Paladin 1h augs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by fransisco, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Test that theory.

Because it does not act that way.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Tested Knight's Synergy aggro. Results negative as Chaosflux said:

1. No aggro to paladin
    2. Doesn't put paladin into combat
    3. Doesn't remove Sanctuary buff
    4. Does take paladin out of rest into recovering from combat (unlike a self buff e.g. yaulp)
    5. Not MGB-able btw
  3. Inca Lorekeeper

Most Sk/Paladin 1 handers have a rune proc on them. 2 rune buffs wont stack...meaning putting another rune aug on your 1h would be wasteful.

I use a Blood draining spike, a dmg + lifetap aug, that I got in Combine Dredge, but there are some other useful augs for your 1h. In Cotf merchants, for about 980 marks, you can get an aug for 1h that heals your target's target..aka you or whoever is tanking the mob...dulled gem of somethingorother...
  4. Chaosflux Augur

2 rune buffs will stack if they do not share the same slot

Blessed rune is slot 1, knights synergy is slot 11.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  5. Inca Lorekeeper

We aren't talking about Knight's Synergy, we are talking about augments for 1 handers..and no augment exists for Knight's Synergy. None of the rune augments spells stack with weapons that have rune default procs.

If you can't follow the conversation you should go get us drinks or something....
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Actually 2 posts prior to the one you quoted we were discussing Knights synergy.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

True they dont stack, but one will overwrite the other if you get two quick procs, that will add some hate. I run the energizer attachment from tds.
  8. Truewind New Member

what about Mkrarr's striking stone. lower lvl Anger IV aug. with the Chase 1hder?
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Chase 1 hander and raid have the same proc, so I’ll say this about that sword, AC is king, with enough dex that crap procs enough and ae agro is good enough with that crap! Snag an AC to help ya out.
  10. Truewind New Member

Will do, again thank you sir for your time
  11. Wulfhere Augur

Or get a Blood Draining Spike lifetap aug and get the most from your AA lines that boost the nuke and the heal portions.

For weapons with a rune proc I use the lifetap because I like my expensive AA to do something. For weapons without a rune, like Wurmslayer, I use the Energizing Attachment to always have a source of rune ae aggro.

I think it's a waste to put an AC/HP aug in your only weapon. I did for many years but well It's < 1% of your total stats now-a-days and I don't think it makes a difference that you can parse anymore. So I switched back to eye candy and getting some more passive dps and healing while attacking.