Thank you Daybreak (RoS information)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Roxxlyy and Metanis like this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Now they should just stop calling it "Ring of Scale" and call it by what it actually is: "Empires of Kunark, continued".
    And change the pricing accordingly.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

"New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs"
    Rogues didn't get anything new, just upgrades to stuff we already have.
  4. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

Really? I think 31-32 bucks is a steal for as much content is actually released. Obviously we would all want more, but no complaints here!
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yes, it pretty much is EoK 2.

But the price is not unreasonable compared to video game DLC. In fact, I would say it is a good price for the Standard Edition.

The Collector's and Premium editions are just ludicrously priced, though. And Daybreak is continuing the disrespect for all players (and especially druids and wizards) seen in the past few expansions by locking a teleport to the Collector's and Premium editions. If your guild doesn't have someone who is going to shell out $140 then you aren't getting the teleport to Skyfire for your guild hall.

That's the only complaint I have for the pricing, the teleports. Beyond that, I find the Standard edition very reasonable.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I agree completely. However, at least Druids and Wizards get secondary and tertiary bind, so that's one way to work around that :)
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It can help. But druids can only port themselves to secondary and tertiary bind.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not true, druids can port their group to secondary bind.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I know we have group to Primary bind but I don't see one to Secondary.

Looking at my AAs, under Archetype there is Secondary Recall. I only have 1 out of 7 purchased for it but the description says ranks 2-7 reduce the reuse time. It says nothing about porting group. And the description says "to gate yourself".

What am I missing?
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

"as much content"...
    Yeah well.
    I am ok with the pricing for a whole expansion, for standard as that is still under 3EUR per month. So, translated, from 13EUR to around 15-16 a month, or the often-mentioned visit to the movie theater.
    But there was a time that i still remember and most seem to have forgotten, where we got this "much content", or almost, at the half-year mark for free.
    (and before that, we got more content at the half-year mark for about that price)
    When and why have our standards and expectations dropped enough for them to get away with some copied and modernized zones, one possibly copied from EQ2 and one "new" one i wonder.
    Let alone the re-used models and zones i see since my return to the game just a weeks before 2016.

I may have a hard time phrasing this correctly (i am not posting in my native language and sometimes i'm struggling finding the right expressions), but i feel... cheated.
    I expect a "real" expansion for a normal expansion price (standard price is ok, collector's and premium are a rip-off what they offer and offered imo) OR i expect an add-on for free (as they did) or for an add-on price.
    RoS seems to fall somewhere in between for me, so should the price - that's what i meant.

The continued pretense that RoS were an expansion is just... pushing it imo.
    If it weren't for the social ties i have, i'd say "so long and thanks for all the fish!".
    So not THAT many thanks to Daybreak from me, just some - mostly that i something to return to in the first place after 8years.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

be new to me if us wizards have a port group to 2nd bind. if we do have it I would think both wizards and druids would get it.

Andarriel
    svann likes this.
  12. Vlad Diszno Augur

The 'thank you' in the title got me thinking along these lines...

Guess which is the EQplayer.
    Rhodz likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You're missing the fact that my memory sucks, and I was thinking about the AA which ports our group to our main bind point ;)
  14. Raccoo Augur

I have my druid 2nd bind in scorched woods outside of chardok, and 3rd bind in gates outside of Labs. Whichever one I want to go to, he uses the port there, binds himself, ports back and teleports the group to that bind.
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Talonthalis Elder

Great idea, Raccoo. I've been playing with this for a few days now trying to figure out Druid bindings, 1st, 2nd, anchor points... man it gets confusing. Can send a player to this place but not to that place, can't anchor here, or anchor is broken... The one reliable gate is the aa to 1st bind point, it seems.
  16. Axxius Augur

New class AA are not on beta yet. Dzarn will post when they are. For now, only new ranks of General and Archetype AA are available. But there is still a month of Beta to go.
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

What confuses me are the spells Anchor Push and Zephr: Anchor, I can never remember which one sends them to my anchor(s) and which one sends them to their anchor(s). I have to go look it up every time.

While it is nice to have three bind points, that doesn't change the fact that the "extra" teleport location in recent expansions is no longer given to druids and wizards but instead is purchased with real life cash. The same with guild portal access.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could buy them for a reasonable amount of Daybreak Cash, but I assume that is the exact reason you can't (to generate Collector's and Premium edition sales).
  18. Axxius Augur

The main problem with that post is that it does not emphasize that RoS is not a separate expansion but EoK Part II and pretty much requires completing EoK. New or returning players will find this misleading.

The only mention of the continuity requirement there is about the raids, but raiding guilds already know that. What really should be mentioned is that the casual players will not be able to start playing in RoS like they have been able to in any previous EQ expansion. They will get wrecked by the Kar'Zok, unable to progress. They will not be able to obtain RoS group armor either.

I feel a major poopstorm approaching when the casuals discover these surprises. There is still time to do something to prevent it, maybe add a quest to get Essence of the Dragon I in RoS without going back to EoK, add expensive vendor-sold molds that can be combined instead of EoK T2 armor, etc. But the time is running short.

If nothing is done, and RoS is released as EoK part II with these requirements - brace for impact on Dec 12.
    dinozo_povar likes this.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Let them poop.
  20. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

No loot crates no buy.