(Phinigel bug) - Legacy of Ykesha spells not on vendors

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tuzmin, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Tuzmin New Member

As the title says, the level 44 and 52 Legacy of Ykesha spells that are quested are not on the PoK spell vendors. All spells should be on there 2 expansions after the expansion in which they are released so these spells should have shown up during GoD if you count LDoN or when OoW was released if LDoN doesn't count. Either way, they should now be on the PoK spell vendors.

They are on PoK spell vendors on live so this is just an oversight I think.
  2. Baldur Augur

Only the level 60-65 LDoN spells are on the PoK vendors as well, the lower level LDoN spells aren't there.

So the LDoN spells are definitely messed up. They should either all be there or none of them should.
  3. Ryak Augur

LDoN shouldn't be for sale at all, yet. Until DoN. Maybe? Who the heck knows.

It would be nice if we actually knew what guidelines determine what spells are *supposed* to show up, so we can point out issues where they are wrong.
  4. snailish Augur

5. Tuzmin New Member

If the rule is spells on vendors 2 expansions later (which it has been for all spells except LoY and LDoN) then all LDoN spells should be on vendors now (LDoN - GoD - OoW).
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't know what past TLPs have done but I remember 10+ years ago having to do LDoNs just to get certain spells only available on LDoN vendors. Perhaps that has changed but that's how it was originally.
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Thankfully the ldon spells are tradeable now so someone else with points can buy them for you.
  8. Rainlover Augur

I agree, a good rule of thumb would be useful. or even a list if it is not a straight forward rule as to when.
  9. Tuzmin New Member

I was wondering if a dev wanted to look into this now that the new live expansion has dropped? It seems to be a clear and presumably easily fixable (?) bug.
  10. Baldur Augur

The Ykesha spells are on the PoK vendors now when DoN launched. This thread was originally posted before DoN launch when the spells weren't there.

Certainly not 2 expansions after, but the LoY spells must be marked to become available with DoN. The 2 expansion thing is not holding out to be true.

The Omens spell runes still drop in DoD, so it really doesn't make sense them for to go on PoK vendors 2 expansions after, which would be in DoD. If they do appear in PoK when DoD launches then the DoD runes are worthless.
  11. Prathun Developer

Looks like the Ykesha spells are available for purchase from PoK vendors when Dragons of Norrath has unlocked on the server.
    This is 4 expansions, but as these were 6 month expansions it was close to 2 years (Feb 24 2003 [LoY] - Feb 14 2005 [DoN]). I suspect this is intended.
    snailish likes this.
  12. snailish Augur

LoY spells are quest-based (a real quest for each spell, not just hand in a rune to get spells in order). One could argue they shouldn't have gone PoK vendor ever, but waiting for DoD is certainly fine.

Baldur's comment about Omens spells is spot-on, they shouldn't be on PoK vendors in DoD (trivializes the in-era drops) so that will be worth watching.

LDoN spells being tradable (to my understanding) is a consequence of the research revamp, which is kind of ironic with the current state of research on progression (many feel it is not particularly useful) Forcing people to earn their own points may be something that makes sense for progression servers, or maybe it is better as-is...
  13. Catashe Augur

Wait.. Didn't even the PoP spells not show up til the 3rd expansion after PoP officially? So wouldn't OoW spells not show up til PoR?
  14. Vanrau Augur

Certain progression servers bundle their expansions and some do not, so setting a certain number of expansions ahead isn't going to work if it is done globally for all progression servers.
  15. Koggar.Bertoxxulous Elder

What about on Mangler? Has this issue been resolved at some point or will we end up having the same confusion? Over here trying to get temp wondering if it's even worth it at this point.
  16. Machen New Member

There was nothing to resolve, it's working as intended. LoY spells are sold in PoK starting in DoN, by design according to what Prathun above...