Test Update 12/5/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Dec 4, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

December 5, 2017

*** Quests And Events ***

- Fixed an error that caused some players to get full lockouts when lockouts were otherwise reduced on that server.
    - Atrebe's Vault (Raid) - The fire and stone dervishes will now wait for 10 seconds before activating their auras. Their auras will pulse half as often. The stone dervish's aura will now work correctly.
    - Frostfell - Saving Santug - Gifts are dropping again in Blackburrow, Everfrost, and Permafrost.
    - Frostfell - Fireworks - Fireworks are dropping again in various zones.

*** Spells ***

- Corrected an issue that prevented detrimental effects from casting due to runes expiring (such as in Polyrefractive Rune).
    - Spells that stun or increase/decrease hate with your target will now be more likely to stack.
    - - This should prevent abilities such as Hallowed Lodestar or spells like Impose for Honor from conflicting between casters.
    - Paladin - The Preservation of Tunare line of spells will now increase all hatred you generate while active.

*** AA ***

- Bard, Enchanter - Fierce Eye can no longer be activated while Illusions of Grandeur is active and all ranks of Illusions of Grandeur now prevent Fierce Eye from overwriting it.
    - Bard - Changed all ranks of Boastful Bellow to deal more damage initially and significantly more damage after 18 seconds. Scaled down the resist debuff component and added an endurance cost commensurate with the increased damage.
    - Bard - Changed all ranks of Vainglorious Shout to function as a multi-target version of Boastful Bellow. This ability now shares a timer with Boastful Bellow.
    - Bard - A new ability line named Sonic Disturbance has been created to augment the functionality changes to Boastful Bellow.
    - Bard - Adjusted the stacking on Bladewhirl (the debuff triggered from Dance of Blades) to better coexist with other debuffs.
    - Bard - Rallying Solo and Rallying Call (for bard targets) now function the same as Rallying Call for non-bard targets, increasing mana regeneration for the duration rather than restoring mana when the ability is first cast. Increased the amount of mana restored by Rallying Solo and Rallying Call (for bard targets). Adjusted the amount of mana and endurance Rallying Call consumes to be 50% of the amount restored.
    - Beastlord - Made the following changes to Feral Swipe, Bite of the Asp, Raven's Claw, Gorilla Smash, Frenzied Swipe, and Hastened Feral Attacks:
    - - Round kick can now be used starting at level 65; Feral Swipe is now a passive ability that adds an additional skill attack when using Round Kick.
    - - Eagle Strike can now be used starting at level 70; Bite of the Asp is now a passive ability that triggers damage over time when using Eagle Strike.
    - - Tiger Claw can now be used starting at level 70; Raven's Claw is now a passive ability that triggers an additional skill attack and attack debuff when using Tiger Claw.
    - - Dragon Punch (or Tail Rake) can now be used starting at level 70; Gorilla Smash is now a passive ability that triggers an additional skill attack and stun when using Dragon Punch (or Tail Rake).
    - - Added additional ranks to Feral Swipe, Bite of the Asp, Raven's Claw, and Gorilla Smash that increase the effectiveness of each ability in place of the hastening previously offered by Hastened Feral Attacks.
    - - Frenzied Swipe now reduces the reuse time of Round Kick by 3 seconds.
    - Beastlord - Veteran's Wrath now modifies the critical damage of strike and kick attacks. This ability line was refunded with this change.
    - Beastlord - Destructive Cascade can now be trained.
    - Berserker - All ranks of Distraction Attack have been changed to be toggled passive.
    - Enchanter - Consolidated Edict of Command to be ranks of Dire Charm. Targets charmed by ranks 2+ of this ability that are level 46 or lower will now be permanently charmed.
    - Enchanter - Consolidated Illusory Ally to be ranks of Doppelganger. Pets summoned by Doppelganger have gained the ability to cast any single target direct damage or stun spell that their owner currently has memorized. Starting at rank 20 Doppelganger will summon 3 pets.
    - Enchanter - Ranks 4-6 of Soothing Words now reduce the reuse time by 10 minutes per rank, rank 13 by 1 minute, bringing the final reuse time down from 20 minutes to 5 minutes.
    - Enchanter - Reduced the armor class debuff on Waking Nightmares, the debuff component of Noctambulate, to better reflect NPC armor class values.
    - Enchanter - Increased the range on Tashan's Lingering Cry to ensure it lands at the maximum range that Tashan can be cast.
    - Magician - Heart of Flames is no longer restricted to fire-based spells.
    - Magician - Increased the duration of Heart of Flames at ranks 7, 10, 12, and 23; Heart of Vapor at 7, 10, 12, and 25; Heart of Ice at 7, 8, 9, and 20; and Heart of Stone at 7, 8, 9, and 23.
    - Magician - Modified the damage focus component of Elemental Union to stack with Heart of Flames and reduced the damage focus percentage, increased the duration of the ability at ranks 3, 9, and 15, added a critical chance increase for all ranks, and added a base mana cost increase component to the ability.
    - Magician - Consolidated Elemental Ward to be ranks of Shield of the Elements. Reduced the initial reuse time of the ability, extended its duration, improved its stacking to better coexist with other spell and melee guard buffs, and scaled back the elemental damage reduction.
    - Magician - Renamed Mana Reserve to Elemental Conversion. Removed the restriction that you must be below 20% mana to activate the ability. The ability now consumes health from your summoned companion in order to restore your mana.
    - Monk - Increased the duration of ranks 3-13 of Destructive Force and Focused Destructive Force by 6 seconds.
    - Monk - Reduced the initial reuse time of Imitate Death by 30 seconds.
    - Monk - Added additional ranks to Distant Strike which can now be obtained starting at level 65.
    - Necromancer - Reduced reuse time of Death Bloom from 10 minutes to 6 minutes, increased the health/mana values of ranks 4 and 6, and refunded Death Blossom.
    - Necromancer - Consolidated Overpower Undead to be ranks of Dead Mesmerization.
    - Necromancer - Hand of Death now focuses damage over time spells with a minimum duration of 12 seconds rather than 24 seconds.
    - Ranger - Reduced the mana cost for rank 10 of Poison Arrows from 1036 to 900.
    - Ranger - Destructive Cascade can now be trained.
    - Shaman - Consolidated Armor of Ancestral Spirits to be ranks of Ancestral Guard.
    - Wizard - Arcomancy, Cryomancy, and Pyromancy now share a 2 minute recast timer.

