How to beat Atrebe's Vault.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Unequip and reequip a bunch of your stuff. Tedious, but its a solution.
  2. Brohg Augur

more dots, more dots!
  3. kizant Augur

Funny how different some classes are. I need staunch and 1 to 2 paragons minimum to keep from going below 30%.
    gotwar likes this.
  4. Metanis Bad Company

I got a big kick out of the need to squander mana on this event. I mean for years the Devs threw everything they could at healers to make them manage their mana use. (Remember Lord Bayle event in Tower of Rot?) So trying to figure out how to burn mana here was challenging at first until you realize the purple aura is your friend! Just don't wait too long to use it.
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Friendly reminder that all of EoK's raids are written up in detail on ZAM, and have been for many months now. That includes raid mechanic functions, emoted warnings, spells used, and timers. Strategies for beating the events are not specifically laid out, but any raid leader should be able to read the description and come up with a plan for what needs to be done.
    Wizlard and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  6. Maedhros High King

This is why I specifically insist on still using mana chorus, AE paragon and Circle of mana. While the people that struggle to get their mana under 70% complain about having to click off AE paragon the other portion of the raid that burns through mana has far fewer tools to keep their mana up.
    Its easy for all classes to burn their mana down through various means and I don't want to pander to them while screwing over the rangers and wizards etc.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

I'm glad this got constructive. I was concerned in the beginning that it was gonna go south.
    No reason to beat on peeps that come here and share their time to share strats and stuff.
    -Rat
    Zhaunil_AB, feeltheburn and Maedhros like this.
  8. Greymantle Augur

Another tedious solution is to gate out, then banner back.Couple of insta cast gate items around.
  9. Blitter Elder

At least Reaver's Bargain wasn't in RoF, so we know you didn't cheat on that one.

How many wins of Fear Itself did you get after SK's Reaver's Bargain was nerfed? Cos all the twitch feeds show you use Reaver's Bargain exploit for your CT wins.
  10. Maedhros High King

I started my guild in March 2015 during TDS expansion. ROTE did not yet exist during the expansions you're talking about. Keep trying though.
    When did Twitch even come out? Think I'm calling BS on both counts here.
  11. Riou EQResource

2011 for twitch
    2006 for justin tv

I don't know if anyone in general really streamed EQ that long ago though, heh

And most of the ones you do find still aren't Live server
  12. Sindaiann Augur

Going to add a tip that may help with phase 1 for people.

Tanking axes/hammers/siphons at the raid corner indicated can increase deaths. You can successfully do this phase with 0 tank deaths each time if you split the mobs. If you choose to stack all mob types and try to blow thru them, you are rolling the dice on tanks getting one shot deaded. See below

Put the raid in the corner indicated by Maedhros - kill siphons here.

While in the corner facing out, look to your left, there is a table. Tank the axes here but at the edge of the table-ish, against the wall.

While in the corner facing out, look to your right, toward C as indicated on Maedhros map. Tank hammers here but DO NOT exit the room. Tanks can put there back to the wall here and just tank the hammers.

The reason for not tanking all mobs at raid and having a stud fort/deflect it and rotating fort/deflect to next tank as needed is this -

A magical siphon begins to cast a spell. <Mana Destruction>

[47599] Mana Destruction
    Target: Single
    Range: 600'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Focusable: No
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current Mana by 1000
    2: Increase Base Spell Damage Taken by 300000
    3: Limit Spell: Bonk!
    Text: Some of your magical energy is destroyed.
    Increases the amount of damage received from Bonk!

[47598] Bonk!
    Target: Frontal AE
    Range: 40', AE Range: 40'
    Focusable: Yes
    1: Stun for 1.5s up to level 200
    2: Decrease Current HP by 9777
    Text: You are hit hard on the head.

The limit spell indication on this refers to just the frontal weak bonk. The hammers actually cast a single target bonk too that is not limited at all. Also having this at the raid, even if competent tanking occurs and face them away, if tank deaths occur and hammers face inward, you are stunning the raid.

