Tradeskill information, post 300 skillups

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by adetia, May 22, 2017.

1. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I can work on splitting them - that does seem to make some sense, however, I've heard from more then one person they realized they missed a book from going through the chart.

For the near future, I'm also working on a chart style list of books where you could actually check them off to serve as a companion for the list of vendors I currently offer, etc.

For the more distant near future, due to my work from the issue tracker, my intention is to take it a little further - I suspect soon <tm> /outputfile recipes will include some way for me to automatch or remove the recipes you are credited with having.
  2. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Also - I'm always looking for ways to make the charts/website more useful for folks, so if you have ideas or feedback, keep em coming!
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Pottery chart updated with some missing information.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I don't think you need to farm the ice of velious if you get a dihydrous oxide glaciator unless you need to do the combines with both ice and ice of velious? If you have a tinkering friend or alt it is well worth the time to get one of these. This was one of the first things I did once I started making seals so I did not burn up my ice of velious.
  5. Thrillho Augur

Lots of ways to skin a cat, and you need to know all of them. Each recipe counts towards the 350 skill, not the item itself that you create. Hynid Meat is a good example - 2lbs through 15lbs all create various quantities of 1lbs Hynid Meat. That's 14 recipes you can learn by creating the same thing.

Every (every?) recipe calling for Ice of Velious can be replaced with temporary ice, doubling the amount of recipes you can learn.

If you need to use that combined item as an ingredient for another item, use the easier component to get, so says Captain Obvious. Coarse salt is another one that can be subbed out for a store bought item, and there are a lot of recipes that call for coarse salt / alternate that are subcombines for other recipes.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. the Reaver Journeyman

The recipes are "unique". You'd gain credit by performing the recipes with the ice (temporary) AND the ice of velious.
  7. Warpeace Augur

You have to do both.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

He is correct - until there are more brewing recipes you won't be able to avoid doing almost all of them. Due to the "brewing situation" that existed when i finished mine (wasn't able to finish due to abysmal sea recipes/crescent reach, which has since been fixed) i can't speak to how many extra recipes there are now, but i know its not going to be many, probably less then 10? Also - if you are doing the ice cream recipes, make sure, doubel sure, triple sure, that you dont' just trash your ice cream results -- use your ice of velious (in conjunction with your temporary ice) in such a way that you get the max learned recipes for both baking at brewing - don't do the brewing/baking of ice cream stuff separately in my opinion. I know someone that did the baking and gave away all their ice cream to friends and stuff then realized they had to go back and brew a bunch of things... so don't do that! ;)
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Thanks all for the responses as I wanted to make sure of this before I started wasting my short supply of ice of velious and wasting days farming more. Guess I will load up one of my accounts and send a toon to start farming some. Just finished the actual artisan's prize and am starting on my shawl but have enough accounts to set up some toons around the world to farm while I work on shawl. These quests require some serious multitasking and a small army to accomplish it seems.
  10. Orbital101 Augur

You got that right.

When I did mine I had a life time of farming/hoarding everything in 16 years and still it wasnt enough. I had to use 5 other accounts to keep up. Even had players on a payroll to get me what I couldn cover all at once.
    Sheex and adetia like this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You also did it remarkably fast. I had a stash too but it took me something like 4months to do them all to 350 and that was with a lot of guildmate/friend help.

Definitely the biggest groin punch of this game’s history, imo.
  12. Aurastrider Augur

I certainly have an advantage or some as I am also a mass hoarder. I made my own alt guild and built my own neighborhood with 60 houses currently for storage and over half of my houses are designated to trade skill mats and I am still having to farm like crazy. I find I just keep obtaining more of the crap I already have and acquire a couple new mats with each zone. My biggest problem I had was a lot of the zones where mats are needed I never even killed in. I have 2 toons fishing which will be rotating to various zones and a forager who also bounces to different zones while I have my five combat toons spread across the world farming in different areas and I fired up my laptop and loaded a ftp account with one of those free HC's we got to go farm also and its still slow as hell. I cant even imagine someone doing this solo.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've decided to just be casual about it, and not pursue it all at once. I got the Prize 2 months ago, and it starts at 40% of max. Over the next 6 weeks, I made enough AAs to raise my TS caps to where I got all the skillups for recipes I already knew, and that got me to 49%. Now, once the XP bonus time is over, I'll start working on all the skills, but just the easiest recipes for each, and see how far that gets me. I may never bother with the really intense farming needed for every last recipe, but I'd bet I still get to ~90% on the aug. So that would be an awful lot of farming for the last 10%, which is 300 HPs. I can easily put that on a very low back burner ;)
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

If you are limited on time, energy or even just plain good ole fashioned desire to do it all, start with fishing. By finishing fishing and scribing all the books -- you can easily get to 310ish (some a bit higher some a little less) and power up your prize nicely. After fishing, brewing will give you the biggest bang for the buck.

http://www.townshiprebellion.com/tradeskills-home
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I actually found pottery to be remarkably easy, too. Brewing has less recipes by a good margin, but still ends up with a lot of annoying forages and fishes and such. For Pottery, the only real hassle was having to split the list up by wheel/kiln.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, Adetia! I was already aware of that, thanks to all your helpful posts and web pages. You have already been a big help :)

Thruthfully, with the way I play, just getting that many AAs will be the real bottleneck!
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Looking forward to the remaining TS guides, I would also suggest mentioning on the instruction pages about using the new Item search as an alternative or addition to the /output files & their parsers.
  18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Item find is great if you have everything under that one char. For those of us with houses under many chars, you have to stick with /outputfile reports.

Having said that, I've found myself using the item find feature, hoping to get lucky that the item's in one of that char's houses, to save having to tab out and do a separate search :)
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I really can't recommend Fanra's inventory project thingie enough - I still use it even though we have find item ability - which is super awesome, but limited if you have real estate other toons, etc. the latest version is light years ahead of the previous one, as you can type in the first characters of the first word and zoom you are there. it works in conjunction with your outputfiles.

http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/EverQuest_Inventory_Report

current plans for the site are, in no particular order:

1. publish remaining guides.
    2. expand the tradeskill book section to actually include a checklist you can cross books off as you grab them to ensure you have them all
    3. expand inventory management resources, etc.
    4. incorporate new tradeskill quests/materials into existing checklists.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Thank you so much for all your amazing and hard work here. I have not even started my path to 350 outside of farming smithing mats in POP zones which I am starting to think starting with smithing is probably the worse one to start with. Having looked at your spread sheets it at least makes me feel like I have some direction and guidance when I start moving forward.

A quick question on the inventory project does it include items stored in houses? If so I will be downloading this tonight as this is my primary method of storage.

Also I remember reading some place that there is a number of points needed to max out the artisan prize. I am wondering if skipping some of the rare combines in the base trade skills and replacing them with some of the more common research combines would work or do we also need to get to 350 in research for the aug to fully evolve?

Again thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the community.