*** NPCs ***

- All NPC Guildmasters should now be able to train players in all skills available to the class.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Players who are only grouped with a mercenary no longer have to confirm before merging with another group.
    - Added the mercenary AA ability Essence of the Dragon which can be purchased for 0 points once you have obtained the Special Progression AA ability Essence of the Dragon.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Level 52 and 58 fire pets will no longer cast wizard spells in addition to their intended Fire Elemental Bolts.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Made the following adjustments to the Intimidation skill:
    - - Corrected a longstanding bug that prevented the attacker from crying after failed Intimidation attempts.
    - - Increased the reuse time of this skill to 30 seconds.
    - - Increased the skill-up rate for Intimidation by approximately 300%.
    - - Increased the chance that Intimidation will succeed and introduced a bonus for being a higher level than your target.
    - Fixed a periodic zone crash that could occur when leveling up while having a mercenary casting multi-target spells.
    - Fixed an issue that caused you to stop moving when dismounting if 'Hidecorpse Always' was enabled.

*** UI ***

- The Merchant Window cost column is now right justified.
    - Added a default text color for the UI.
    - Addressed some button color inconsistencies throughout the UI.
    - Right-clicking and holding on any item in the merchant window will now bring up a temporary inspect window.
    - Merchant quantities will now correctly update when a player purchases stackable items.
    - Adventure merchants now charge the correct price for items.
    - Fixed an issue where shared loot was not being properly removed from the Advanced Loot Window when a group joined a raid.
    - Fixed an issue where players joining a raid could not see pre-existing items in the Advanced Loot Window.
    - Added a new label type for spell gem 13 (414).
    - Added 20 additional pages to the spellbook.
    - You will no longer see a message when deleting an empty bandolier loadout.
    - Corrected an issue with destroyed item messaging where numbers were not being displayed.
    - Fixed an issue that could cause the client to crash if the description of a combat ability exceeded 512 characters.
    - Added scrollability and additional resizability to the Combat Skills window.
    - Updated the server select screen message when multiple sessions are detected on your account to be more informative.
    - Clicking a spell link in the spell description window will now properly open a spell description window instead of adding a link to the spell in chat.

