Making Progression Not Required On Release Then REQUIRING It?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Qft.

The only specification i'd make there is
    "Can I kill KarZok's without EoK Progression? Yes, but it will be harder to impossible"(because it depends on the actual number of them you have to fight at once, your group's gear and skill-quality and a number of other factors that would be nullified if all had Essence1)
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Good luck then to you!
    With TBM becoming F2P, you might even not have to do that alone much as you will mostly be for EoK.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No.
    This is a misconception at best, and a voluntary misstatement more realistically.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I've told you of at least one such "mythical being" - that negates the mythical. so stop using that pls. they might not be too numerous and YOU might not run across them much or ever, but that does not mean they don't exist. Open your eyes and mind to other playstyles and constraining life situations than yours!

There is not much "enduring" to be done to spend time being PLed by a friend and loot free stuff to get up to a "basic contribution state". There is some, or significant, more if you have to do it alone.
    And if you have to do it alone, ANYTHING that adds to the already high "mountain" of things you "have to do" before you can join "the big guys" adds to the inner resistance of starting it in the first place, making it that much more likely that you don't stay around for long.

In short: it's counter-productive if the road before you is made artificially longer by (unnecessary/avoidable) curves and scenic detours that you could take when not in a hurry to make that appointment or when the rush-hour is over.
  5. Bahdah Augur

WTS EoK PROGRESSION...
  6. Warpeace Augur

Get Express EoK progression in 24 hours. Only 25 Krono, act now and get a bonus set of EoK group gear per customer so you can make that RoS armor for an additional 2 Krono.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

Pretty sure someone will do something like this. Sad thing...someone will actually pay for it, too.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

Group with 5 peeps who done EOK progression , win win.
  9. Bobsmith Augur

Is there a Groupon, or some other mass discount if all of the mythical ones show up at once?
  10. Millianna Augur

Ok fanboys.... if you ignore the color, smell, and texture, poop is delicious food right?
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Quarm Krono reserves getting low? Highly dubious!
    Bahdah likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Kopi Luwak. Poop can be a gold mine.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Did you just say that you love the taste of poop? I think you did.

If you don't want to do EoK progression, then don't. It's been pointed out that it isn't nearly as important as people are making it out to be. This isn't necessarily the start of a trend, it's just two portions of the same lands having some connectivity in functionality. The sky isn't falling, but you are running around like chicken little. Guess what, it comes off as whiny and annoying, because it's whiny and annoying.

Grow up, quit acting like a baby. It's just content in a video game, content that is optional, but recommended. Make your choice and live with it. Why is this so hard for you?
    Belexes, Thrillho and Bobsmith like this.
  14. Xnao Augur

One of these days, i'm going to lay waste to your village. Burn all your wheat, etc.

Lol your lord is gonna be so mad.
    Belexes and Brohg like this.
  15. Natal Augur

What makes you think that the other guild will want you without flags in the first place? They are not going to want to spend 6 weeks doing old content just to flag you.

At least, until attrition kills their numbers to the point where they can't raid any more, then they will have to stop doing RoS raids for 6 weeks to flag their recruits. Which in turn will give more of their existing flagged people a reason to dump them and server transfer to some other guild, necessitating the need to get more recruits, who will require more time to flag, which will create further incentive for flagged people to jump ship. And on and on and on. So much fun. They are going to love that.

I wonder how long it will be before the top tier guilds start howling once they understand the actual implications of the new paradigm?
  16. Warpeace Augur

What makes you think the paradigm has changed? Top guilds still have to flag recruits, teach them how to actually be efficient at their class and then hope they take the feedback and make those changes. Let alone show up week after week to maintain minimum attendance.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

Doesn't take six weeks to do. I did mine in a week and a half, and that is casually playing.
    Second, while I am not keen on the suggestion to bail on friends and such, one has to ask...would you not do your research first and jump ship to a guild you KNOW would help with progression? I mean, that only makes sense.
  18. Bahdah Augur

This is how you stay on top my boy, Ok i wont sell them for 25 kronos, 15 kronos progression/loot?
  19. Scorrpio Augur

He talks about raid flagging. It presently takes 6 weeks given current raid lockouts to accumulate 18 EoK T3 wins which are needed to be fully enabled for RoS raids.
    Unless RoS raids offer back-flagging shortcuts for apps, things are gonna get ugly.
  20. Thrillho Augur