[Sun Aug 20 21:35:39 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:44 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:44 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:49 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:54 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:54 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:55 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>
    [Sun Aug 20 21:35:59 2017] An essence hammer begins to cast a spell. <Bonk!>

[47948] Bonk!
    Range: 1200'
    1: Stun for 1.5s up to level 200
    2: Decrease Current HP by 75123
    Text: You are hit hard on the head.

So basically if you fort/deflect it and all is good, dps is blowing through the mobs and a siphon hits a tank with Mana Destruction, then the hammers who are also being tanked by said tank cast single target bonk, bye bye tank (most likely).

If your MA is really good, and dps is quick with assisting, splitting the mobs like noted above is a much more controlled easy way to ensure no tank deaths and thus no dps deaths.

Siphons - 1 knight (zero reason your knight tank should die to a siphon)
    Axes - Pick 3 tanks - knights work fine on these guys
    Hammers - Warriors generally for us, but whatever works

I want to reiterate something, stacking all mob types on the raid and blowing thru it full burn is possible. We used to do it and sometimes get no deaths. It all has to do with how quick hammers die and how quick siphons die when they are up, but ultimately you are rolling the dice. There just is no reason to full burn phase 1. Use 10min stuff and split the mobs apart to make it safer.

One other thing. Obviously this requires communication on the Guardian movement to ensure he doesn't roll over tanks, however if you wait until he moves to a far corner away from where you start the raid, you should not have a problem.
    Maedhros and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  13. Sindaiann Augur

Phase 2 - Books

What we do is as the last axe/hammer mob is dying, I have all range dps/healers move to spot 4 on the map. The tanks/melee dps+(shaman who creep up from spot 4 for range) then deal with books on the south (iirc) wall. Where the table is that the axes were tanked.

What this does is limit healers/range dps from ever getting silenced. It can still happen however.

People who are silenced need to move immediately away from anyone else, the viral range is only 15' and is recast at the 5 sec mark of having it. So you have to move right away.

[47600] Hush
    Range: 360'
    Viral Range: 15', Recast: 5s to 5s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Inhibit Spell Casting
    2: Inhibit Combat
    Text: You comprehend the importance of silence.
    Silences. Prevents the use of melee abilities.

Create a GINA trigger for this.

Trigger Name - Hush
    Search Text - You comprehend the importance of silence.
    Display Text - Move Away - Viral Silence 15' Range - {C}
    Text to Speech - Run away, viral silence
    Timer Type - Countdown
    Timer Name - You have VIRAL Hush
    Timer Duration - 12sec
    Restart current timer - Regardless of timer name
    Timer Ended Display Text - Silence off

If you manage the silence correctly and follow mark, killing all living tomes then the other dude last, you should have books dead before Golems go active

You don't have to use display text for triggers necessarily, however we have a deaf person in guild and I accommodate all triggers for them this way.

Keep in mind, if you play in full screen, you will NOT see display text/timers for GINA triggers.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  14. Sindaiann Augur

Phase 3 - Golems

[Sun Sep 17 21:40:07 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:07 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:07 2017] The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones. You have been healed for 6 points.
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:27 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:27 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:47 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:47 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:40:47 2017] The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones. You have been healed for 6 points.
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:07 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:07 2017] The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones. You have been healed for 6 points.
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:07 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:27 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:27 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:27 2017] The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones. You have taken 10817 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:47 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:47 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:41:47 2017] The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones. You have been healed for 6 points.
    [Sun Sep 17 21:42:07 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>
    [Sun Sep 17 21:42:27 2017] An imperial construct begins to cast a spell. <Footstomp>

[47603] Footstomp
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 93'
    1: Decrease Current HP by 185000
    2: Stun for 0.5s
    Text: The golem stomps the ground, shaking you to the bones.

All tank locations Maedhros indicated for Golems are perfect. What I suggest as the last books die, have the range dps/healers/melee dps move to south wall in the middle (table) and wait until tanks get the golems positioned in the corners.

Enchanters need to ensure to hit/renew Glyph Spray/MGB Lucem before Golems go active to help people eat the stomp DD.

