Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Eyashusa Lorekeeper

Been playing since Mar of 99 and this will be my first post.

If you want to end it, just shut down the servers. I will miss the time I have spent here and the long term relationships that have formed, but I would still like to be able to think back fondly on all the great times.

Instead what you are doing is turning something I have been so passionate about over the years, full well knowing that the enormous amount of time spent here should have went towards other things, into a PoS.

Some will say the game is about killing the next mob and if you believe that you are as foolish as your actions would lead one to believe.

After 18 years, this game is about the community and the relationships!

We joked earlier this year during Anniversary, that if EQ was someone’s child they would be graduating from High School this year. During my time here, I have seen friends get married, have children, get divorced and some have even moved on from this world. The sad but true fact is that once the people that are important to us start leaving the game, you will see an Exodus like none your Investment Bankers could have ever predicted.

Stay on your current path and we will all be looking for another place to spend our time and money, while you all look for other jobs.

Eya
  2. Tucoh Augur

Devs, you know you stepped in it when Eyashusa, one of your most loyal players in the history of EQ, comes in with a message like this.
    Bolo, Jhenna_BB, Hiladdar and 2 others like this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I'd like to claim I don't understand how DBG has the resources to fix things that aren't broken but then can't actually fix things that are broken like the on-going lag stutters. I wonder who they think they're fooling?
    Lorai, Jhenna_BB, Hiladdar and 2 others like this.
  4. segap Augur

Also works on proc'd buffs as well. Or at least did a couple years ago when I last paid attention.
  5. Ratbo Peep Augur

Awesome post. No need to add to it.
    -R
  6. Ratbo Peep Augur

Because they've been tuned around this for YEARS now?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Apparently SCR has been broken since inception. It just took 15 years to realize it?
  8. Espionovsky New Member

I appreciate the devs interacting with the player base regarding the bugs some are experiencing and getting them addressed and fixed.
    But I would also like for a Dev to explain the point of the patch that brings such a dramatic change to Hybrid classes, was our DPS too high or?
    I am just getting annoyed with having to redesign how I play my character every time a patch like this comes out, it takes away from my time to finish my progression and achievements that I want to work on, instead of spending hours on a combat dummy and figure out how I should be playing my character now. Pure Melee get to use their discs on 10min use timers, I am fine with you implementing ours not to work on that long on duration, but reduce the reuse timer to 10min and I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.
  9. Blackburrow23 Elder

Sorry, but do you think the Devs did not know that this ability increased disc timers? They obviously knew that the timer was effected and decreased or increased discs as they needed. I have a tank disc that runs 1:30secs and my rogue has a disc that runs 3 mins. They balanced the game expecting my disc at 105 with the proper AAs to last 2 mins.
  10. Natal Augur

Apparently you are mistaken, and they did not realize it. That is why they fixed it. Just because something is in game does not mean that it was intended. If it really was intended that spell casting mastery was supposed to affect discs, they would have given those AAs to pure melee as well, and they did not.
  11. Natal Augur

Um....no....nothing has been tuned around it. Just because it has been like that for a long time does not mean that anything was tuned around it.

If it really was tuned around it then disc effects would have been reduced in subsequent versions to take spell casting AAs into account, and that has NOT happened.

Which means that contrary to your claims, nothing has been tuned around this bug.

It is possible that the devs were aware of the bug but chose to leave it alone for the time being, until now. The problem with bugs like this is that they create serious issues going forward when it comes to overall balance, because as other abilities are created the power granted by the bug takes off exponentially, and that has an impact on all other classes who are held back as a result.

Regular spell casters are also impacted by this, since these AAs have to be held in check otherwise hybrid abilities become game breaking. So spell casters are paying a penalty so that you can have extra power.
  12. ShadowMan Augur

Except they did know. It's just a different person is in charge of AA now and his stance on the matter is the direct opposite of what went on for over a decade. The person who was in charge of AA fully knew what it was doing and while they devs didn't tune specifically around various disc durations for various classes they do tune based on a guild or groups ability as a whole. So with made up numbers if guild X was doing 2 million dps as a guild while they were tuning raids or a group was doing 300k when they were tuning group stuff thats where they tuned at. If after these nerfs those same guilds are only doing 1.3 million dps and that same group is doing 210k that impacts everything. I can assure you they won't be retuning EoK back based on these changes and more than likely any fix comes from purchasing RoS which doesn't help those in EoK or prior situations.

This barely effects me but can honestly say Im all but done with the broad sweeping nerfs of things in game for longer than the team has been working on the game. I pay to play to advance my character. Taking 50% away of this, that and the other thing every other months patch only for me to then pay more $ to get 10-25% of it back from an expansion is not a game I will continue any longer. From the sounds of it I am not the only one.
  13. Suffer Lorekeeper

Natal. I am assuming you are pure melee. The above statement makes me literally lol. As a Beastlord if my group Beastial Alignment, Rubarri's Fury, and Third Spire are essentially cut in half time wise. Which is what is being proposed here. Every group member in the raid group i am in gets nerfed. Who wants this? Or who tries to justify this?

How on earth is Beasts and Rangers having a 60 sec big burn a large oversight that needed to be corrected?? Personally i could care less in a group setting if my burns lasted the standard 36 sec.
    Xeladom and Hiladdar like this.
  14. Spamilton Journeyman

It would be easier for everyone if they would just pull the plug rather than make EQ suffer this slow, painful death via nerfs.
  15. Angahran Augur

Maybe because SCR was meant to extend discs as stated in the description for the AA (except for those specifically stated. also in the description) ?
    Also, hybrids do not get the 'ingenuity' AA to extend clicky effects (but we didn't kick up a fuss when you did.)
  16. Spellfire Augur

Apparently nerfing hybrids was more important then finally looking at necro dots or perhaps bringing priest dps back to some reasonable level.

Edit: forgot to mention Reluctance Benevolence nerf!
    Hiladdar likes this.
  17. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Are you guys purposely trying to drive people away?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'm not supporting this nerf at all by any means, but can anyone clarify which AA won't be usable, cause I know most will still be MGBable just wanna know of the ones that can't be or are more effective on cast on a group.
    Hiladdar and Miss_Jackie like this.
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

No shilly boy, The overall DPS output of any one Hybrid DPS class was tuned with it in place. also the *content* was tuned for X amount of DPS from an average X amount of players. This tuning been for as long as this supposed "bug" has been in play.
    There's no easy defending this.
    -R
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

A bug does NOT have code specifically in place to exclude certain abilities and a note in the description to warn of these exclusions.

3: Limit Min Duration: 6s
    4: Limit Effect: Exclude Invulnerability
    5: Limit Spells: Exclude Holy Guardian Discipline
    6: Limit Spells: Exclude Unholy Guardian Discipline
    Spells that grant invulnerability as well as the skills 'Holy Guardian Discipline' and 'Unholy Guardian Discipline' are exempt from this extension.
    Xeladom, Hiladdar, Allayna and 3 others like this.