Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Qalliel Lorekeeper

After reading the patch notes and seeing what they are doing to a game that barely gets new players anymore; I am sad to say that I will not be renewing my membership after this month is up and I am glad to not have bought the next expansion.

I have played this game sense 2000 so for 17 years I have played EQ and enjoyed most of those years up till the past couple of expansions which have had no creative thought put into them. We get the same regurgitated spells with just a different name, mostly same AA's that just cost a ton to buy a point in. The feeling of adventure is completely gone as well as most of the well knit and fun community, Unless something changes in the future i have a feeling this game will have its sunset like so many other neglected titles that SOE/DBG have worked on.

I will keep my eyes on the forums to see if anything changes but i will not be paying to play this broken abused game or even playing it as a free silver account as well. To all my friends I have met and made throughout my years I am so happy to been on so many grand adventures with you all and wish you the best on any future you have ahead of you.
    Schadenfreude and wingz-83 like this.
  2. Ratbo Peep Augur

Well, let's remember that EQ / Daybreak is owned by Columbus Nova in NY, a straight up investment company. I speculate some sort of "end run" around this forum medium - direct to them may soon be in order. Someone with a LOT of sales , marketing, financial, and "spin" experience would be best for this. LAST thing anyone needs to do is just come off sounding like an "angry customer" or worse "a gamer" LOL.
    -Rat

If this goes through, it will "annoy" the uber guilds, and only further greatly discourage the lesser guilds. It is likely a fulmination of a series of mistakes that will further drive the lesser guilds out of this game. 90% of my guild (former Air Warrior alumni) has defected en-masse to Star Citizen. Survivors raid in CTA and/or with Freelance - for now. We also bought into the SC kick starter at the minimum level - to hedge our bets.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Enja New Member

I agree with Qalliel. This is too bad, it was a fun hobbit.
  4. Ruven_BB Augur

Just an fyi, perhaps just too much. Dial it back before, while you can.

Ruven
  5. Warpeace Augur

Combat Ability extenders in your local daybreak store 5000 Smedly bucks per extension minute. Replace the power you lost!!
  6. Moege Augur

Sent some details/screenshot in a message.
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

They live an echo-chamber. They only SEE the best raiders. The rest of us are SOL.
    -R
  8. Maxxbuff1 Elder

This is sad. So I can no longer cast enchanter IOG, chromatic haze, or spires on another group if I happen to be in a melee group.

Now, the added enchanter nerf to reduce the proc rate of color shock. Where enchanters just so OP with color shock and I not get the memo? Why not work on a real issue in the game?
  9. Wizlard Augur

Wow, they are removing an unintentional synergy. I cannot believe my eyes. Guys, they are trying to make the game easier to balance in the future. Diversify the classes you play if one nerf is going to make you rage-quit..

17 years, and we're to believe a patch that hardly effects the class in your av is making you quit?

[IMG]
  10. Ruven_BB Augur

Wizlard,

A lot of players I have played with since Mar 1999 are thinking of hanging it up including me. This isn't the sky is falling, its literally seeing the sky falling before our eyes.

Been nerfed several times, when looking at why, I can usually figure it out. They are just nerfing stuff for whatever new vision without any feedback as to why.

As a customer, I don't subscribe to that garbage.

Ruven
  11. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'm with ruven on this...they post this stuff and everyone asks why and they are 100% ignored...but someone asks something about anchors and BAM instant Dev reply...yes I understand housing issues have been going in forever, but guess what so has consistent sever lag, random crashing with no errors thrown nerfs every patch and constant AFK botters ( this one doesn't really bother me but...meh)....the point is they will take the time to respond to an item error, but asking WHY something happens we are given the cold shoulder...why even have a feedback page? Why have a bug report in game? Why have surveys in game sometimes? If our thoughts and opinions dont even matter...

I'll play this game to the end cause I've invested years and prolly a few thousand dollars into it so I'm not just gonna let my time, effort, and money go to waste...all the players want is MORE Dev input, when we have real questions and problems that need addressed we need this communication to put us at ease...in a business there is absolutely zero reason to ignore your PAYING customers concerns.
  12. Zalamyr Augur

The best part is the alarming number of dev posts we've seen over the years that are brimming with arrogance and disrespect. A couple devs in particular are responsible for most of them.
  13. Ranpha Augur

Such selective memories people have.

These were added later to avoid exploits (mainly with DA). It does not mean it was ever intended to extend disciplines which are not spells (or pure melee wouldn't have them).

I can understand why it gets nerfed. It's because every increase in SCR would make these discs more and more overpowered.
  14. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

15. Ghubuk Augur

And how much does extended ingenuity extend warrior disiciplines/aa's?
  16. DaciksBB Augur

It doesn't extend discs, it does double the duration of some aas though

Please note SCR also extends beneficial aas
  17. Zalamyr Augur

You mean the same way it does with AAs? Plenty of classes primary burns come from AAs.

If they had an issue with certain abilities, they should just address it as such. Randomly nerfing hybrids all clumped together as one seems entirely arbitrary.
  18. Fnyanea Augur

Straw that broke the camel's back. Its hardly one patch.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Nothing extends our disciplines other than our BP (fortitude), and aa's specific to that discipline.
  20. Xnao Augur

Didn't they revamp your dots to do more damage?

I feel safe in assuming it does not even out. I also feel safe in assuming the two are related.