going back to Chardok to grind ( perfect zone imo ). Too bad exp there is absolutely terrible now at 107. ( yellow con mobs only giving 1 AA per kill now, thats solo, no merc )
    Wish I passed on this expansion = (
    Xeladom, Yinla and Slippry like this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Incoming a grotesque succulent

[IMG]
    Axxius, Jhenna_BB, Brohg and 2 others like this.
  13. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Thanks for the giggles folks. Well done
  14. Orthodox New Member

Don't worry, there's always this guy to help console your tears and give you free XP:

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

My group was surprised by this mob, since we didn't realize it was a named. It dotted me with something that made my spells fizzle. The group died, except for cowardly druid (me) who evaced when most of the group was dead.

Once we checked Hunter and saw it was a named, plus with understanding it dotted, we didn't have too much trouble.

Healer (me as druid), merc healer, SK, rogue, ranger, monk. I moved reasonably far away and told SK to face mob away from me. I avoided all DoTs that way except for one near the end of the fight.

It has a lot of hit points. A lot.

I wouldn't call it easy, but understanding most of the effects it casts seems to enable a win.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Was probably

[45513] Itching Poison
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 150'
    Resist: Poison -875, Min Resist Chance: 5%, Max Resist Chance: 15%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 36s (6 ticks), Dispelable: No
    4: Decrease ATK by 5000
    5: Increase Reverse Damage Shield by 1515
    6: Decrease Base Stats by 3000

-3000 base stats could make your fizzle. Not sure if there's a different thing it casts that does damage over time.

AE Range of 150 though, so the healing crew can move reasonably far away like you said.
  17. Greymantle Augur

It is a bit much, combine that with a sabertooth add and things get interesting quick.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I suppose I should have mentioned my group was raid geared. SK is quite good and the dps members were putting out a good amount. Attempting this mob with boxes, merc tank, or group geared / casual players, might be beyond their abilities.

Especially a merc tank. They seem to get worse with every level you gain. And they are pretty bad to begin with. Really, if you ever plan to solo things with a merc, don't be a healer. A player tank with a healer merc works on most things, the opposite does not.
  19. Cicelee Augur

Yeah I tried him like four times before I said heck with it. Was late, I was tired from raiding and work.

Looks like the dot is an AOE which doesn't help. I am quite confident a magician, bard box and two merc healers could not do it. Although if it is up again I might try another thing out...
  20. Greymantle Augur

Well tried one yellow to 105 with my merc, ate me pretty quick. Sad to say, and i can merc/solo the named in Lecurnium with care. Tried again with 105 rogue + 105 ranger & 2 healer mercs, we could manage them, yellow and reds. But lots of down time between.