Don't forget you HAVE to instance Master Vule before DoDh goes live on phinny!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

First of all, this is a progression raid which would respawn on a time period of days, blocking most guilds from even attempting the majority of the meaningful raid content of the expansion.

Additionally, from a practical standpoint, It would actually be a pretty serious disaster if you don't. This would not be a pleasant open world competitive experience.

In case you forgot how this fight works:

That's the person with the MOST hate, by the way. NOT the person most recently on the list. So basically it would be the worlds most obnoxious griefing fest on a fight with death touches if you don't do the intricate mechanics correctly.

Not to mention people simply intentionally screwing with the crescent stone to get people death touched, now that I think of it.
    Sumonerr_Tunare, Rouan and Kendeth like this.
  2. Zapsos Augur

If they don't instance it I hope a coalition of people end up griefing the event 24/7 so that NO ONE gets through the bottleneck.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Please god if you do nothing else, instance Vule.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

We will look into this after the launch of the expansion. :)
  5. Raltar Augur

I know Lockjaw and Ragefire are different types of servers, but I hope they get instanced versions as well. I know we are a ways off, but please consider Ragefire and Lockjaw as well.
  6. Machentoo Augur

I know you are aware, but that leaves only the January patch to get it in and get it right before DODH launches on Phinny. Hope you all take some extra effort to make sure it is working right.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

After the launch of which expansion? The live server one, or DoD? ;)
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Honestly I would rather have DoDH delayed on Phinny then have the expansion launched without a working AOC for Vule.
    Ryak likes this.
  9. Qelyn1 Journeyman

I know I am very glad that we had a dev respond, and rather quickly at that, saying they will look into this as soon as the new Live expansion is released.

I would also like to seriously echo the concerns that without an AoC for this event, no amount of playing nice will matter. Vule will be the most toxic event this server has ever seen this side of Sleeper's Tomb. Please have some sort of plan in place for this by the time the expansion launches, otherwise your already overworked and underpaid GM's are going to hate their lives.
  10. Prathun Developer

Yeah, there's a good bit of anxiety about whether or not we'll be able to create an instance for the Vule event before Darkhollow launches.

The good news is that the team understands the reasons why, we're interested in looking into doing this when things calm down after the launch of Ring of Scale, the expected work required for this is much less than something like the many events in the Planes of Power, and most importantly...
    The person who implemented the progression in Darkhollow is on the team. That's Absor.
    The person who implemented Vule is on the team. That's me, Prathun.
    So we're not expecting much research or rewrite time would be involved.

I cannot, I'm afraid, guarantee anything until it's done. There are far too many variables in the world that are outside of our control for me to be comfortable promising something until it's actually completed. Today is perhaps the perfect example. There are multiple team members whose homes are threatened by the San Diego fires, who have evacuated, or who are hosting people who were evacuated. Another team member is out for bereavement. Dookie happens. We cannot predict this dookie and we cannot control it.

The fallout for promising something that does not come to pass is severe. We've seen this on our own team and watched it happen from afar on other games. It's abundantly clear that making promises that we cannot keep with certainty is the wrong decision.

Instancing the Vule event is something we are interested in looking into after the expansion launches. I cannot guarantee anything. Dookie might happen. Thank you for understanding. We're doing the best we can.
    Zenshai, klanderso, Ryak and 3 others like this.
  11. Zapsos Augur

Thank you for your honesty Prathun, and thanks for taking our concerns serious.

Honestly I think you should consider an Instanced Vule a hard requirement before DoDH can launch on Phinny, even if that means delaying the Jan 31st release a week or two. I'd much rather spend another week raiding Anguish and Vish than experience the shitshow that OW Vule would be.
    Chatoyan and adetia like this.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I appreciate the honesty and the time you are taking to clarify. Please push back DoDH if you guys need more time. We will not be mad. I would much prefer it.

The fallout from not having Vule instanced can very likely kill the servers population due to frustration.
  13. AgentofChange Augur

Push back DoDH a full year plz. #DoNforever
  14. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'd be mad at a push back. Those of you who don't want to compete in the show will be able to hang out in anguish, eating popcorn.
  15. Kanamori Hitatomi New Member

Without a working AoC for Vule, launching DoDH is pretty pointless. No guild would progress past Vule until that's in place. Delay DoDH if necessary, but a launch without an AoC means nothing for everyone (minus a few spells from missions). Even the DPS race ability of the higher end guilds wouldn't finish the event with the right peeps flagged due to the porting mechanism IMHO. It would be a 24-7 clown show of attrition and neckbearding until half the server population quits EQ in a rage.

Edit - Thank you Prathun for addressing this with honesty to the population also. This is a pretty big deal for the health of Phinny. This one thing can break the server's raiding population severely.
  16. AgentofChange Augur

I would normally agree with you, but there are no winners in the vule show.
  17. Kanamori Hitatomi New Member

This is one thing every raid guild on Phinny can agree on.
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I am actually curious how long people can actively poop sock the event to block other people from it.

This will be terrible...
  19. AgentofChange Augur

I'm pretty sure you could just have a small group of players force a wipe over and over and over. You wouldn't need to poop sock it just rotate people throughout the day to ensure nobody could ever beat it.
  20. Horyuken Augur

Hopefully all those who are displaced by the fires are safe and get back to a "normal" daily life soon. This is, after all, a game expansions or progression can wait.

Be safe sir!
    Zenshai and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.