Enchanters/anyone with a push ability need to watch tanks and if a Golem doesn't reach their designated corner fast, use Beguiler's Directed Banishment and push that Golem into its corner. Its important that all Golems are as deep in those corners as possible because it ensures the Guardian can not path on top of the tanks (this would be bad).

Aside from this, follow mark and have healers keeping each tank alive and kill 1 golem at a time. They have a massive regen as well. Ensure splashes occur near each mark to keep melee alive thru the stomp and keep up this routine until all 4 Golems are dead. You are essentially stacking rest of raid on each mark and having range dps from middle of room to avoid all stomp damage on casters.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Phase 4 - Dervishes

We place these guys a little bit different.

Kill Order is - Stone > Lightning > Fire

Stone = Corner 1
    Lightning = Corner 2
    Fire = Corner 3

As soon as dervishes pop we go FULL Burn and kill Stone first. Necros/enchanters can dot up Fire fully as this occurs. Personally I get dots on stone, lightning, then fire and by the time that happens we are marked on lightning and I help there.

Fire has that nasty aura for tanks. Have a knight on pop hit unflinching on Fire Derv and hit DA/Harmshield. This will allow them to live for placement and most likely at the point that DA fades Stone is basically dead. It will free up some healers to keep that Knight tank alive on Fire Derv.

Kill lightning then fire and boom, Guardian time.

Keep in mind I am just adding something to the phase write ups already posted, not giving full in depth info because most of that was already posted.
    Maedhros and Zhaunil_AB like this.
  16. Sindaiann Augur

Phase 5 - Guardian

The mana mechanic is 35% to start its probes.

As Maedhros said be below 70% and I have everyone stay at above 35% - reason being alliance/dicho and other spells can easily push you under 30 if not being diligent and if caught on a probe you do not want to be the person that pops extra adds.

Aside from that, doing the click portions for this phase to depop totems is the quickest way thru the event.

Ensure those disease cures occur for the dot. It sucks. Your group healer can cure it however I recommend everyone be self sufficient with Disease cure potions/rod click/shield click if able.

[47937] Rambling Bones
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 625'
    Resist: Disease -980, Min Resist Chance: 10%, Max Resist Chance: 20%
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 119123 per tick
    2: Interrupt Casting (10% Chance)
    3: Decrease Chance to Double Attack by 100%
    4: Increase Disease Counter by 45
    Text: Your bones start to move, as if trying to leave your body.
    Inflicts %1 damage every tick. Reduces double attack chance. Interrupts spell casting.

GINA trigger as follows

Trigger Name - Rambling Bones
    Search Text - Your bones start to move, as if trying to leave your body.
    Display Text - Disease Cure 45 counters
    Text to Speech - Cure Disease

Have a tank ready for skellies to kill at max range/where range dps is setup for Guardian.

Rinse and repeat til Guardian is dead. Pretty simple once you get the routine down.
  17. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I wholeheartedly second this statement!
    you use way too much mana, you blower upper of things.
  18. Kiras Augur

Just a warning to anyone who wasn't aware yet:
    The patch on 12/12/2017 claims "- Atrebe's Vault (Raid) - The fire and stone dervishes will now wait for 10 seconds before activating their auras. Their auras will pulse half as often. The stone dervish's aura will now work correctly."

What actually happened is they made all of the dervishes hit much harder than before (still tankable, but you can't say that the only threat is the auras now like it effectively was before). They also made stone's aura hurt substantially. Flame seems as lethal as ever. Overall, P4 got noticeably harder.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

While i haven't done any EoK T2 in a while now (time is fleeting), it wouldn't surprise me if it were harder.
    Changes are rarely made for the "better", and this whole expansion has been made progressively harder over time.

The info in this thread should still be applicable though.
  20. Sindaiann Augur

I'll disagree. 10secs before the aura starts is huge. If your placement team is fast and burns are prepopped just before the dervish spawn, stone and lightning are dead in about 10-15 seconds leaving only fire left, which if pre loaded by necros dot classes, is almost dead as well.

If anything this is event is now a PITA to manage the mana mechanic on at 110, but again isn't that big of a deal.