the botting in HHK

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lungvin, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Lungvin Lorekeeper

Can a GM please do something about the botting in hhk on Agnarr. A certain necro and mage pair bot almost every night in there and it shouldn't be pushed under the rug. Im not going to name names since i already put a petition in. I want the public to no about this though. I realize there is limited GM involvement on agnarr but this is blatant cheating. usage and auto scripts used to target mobs 3 floors away with out the toon ever actually targeting the mob. Then when i find a few mobs to kill i get called out for training ,when he gets back from afk, because his cheating butts pets took aggro from mobs. They couldn't handle them because of their scripting not being able to tell the difference. Anyways Thank you for listening to my rant.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

FWIW you don't need any cheater software to make an ingame macro that has the line "/pet attack soandso_baggins".

Pet's will home in on whatever you tell them to provided they are within a certain range, no targetting by the PC required.
  3. Nekromancy Elder

They technically could be at their computers but what they're doing is using an auto clicker. They have a macro /pet attack guard... /pet attack whatever else generic or specific mob is there and set their auto clicker to click the hotkey.

It's the same thing as what went on in runnyeye. Yes the guy could be there but everyone knows that's not what's going on lol.
  4. Lungvin Lorekeeper

go to hhk right now and check it out for yourself then they are still there.
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nobody is disputing that someone is probably using pet classes to slaughter HHK guards, that's pretty par for the course on a TLP server at this point. Just that they are likely not using what you are claiming they are to do it.
  6. Lungvin Lorekeeper

oh the necros pet was walking, not running a path also. How can he get it to do that if there are no mobs up? the necros pet seem set up to attack anything on said path that he set up. If there was nothing up, it would just walk the path until something popped up. That doesn't sound anything like auto clicking
  7. Nekromancy Elder

He's not using some elaborate script lol. It's way easier than you think. Maybe the pet is walking back to where he was told to guard and when a mob spawns that's on his hotkey it runs to it... the guy is barely making enough plat as is, I doubt he has some elaborate script he spent a bunch of man hours making.

Set it and forget. You're making it more complicating than it is
  8. Rhadamanthus New Member

I mean regardless it sounds like they are most likely playing unattended--which is against the rules even if all you're using is an in game pet target macro and an autoclicker. Just ask any of the number of people who were given suspensions for using exactly that setup to farm fire beetle eyes on Agnarr pre-Kunark launch. Or the high profile multi-boxer who lost a large number of accounts for doing just that in Runnyeye.
  9. Nekromancy Elder

lol i can only assume you are Jeff on youtube... yah the guy is probably AFK some/most of the time, but the way you describe him "cheating" is so hilarious. You refer to his pet as "glitch healing". You do realize that is just him hitting "pet stop"... right? You have no explanation to how the pet can possibly stand there with the mob hitting it and the pet not fighting back. Wow, it's hilarious how much of a thing you have going on for these people. Thanks for the morning laugh. You would have been better off not trying to explain anything in the video. I know you didn't use any sound, but the mousing over certain things and the /tells to people saying you CAUGHT them pet glitch healing... it's great. omg guys look at this pet has no target and the mob is hitting it... CHEATING!

Yah the guy is 90% likely to be cheating aka he's probably afk but near his computer but probably not there 100% of the time... but it's not the cheating you think. That is the funny part.
  10. Lungvin Lorekeeper

also what is glitch healing?
  11. Nekromancy Elder

There are videos someone posted today and a month ago (weird timing of this post I'm sure). And in one of them they see a pet being hit and regening hp and they /tell someone omg I just caught this guy pet glitch healing. If it's not you it's really funny timing because this guy has a bunch of highkeep posts where he catches cheaters.
  12. Lungvin Lorekeeper

wasnt me. but i do know him.
  13. mackal Augur

/pet attack and /pet stop are apparently cheating I guess :p
    Adonhiram likes this.
  14. tuttles Augur

I personally would like to thank Jeff Kline for his dedicated service on the internet police squad, without him cheaters and criminals would be running rampant on the inter-webs. True heroes like Jeff do not often get the recognition and appreciation they deserve
    Adonhiram likes this.
  15. mackal Augur

What's a few innocent people lost in his rampage, right?
  16. Adonhiram Augur

That's Pet Stop, man :) Note how the pet loses target and starts regenerating after one tick ? There is indeed no such mysterious thing as"glitch healing". And for the pet chasing every guard, '/pet attack Guard' on autoclick certainly as said by Nekromancy.

Here all you wanna know about the Pet Stop button (which becomes even better with higher pet foci, the amount of hp gained/tick increases dramatically with with PoP+ foci, 1500ish with Ritual Summoning focus on PoP mage pets, no reason nec pets don't hit the same or close....) :

The Pet Stop button
  17. Adonhiram Augur

That's called /pet taunt toggled on :)
  18. Lungvin Lorekeeper

yah well he was still killing mobs i had aggro on, then blames me for training cuz his pet got killed and the guards went after him
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Killing mobs unattended is still cheating, keyword is "unattended".
  20. Ckador Augur

wutchu know 'bout dat RAN FLAMESPINNER, mein fām?