Making Progression Not Required On Release Then REQUIRING It?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by HeatherPurrs, Nov 14, 2017.

1. HeatherPurrs Augur

Don't ever do this again, DB. You hear me? It's a really terrible idea, mmmmkay.

Don't let me find out a couple months before the next expansion that progression is required in the current expansion to be able to explore and enjoy the coming expansion.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I realize humans are resistant to change, but this is getting absurd the crying that is happening.

BTW what was going on the past ten months?
    jeskola likes this.
  3. Aurastrider Augur

What progression are you talking about? Will you have to progress all the way through EOK in order to progress through ROS? If so this might impact my decision to purchase ROS on my accounts. I typically wait several months before I ever enter the newest expansion and even then I usually just farm some new gear and then head back to old progression from previous expansions that I am still behind on. Will I have to progress through EOK in order to farm gear in ROS or is the progression you are talking about specifically related to quests and tasks in ROS and not farming?
  4. Axxius Augur

Yes. Without completing the main progression quest line through EoK and obtaining the progression AA Essence of the Dragon I, your progression in RoS will stop abruptly at the first Kar'Zok you encounter (typically in Gorowyn). Even if you manage to dodge them in Gorowyn, you will not progress past the second mission (Skyfire) which consists almost entirely of the Kar'Zok.

You will need EoK visible gear in order to make RoS visible gear. For the purpose of farming items, you should be able to avoid the Kar'Zok in the static zones, more or less.

As it stands currently, RoS is a direct continuation of EoK and should not be considered as a separate expansion. There is still time before the release, maybe the devs change their minds about that questionable design and do something that would remove or ease these requirements. Check again closer to the release date (Dec 12).
    Tugroka and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

DBG doesn't care, don't waste your breath.
    Rhodz likes this.
  6. Reval Augur

Poll results:

people complaining about flagging (mad because of game issues that affect them): 2.
    people complaining about people complaining (just like being mad): 2.

Thank you for participating.
  7. TheStugots Augur

Number of people that clearly can't recognize the sarcasm in the OP's post: 5
    HeatherPurrs and Thrillho like this.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

HeatherPurrs, when I saw this post on the main list, and saw your name under it, I expected to click on it and see an avatar of a Vah Shir. Instead, I am greeted with an image of an Iksar.

Don't ever do this again, HeatherPurrs. You hear me? It's a really terrible idea, mmmmkay.
    dinozo_povar and Brohg like this.
  9. Brohg Augur

Still don't get the complaints. You're mad that because you didn't play the last expansion that you won't be allowed to not-play the coming one? Don't worry, you can skip another whole year of content without doing anything NO PROBLEM. Or, if you suddenly want to "do things" - you have more things to do even than the people who Did Things over the past year! What fools, they, eh?!
  10. Millianna Augur

This is EQ. You log in, gather friends, and go kill stuff. You get exp or sometimes loot. We don’t run around hailing things and delivering items. Outside raids, there no reason complete EoK progression. Changing the rules now is milestone in the wrong direction.
    NeverPayForLag, Mordeen, Inga and 4 others like this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Outside raids, there's loot and achievements to gather, and power to gain thereby.

In EOK, that included a 36 slot bag,
    a 40 slot bag,
    two ranks of Hero's Resolution AA,
    several ranks of Hero's Fortitude and Hero's Vitality AAs,
    the Rhino mount that brought with it the best-in-game Mount Blessing Sana,
    the Forgotten Gemstone type5 augment,
    the Black Claw Fragment,
    …and probably other things I'm forgetting(?)
    all functionally gated behind completing Essence of the Dragon I.

If you passed on getting all those in the past expansion, why do you suddenly care now that you can't get those loots or those achievements (with the power they represent) in the next one? You can keep on doodling along NO PROBLEM in RoS just like in EoK. Log in, gather friends, and go kill (some) stuff. Just like you killed (some) stuff for the past year. Just not some other stuff, just like before.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

Just do what our guild did. When I went scouting and saw what I saw, I came back and said, "Hey, guys, we really need to do EoK progression so that we are prepared," we just mobilized, started forming groups, and started working on getting it done. We have had some people with it already done, most of us didn't, some of us are progressing through it faster than others, but in the end, we are all helping each other out with getting it done. Was there some initial "wtf?" moments from people? Sure there were, but because we are doing this as a guild effort, that initial moment passed and we are getting it done.

With those in small guilds or without a guild (choose to be guildless), seek out and form a core group of others who need it done, and stick together on getting it done. When you have done a certain step, and see another seeking help, jump in and help them out. People say that this game is about building relationships and community...here is a perfect opportunity to do so.
    Caell likes this.
  13. Millianna Augur

I’m an SK. Haven’t cared about mounts in ages. I don’t care about an aug that is only slightly better than the ones I have. I could careless about achievements. They need to make progress palatable - and in it’s current form it’s not. It wasn’t required for EoK so most people did only the parts they wanted to do. They should have required it, that is just the bottom line.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Mordeen and Yinla like this.
  14. Warpeace Augur

Did you get all those things in EoK or did you simply pass on them because SK and supposedly only slightly better?
  15. HeatherPurrs Augur

Your post was almost as funny as mine it just lacks originality.

Sissruukk likes this.
  16. Thrillho Augur

It's the micro increases that make a difference at the macro scale:
    • Mount buff is useful and gets upgraded each year with the latest & greatest mount
    • Augs get more powerful with each expansion
    • Achievements give heroic AAs - several dozen now
    • Achievements give augments - the parrot, hero's calling, relife adornment, forgotten gemstone / nathsar's diamond all come to mind
    While you certainly don't need to get all of the achievements, all of the gear, or the best mount at the time, you're doing yourself a disservice if you're not doing some of them.
    Take a look at your stats and how your heroics play a part of it. Accuracy is a big one for me (monk), and a small upgrade in a heroic aug can be the difference between getting more accuracy or not. If your next upgrade isn't until another 20-30 heroic points, that 1 heroic aug isn't going to make or break you. However, upgrading all of your type 5 augs from TBM to EoK is going to have a +2 impact for each one. With 10 upgrades, that's a significant upgrade.
    You don't need to play at the bleeding edge. But if you're not even going back to old expansions to finish up at your leisure, you're going to be left behind. The game isn't tuned around having everything complete, but it is tuned around having a portion of it complete.
  17. Brohg Augur

But if you didn't care about them before, why do you care about them now? You got what you cared about from limited content, and you'll have some more of that in December.

In the rest of the content will be…
    Another mount with another better mount blessing that you don't care about.
    More augs that are only slightly better than the ones you have.
    More achievements that you could[n't] care[ ]less about, with the power those bring.

They didn't require progress because progress isn't required. Not unless you actually want to keep improving your character, that is. As you say, you don't, and that's fine. Progress still isn't required for you. Progress is only required for people that want to do all the parts. Been that way since the first Kunark.
  18. HeatherPurrs Augur

That's why having a bot army and being able to do these tasks and quests is so important. Bots= Free EQ, bleeding edge EQ with very little effort once the bots are running right.

Naw, if you want free EQ and to feed the krono market of the TLP servers, you gotta have that bot army running 24/7 and the game is tuned around bots being the elites farming chase and selling the for krono to the idiots who aren't smart enough to put together their own bot army.
    Thrillho likes this.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Don't need a bot army to get this stuff done. I don't have a bot army, and I am getting this stuff done.
    Tugroka likes this.
  20. Bobsmith Augur

Wait Everquest isn't about questing? Devs please change the name to evergrind so some will not be confused.
    Tugroka and Tour like this.