[ROG] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.
    - Also, can you make a good argument for your focus becoming an AA, and coming up with a new focus if that happened?

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [38624] ROG Executioner Discipline Reuse Time 28%
    Duration: 3.3h (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Reduce Timer by 6.2m
    2: Limit Spells: Executioner Discipline
    Decreases the reuse time of Executioner Discipline by 28%.

Current clicky:
    [47221] Dazzling Blades
    2: Absorb Melee Damage: 25%, Max Per Hit: 5000, Total: 225000
    Text: You guard yourself with flashing blades.
    Your incredible bladework deflects your opponent's attacks, allowing you to ward off #2% of incoming physical damage ($2 max per hit), up to a total of @2 damage.
  2. Brohg Augur

3. Zolis New Member

Upgrade to that would be awesome. Or just back to that!
  4. segap Augur

We're long overdue to cycle back to the RoF one. Preferably the t4 version. Being stuck on a never used defensive for three straight expansions sucks. Ngreth didn't seem to have much interest during beta though. We tried.
  5. Zunar Augur

Posted on wrong thread. Nm me.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Always thought it'd be nice to have a mini frenzied stabbing type effect on bp.
  7. Poyzen Frawg Augur

BP click should be reduced timer on Rogues Fury or Rampage. Perhaps even Dicho.

How about an update to the leg poison?

Why are all the other mele focus not changing? Legs, arms, give me a break.
  8. segap Augur

You mean the focus? We already have the shortest timer on our main burns. Don't see that happening. Plus, reducing one of those messes up the timing with the things we use with them.

I do agree we're do for poison upgrades
  9. Bahdah Augur

Anything lowering our burns probably wont happen, even if devs cared as much as they do now, which is 0.

Now.. upgrading this current crap, which is this Ward on our bp's to the RoF bp, the bp I use, but also an upgraded version of Bladestorm would actually show "some" favor on the rogue side.

Definitely not a class balance fix. Thats another topic, but if our Dichos were on par with Zerker Dichos.. it would debunk the favoritism they are getting /duck :p because well lets be honest.. there is no class balance currently.
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I am open to considering an upgrade to this.
    It sounds like the Focus is okay.
  11. Lasherž New Member

I further this request, having a defense click on a class so obviously deemed towards DPS and dropping agro or dying due to damage very fast is frustrating. I would prefer something that doesn't fade on hits honestly though, because I don't know if you've noticed, but flurries are sooo common now for rogues that the charges instantly fade and we have almost no opportunity to select which hits we want it to apply to.

My idea: Something that gives multiple benefits but one activates another, like for example: 12 seconds of slightly increased twinproc chances, then 12 seconds of a chance to proc poisons, then a counter-based ability much like bladestorm.

As Bahdah said, it wouldn't make us balanced, but it would make me feel like the devs understand our class a little bit more than I've felt lately and want to give us something we can use.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Well, you probably haven't looked at the other classes stuff, but. The clicks will do a set non-scalable amount of damage.
    Increases to twinproc are NOT scalar as the result is highly variable on a large amount of conditions. Something like bladestorm is a set amount of damage. It is also why it has counters.

But I *can* do something like restrict the extra damage to backstabs, thus you have at least some control over it. (larger bonus less charges since backstab is less common than "hits" in the timeframe.
    Genoane and Brohg like this.
  13. ieain New Member

Cant add a hate reducer clicky BP? Being to hit that then hide/sneek or escape. Feel like it may add a higher chance of a not dying and all. Seems that should be the nature of a Rogue in a lore since anyways.
  14. segap Augur

That would be even less useful than the current defensive click. We don't have aggro issues and we already have Escape to fade (which does not need us to first reduce aggro to use).
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Read again. Still seems that the Focus is okay,
    And for Clik, a bladestorm upgrade is good.

The idea for something thatchanges is okay, as long a the things it cycles through do a set amount of damage. So poison proc that changes to a bladestorm is okay. But do you need something that complex. Wouldn't bladestorm be fine?

Also. would you want it to be backstab only? Or all attacks like bladestorm?
  16. Skecpa Journeyman

I think the focus is okay unless it were changed to either reduce the cooldown or extend the duration of knifeplay so that we can maintain running a disc at all times. (I don't know other's thoughts on this, it's just what I could think of)

I'd be happy to get an upgrade to bladestorm so I can finally tribute my COTF BP since I never managed to get the RoF BP.
  17. segap Augur

A bladestorm upgrade would be great. Would prefer it still apply to all attacks.

We're already under disc full time except for maybe 30 seconds every 10 minutes (or if we die early on during Knifeplay). That is if you're actually keeping your burns in your full rotation instead of saving them for some special moment. I'm happy with the focus as is.

The group RoF clickie is still better than the raid CotF one. No reason to not be using that.
  18. Bahdah Augur

If you're having trouble with hate than you're doing something wrong, which would be hard nowadays, than the tank would be the problem.
  19. Bahdah Augur

Personally.. I would stick with the all attacks + the upgrade of bladestorm of course.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thanks for the feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.