RoS T1 raids [Seal of Charassis]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

We are talking about the progression aug. it makes no parsable difference over EoK dropped loot.
  2. Thrillho Augur

Forgotten Gemstone: +45 to all heroics
    Emblem of [Whatever]: +12 to all but one heroics, +34 to the missing one
    *EDIT* Resplendent Sulstone of [Whatever]: +11 to all but one heroics, +32 to the missing one

So a +11 increase to whichever heroic you're interested in. Most increases between expansions are +1 to +5 on heroics (anecdotally). More importantly, +33 to all of your other heroics. As an hDex-, I have a lot of room to grow with hSta and hAgil. Having additional hSta or hAgil is going to help me stay alive a bit longer. And that sweet sweet hCha is going to... uh... have we figured out what hCha does yet? This is all going to increase your accuracy, proc rate, avoidance, damage shield, whatever else. *EDIT* If you're increasing from TBM-era, the increases are larger (+1 all, +2 one).

And going from Forgotten Gemstone to Nathsar Diamond, you get an additional +35 to all heroics. Again, that'll add points to whatever stat you're interested in, and whatever else you're not.

Repeating what I said before, these items aren't game changers. They're not going to be the deciding factor between winning or losing. But add them all up, and they make a noticeable difference.

For type 7/8 augs, you're not replacing your best with your new best. You're replacing your worst with your now best. I'm not going to replace my Nathsar Diamond simply because I now have my Artisan's Prize. You might still be using HoT or VoA era augments simply because you haven't done the chase augs from later expansions. Replacing one of those augments with an EoK (or now RoS) augment will make a difference. Replacing two, three, four, it all adds up.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

4. Reval Augur

Some items are powerhouse items that really do change the way the game works for people. Those used to be a lot more common.

Some have less of an effect, but add up. This is the way things are going, which is kind of a departure. I'll say that for a lower end player, if everything is a small change, then it's a LOT harder to get up to a reasonable speed to play with others. It's good to have some high gain and some low gain too. At this point, I would say some classes are better starter classes than others due to this (take shaman for example - that 2.0 does a lot), but also I would bet that it is easier to get some classes to a reasonable level of power vs others outside of epics. That's a tough one to say even as an older player though. If you asked me which class was the best for a starting player, I'd have a hard time answering it with a single class.

I think a lot of the issue here isn't itemization for these lower tier guys, but rather playability.

If the high end has amazing items, that are obviously better, but the low end still feels like they're playing the same game, just with a larger goal, then that's what is ideal.

Splitting the content to these expansions is going to lower the number of people that want to play in the older zones, and that smaller pool may make it harder for those guys.
  5. Blitter Elder

Then the logic follows that not having one item from the old expansion wont make a difference in the new.

You cannot have it both ways.
  6. Fian Augur

7. Warpeace Augur

Lol, and your going off early beta info. Sure roll with that.
  8. gotwar Gotcharms

Xnao and Sancus like this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

soooo, how bout that new expansion )
    Bobsmith likes this.
  10. Fian Augur

11. strongbus Augur

might want to double check your stuff in beta the scaleblood stuff is on the raid person in the crafthall. group is just called scaled.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=129165 is the link on all for scaled stuff
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

Put MSPaint to work and threw threw together T1 vs Tradeskilled vs T2 for you.

[IMG]

You'll notice that the T1 leggings don't have Ferocity! That's because it's Beta and many items still need tuning passes and/or bug reports. Only way to be sure is to close Alla and get on in there and start beta-ing!
    Thrillho likes this.
  13. Bahdah Augur

14. Xnao Augur

Sweet bump for epic thread.
    Bobsmith likes this.
  15. Bobsmith Augur

I really like how hard it is. The raids can be especially taxing on my ability to play. +1 for DBG good choices, keep up the good work!!

Git GUD
  16. Fian Augur

Looking at EQ Resource, it lists the Seal of Charassis as required for RoS T2 raids, but not for T1. Can anyone confirm? This entire thread was based on the premise that the Seal was required for RoS T1. Did dev change the requirements based on player feedback, or were we fed misinformation from the beginning?
  17. the Reaver Journeyman

They posted about the change for participating in RoS t1 raids in the beta forums several days ago I believe.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Oh good, this is back...
  19. Fian Augur

Oh wow they listened. This is fantastic news.
  20. Fian Augur

So where things stand for me now:
    RoS T1 open to all: thrilled
    Seal of Charassis required for RoS T2: not thrilled, but I can live with it
    EoTD required for many RoS raids: not thrilled, but I can live with it

My main concern now will be back flagging. My guild has had a lot of recent additions, and as a result, we can't field a full 54 in TBM T2, T3, or EOK T2. TBM flagging would be easily rectified if we really cared enough to do it, however EOK backflagging will be a pain. One, it would be better if all seals were 12 instead of 18, also, can we have a full backflag worth of seals drop from the higher tier like it does in TBM? Ideally RoS T1 would drop a full backflag for Seal of Charassis too, but my focus isn't just that flag.