Server Merging

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sarahenity, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Sarahenity New Member

Anyone hear any rumors? Its hard to find and recruit players for guilds, there are several guilds raiding, well trying to raid with 34 unsuccessfully. Most have a hard time paying the monthlu subscription let alone thinking to transfer. Good guilds are dieing and players are giving up because attrition in elite guilds is killing smaller ones.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

No news that I have heard of and considering the fippy and Vulak merger did not go well I imagine they will want to work out several bugs before they do another merger. If you think not having enough people to field a raid sucks imagine being moved and having no toons to play the game. At some point there might be more mergers but at the same time they made a new server in Brekt after the Quarm event ended which makes me scratch my head. The better option if possible would be cross server grouping and raiding. This would help guilds field full raids, people to find groups and not force people to leave servers that they have been on for years or merging people that don't want to join a new group of players and have the added competition for camps and bazaar sales.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Cool!!! Been a while since we had a merger thread. Party on.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think it is lacking in some respects as it doesn't have the 250 pages of posts of AB not working right or the fact that no one likes them enough to group with them as the real reason they want a server merge. There I brought the ice to this party.
  5. Roxxlyy Augur

As a heads up, we currently don't have any additional server merges slated.

Of course, more can always happen in the future if we at any point feel that another merge is something that would be a sensible decision for our playerbases.
    adetia, snailish and Smokezz like this.
  6. jeskola pheerie

This is the key point. They tested a new merge method with Vulak to Fippy, it was a disastrous failure, so merges return to the back burner for a long time once again.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Poxxie New Member

Any TL;DR version of what happened to Vulak Fippy?
  8. MarttinPH Augur

There was supposed to merge characters from both servers. If two characters had the same name then the character played the most in the last month kept the name, and the second received an x at the end of their name. However, it looks like it deleted all the second characters instead of adding an x. This is weird, as server merged have happened before.
  9. Brohg Augur

Color me uninterested in your "reasonable answers", Roxxlyy, or any "factual history", Poxxie. Neither of those are what I clicked on this thread for, at all!

I propose Bertox, Povar, Rathe, Tunare and ... does Vox still exist? all get mashed together! None of them has more than one guild recording an expansion clear this year
    Numzan likes this.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Huh?
    Wut?
  11. Numzan Augur

I noticed that bertox is very low on numbers. Even the Afkers are lacking in Lobby haha. You might be completely correct for that one server. Its laggy as right now too.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  12. HeatherPurrs Augur

FYI There are no servers as in Flippy is on one box and Agnar is on another box. There hasn't been separate machines for "servers" in nearly a decade.
  13. Rhayzer TheTrickster Lorekeeper

Agnarr is their baby now.
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

thank god. some of us love our servers, as is. well... as is, without the lag ;)
    code-zero likes this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Actually it was the character played most recently in the last 60 days and if still a conflict, character with highest minutes /played keeps original name. None of that happened and many characters did not get moved.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

What? Who's gonna decide things like this then? You? LOL
  17. Vanrau Augur

The problem with server merges right now is the servers are having a tough enough time being stable as they are. They need to address server stability and have plenty of expansion available before they even consider thinking about server merges.
  18. snailish Augur

Not sure the current slate of live servers being doubled up (as previous merges were done in the past) is the answer that gives people what they want... may end up with half as many servers and most of them low pop still.

It would be interesting if they opened up a free transfer window to 1 of the more "full" live servers from all the other regular live servers.

What holds people back of taking control of this themselves isn't moving mains or their guild... it's the cost of moving 8+ alts over as well (x however many accounts you like to run).

The other alternative is possible: When Phingel catches up to live it will be a special ruleset server that you pay full sub to play on. They could enable free transfers into it from the old live servers.