Live Update Bugs 11/15/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Launchpad issues continue

Of course I'm not connected to the internet so I cannot post this here. :p
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Hiladdar Augur

Intermittent lag where the everything freezes, is continuing.

Now, after this patch I am experiencing client intermittently crashing to the server select screen when I sometimes attempt to log a character in from the character select screen.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  3. Vanishin Lorekeeper

So now when you leave your character(s) idling on the character select screen for more than 5-10 minutes, hitting enter world results in "You have been disconnected" and booting you back to server select.

Another serious bug introuduced (which was already mentioned) is the parcel bug. You can't parcel to people offline anymore....this is a big one and very serious I hope it gets fixed sooner than a month from now.
    Hiladdar and Shimmerleaf like this.
  4. Hludwolf Developer

In the short term, you can retry the send and it should work.
  5. Hludwolf Developer

Please pm me your account name
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I am getting regular crashes again when setting filters in /advl.
    Haven't had that in a long while and several times today.
    Can only imagine it has to do with the latest patch.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

Since the patch when you log in and have an offline trader it doesn't ask if you want to log them off. It just logs in right away as if there is no trader at all. While it is nice to be able to log in fast it is also easy to make a mistake and log off a trader you didn't want to. Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. svann Augur

Getting some deja vu here.
    Default ui folder does not have the files
    EQUI_NewPointMerchantWnd.xml
    EQUI_PointMerchantWnd.xml
    that were mentioned in patch notes. Are the ones already in my customui folder good enough?
  9. doah Augur

dragorn scale cloak
    recommended lvl 60
    required level 66

probably should be switched
  10. klanderso Developer

They're no longer used. All point (and new point) merchants now use the unified merchant window.
  11. valiantSeven Elder

I have no clue if this bug is specific to this patch because it has been a long time since I actually did something like this, but I'll include it here anyway.

I was cleaning up a few of my accounts that had Heroic Characters on them because I had a lot I no longer played. I was also curious as to which ones would "refund" my Heroic Character count, so I started experimenting to see. The ones that refunded my count worked fine. I would select the character, hit delete, type in the name of the character to confirm the deletion, and then hit submit. The character would delete and everything would be fine.

The characters that wouldn't refund my Heroic Character count gave me lots of trouble. I would select the character, hit delete, type in the name to confirm, and hit submit. When I did this, another box came up telling me that it would "eat" the Heroic Character charge and it wouldn't be refunded to me, and asked me to type the name of the character again to confirm I understood that.

Whatever bug is happening makes it impossible to actually type the name of that character into the box the second time it appears (the one that confirms that the HC count won't go up). When I went to type in the name, it's as if backspace was constantly being spammed in that text field. I even went into Notepad and a web browser to see if a key was stuck. It wasn't, and it was just specific to this little window.

When I tried to click cancel, it would just come right back up and continue to prompt me. I couldn't type the name, I couldn't cancel out of the window, and because that window wouldn't go away, I was therefore unable to click onto another character to log into the game. I had to close the eqgame.exe process from my task manager, and when I tried to start up EverQuest again from my desktop, the same confirmation window was still there prompting me to type in the name of my character, and still spamming the backspace function and not allowing me to cancel the prompt.

I logged completely out yet again and wound up having to wait 20 minutes before I logged back in again before it finally disappeared. I tried yet again to delete that character and the same thing happened. I had to logout and wait another 20 minutes or so before the prompt would disappear. I still can't delete this character.

Not sure what's up :\
  12. niente Developer

Next time you get a crash, can you PM me the dbg.txt file in your EQ directory right after crashing? (it will overwrite with other stuff if you log in again).

I tested filters for a bit, but I haven't been able to recreate a crash. Do you have a lot of filters? Or are there a lot of corpses? Thanks for any info.
  13. klanderso Developer

I've squashed this internally and should be fixed in the next update.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Massive lag-spikes on AB today, I hope this doesn't mean it will get worse again! :(
  15. Qulas Augur

This patch has introduced a new bug with Guild Management.

You can no longer change someone's rank in the guild, or mark them as an alt unless they are online.
  16. Moege Augur

Reset button on merchant window search please.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

1) lag is back, somewhat worse than before and zoning takes longer time - no idea if connected to the patch and any uncommunicated "progress" on the chat-lag or not.

2)
    Every time i send some character the first parcel, i get "player cannot be found".
    Subsequent tries work.
    What's a bit worrying is that i have not gotten a single parcel through to various characters without that first fail, so it does not seem lag-related but some "functionality" that let's the first "get_name" or something auto-fail.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I know there's such a block between Live servers (login limitation to ONE char per account across all Live servers) and an additional blocking mechanism for certain special server(s) where even Multiboxing is not allowed anymore.
    But until the 11/15th patch it was possible to have one char on a Live server and one char on Beta server logged in. That's not working anymore.

As for the Dev post ... where's that written?
  19. Eldrian Augur

Sice changing the LDoN merchants interface they no longer show all of thier items. Seems they only go up to a certain limit and will show no more. Were they not given extra item display room when the interface was changed to the regular merchant interface?
  20. Siny Augur

We again have problems with the main guild channel that we all autojoin in pikeys (reported previously on the 7th : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/live-update-bugs-10-18-17.244452/page-5

I have relogged a few times to be sure and I keep getting Invalid password for channel ..

DB as you didnt actually respond last time, I have no idea if you actually did something to resolve it or if it somehow resolved itself. Either way this is now a reoccurring problem that needs resolving permanently.
    Hiladdar likes this.