- Changed -
    EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml
    EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml
    EQUI_CombatSkillsSelectWindow.xml
    EQUI_DragItems.xml
    EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml
    EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml
    EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    Gyurika Godofwar and fransisco like this.
  2. Glandga Journeyman

Can the shadowstep effect on this AA be a On/Off Toggle?
    Larsupial likes this.
  3. Zunar Augur

Frenzied Swipe incorrectly reduces the reuse time of Round Kick by 1 second.
  4. Luclin.Dragonball Lorekeeper

WHY was Wizard Arcomancy / Pyromancy / Cryomancy timer set to 2 minutes? It's been functioning just fine for MANY years, and changing it to two minutes breaks the ability to use it for appropriate spell types as we cast! PLEASE don't put this change live!
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Surashu New Member

Most bards use Boastful Bellow to tag/pull a monster or to quickly break mez.

The problem with increased damage is it may cause the target to summon the bard when pulling.

Also bards want the resist debuff to remain strong so it's easier to mez/slow the creature.

Having the song do damage 18 seconds later also makes it problematic since it can break mez and it can also cause the creature to begin summoning.

So to summarize:
    • Bards don't want the ability to do more damage
    • Bards don't want you to nerf the resist debuff
    • Bards don't want the ability to do damage 18 seconds later, which could break a mez or cause summoning
    • Bards don't want an endurance cost added onto this ability
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  6. Ghubuk Augur

they added sonic disturbance in its place for pulling
    svann and Surashu like this.
  7. YellowBelly Augur

- Necromancer - Reduced reuse time of Death Bloom from 10 minutes to 6 minutes, increased the health/mana values of ranks 4 and 6, and refunded Death Blossom.

Wait. Are you removing death blossom? Unless you developers are developing alzheimer's I suggest you look back and review why it was separated in the first place. There was a reason for it.
  8. segap Augur

I suggest you review the past 9 months of AA consolidation and realize there is no logic to most of it.
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

Well then I hope the devs are prepared for the same complaints that led them to split DB in the first place. There was a very specific reason for it.
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

No kidding! I have not played my live necro in over 5 years...and even I remember that! Seriously DB, do you even know what the AA's do?
  11. Azorin Journeyman

--- MORE NERFS for Necro!!! LOL! (BEAT THE DEAD HORSE!) Necro will be even more useless in the group/solo part of EQ losing the 3 min mana recovery AA.

--- I guess this is supposed to help the group player using swift dots. All this does is allow a group necro to not have to switch to longer dots to "burn" anything for 60s every 8.5 minutes. With all the other dot focus not helping swifts I am not sure it really helps. Seems like a waste to use Hand AA on a swift dot setup. Sticking to a 30s+ duration dot setup will still be better plan as everything boosts the damage/crits on those dots.

Very silly changes. I will not be bothering with EQ as a necro until real changes are made.
  12. mackal Augur

So intimidation is now ADPS and MAY fear. Sweet.
  13. Vanlaven Elder

I'm taking the deathbloom change as a straight buff myself as I'm never in ooc regen mode to use the blossom aa. I can't imagine it very often in any group that you have more than 30 secs between mobs and when I'm soloing I always have 2-5 mobs rotting anyway

The hand of death change doesn't do much currently but that could be much different with the dot revamp
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

- Ranger - Reduced the mana cost for rank 10 of Poison Arrows from 1036 to 900.

The most mana starved class in EQ can't operate with a 900 mana drain. Especially not for such a low amount of damage.

Remove. The. Mana. Drain. Please. :)
  15. menown Augur

I agree with Vanlaven here. Death Blossom was a terrible idea. Waiting 30 seconds to get in OOC regen + the 6-18 seconds more sometimes because of server lag makes for bad mechanics. The upgraded Death Bloom and reduced reuse timer more than compensates for the loss of Death Blossom. It gives about double the mana back that it used to, and you don't have to mess with a silly OOC timer.

The hand of death change is also a welcome change. Our Swift DoTs have been neglected because they were not considered true DoTs??? Anyways, this change does not hurt us in any way.
    Vanlaven and Sancus like this.
  16. Riou EQResource

It uses the new Fear Stun SPA when you get the AA, not sure about pre-AA, but the AA also add the ADPS
  17. mackal Augur

Well then. Anyone wanna chime in on the differences between fear, stun, and fearstun then :p I mean, fear and stun are pretty obvious ...
  18. Riou EQResource

Ishtass likes this.
  19. Larsupial Journeyman

Or just remove it altogether. I've always hated that part of this ability.
  20. svann Augur

edit: oops Ghubuk beat me to it.