Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Hiladdar Augur

It is not broke, and it has not been considered broke for 10+ years, with 10+ expansions released taking into account how something was done, there is no reason to muck around with it. Mucking around with something that is not broke just alienates your player base.

Why aggravate the player base with stuff like rearranging AAs, the net result of which hot buttons stop working while players have to track down new alt activate numbers, or TBG / spell casting reinforcement on this patch, or unannounced changes to mobs abilities on previous patches, or massive reduction to AA in older zones. To my knowledge, neither TBG nor spell casting reinforcement was used in any way to exploit something in the game.

There are plenty of stuff that is broken that does warrant attention, like intermittent lag on the server, advanced loot window does not display everyone in the group / raid, so loot can't be assigned to the person that is not listed. Or how about addressing the issue with anchors in guild halls?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  2. Siny Augur

Really ?!!!!

We have been waiting an exceedingly long time for housing to be fixed, and the most have got in terms of an update are questions about whether anchors are fix. No comments at all about housing.!

Most of AB has stopped petitioning about this, because it became pointless to do so until u had fixed it.

I absolutely hate doing my rounds of housing now to pay the rent, for fear of finding the contents of another house missing.

I have one petition still open basically cause a GM stuffed up the return of some of my raid items and attibuted them to an alt, But I have stated quite clearly like lots of others, that Im holding off petitioning for the other houses (3 houses last time I dared to look).

I thought it quite refreshing when I actually had an update:

Oct 18, 12:22 PM PDT
    Greeting Traveler,
    I just wanted to update you briefly on the status of your ticket. We are still investigating the cause behind the vanishing real estates and due to the nature of this issue, the volume of properties we need to restore is high. Rest assured, we are doing our best to rectify this problem and we will update you as soon as we have more details regarding your property.

Sincerely,
    GM Dalgras

So are you saying that everything has been fixed since this email and u havent bothered to tell us ?
    Hiladdar and eliandra like this.
  3. YellowBelly Augur

They never reconsider nerfs.
    Hiladdar and Sindaiann like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Each new nerf feels more like pandering to the lowest common denominator (WoW-esque player base) or rather the dumbing down of the game than a nerf for the sake of balancing the classes.

The elite will survive with the changes thrown at us. What will continue to die are the mid-tier guilds and player base. Consider there are about 22 guilds that have completed EoK before RoS release. It's starting to feel like GoD and OoW.

Below are a few of the tank nerfs over the past 45 days. Included are the mana recuperation nerfs for raiders. Now, add in as many have said, the other survival tools that guilds rely on to perform at the top level, Black Wolf rotations, Spires, IoG, Group Armor, etc that either boost dps, preserve mana, increase healing efficiency or tanking efficiency.

Please refrain from making erroneous changes without taking into consideration the effect it will have on the entire EQ population or communicate the intention to the community...otherwise Everquest is doomed to become EQ Next.

5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I expect most of AB are still awaiting some sort of official confirmation before we invest more time/energy in housing...

Communication is important, don't expect us to blindly gamble our trophies/furniture, just because we haven't heard of "accidents" in the last few days.
    It is DBG's responsibility to inform us about fixes.

Thats what patch notes are for...:rolleyes:

We still get occasional lag-spikes too...(much improved from the old chat-lag, but still not perfect)
    Hiladdar and eliandra like this.
  6. Allayna Augur

While we're on the subject of nerfing and raid tuning....

If raids are going to have unavoidable 200K DDs with 70K DoT ticks that hit at the same time....don't you think it's time you add some heroic wisdom/intelligence to tank gear so that they benefit from spell shielding and dot shielding too....?
    Xeladom and Hiladdar like this.
  7. Runzen Elder

Seems as though ^ is exactly what's taking place, making cookie cutter classes that are linear and easily played because heaven forbid we make people think in this day and age. The "everyone gets a trophy mentality" is really getting old. This game used to be about pushing the limits of your chosen class and collaboration between other players. The path that's being followed is only going to separate the end game raiders from the casual players even more, limiting the overall populous even further.

When was the last time any of you actually ground out levels, aa'd and completed quests without the use of your kill everything button?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  8. Zaph Augur

I had a email last night about the Guildhall and its pending restoration, hopefully, the problems have been addressed now...
  9. Ghubuk Augur

I hate this change myself, but how in the heck are you getting the idea this is catering to casuals? If anything, it hurts lower tier guilds far more than higher tier guilds.
    Lorai and Yinla like this.
  10. Millianna Augur

I think people are looking at this the wrong way. It’s much simpler to balance at the archetype level, than to do balance at the class level. All the fine tuning should be done there. I think they are doing what ever is necessary make this small expansion last. However, I don’t agree wit it.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

With that attitude I am not sure we want you on Test. If you think so poorly of the community there then you are certainly not going to fit in with an immediate negative outlook. On Test reputation still matters and aside from being able to box by yourself you won't get groups or any of the gear constantly being given away if you come in with such a poor outlook.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

IF these changes go ahead all prior events that these changes effect need to be retuned.

I hate to think of the problems we are going to have meeting EOK raids DPS and tank checks once these go live. But these changes don't just effect EOK, they effect every prior expansion that these AAs were available. Thats a lot of retuning that should be done.
    Leex and Hiladdar like this.
  13. bazinga Elder

Great job devs. keep up the great work......said nobody about these changes. (except me, i love nerfs, they give me some great popcorn time)
  14. mmats Augur

Disappointed that necro dots didnt get nerfed.
  15. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Ugh, why? Was EoK too easy? Did too many guilds beat it?
    And to think we have to still beat EoK to even see the new raids coming this year.
    I hope at least half the guild doesn't quit playing.
  16. Duhbeast Augur

But muh protective spirit discipline!
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Maedhros likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

As a warrior who isn't really hurt by the change, the discipline nerf seems totally undeserved. Pal/SK tanking/DPS seemed totally fine, RNG dps was in-line with where it should be and BST dps was a bit low.

The TGB nerf is a different type of unnecessary and bad.
    Deloehne and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Wow, big move here. How many of the devs working on EQ now, were even around when TGB was put in place I wonder? You guys( the dev team ) are changing how effective a raid force can be, you aren't creating more difficult content. You're limiting us, rather then challenging us. You can say either way gets you to the same place, but one way is a slap in the face to your customers, the other shows integrity.

I understand a lot of the power and balance changes had to take place, this is just not one of them I can agree with.

By doing this the dev team has to understand and take responsibility, for the massive amount of mid tier guilds that are just going to fizzle out. It's inevitable with this change.
  19. segap Augur

Have the struggling guilds been taking advantage of how TGB has always worked? Or is that one reason (of many) why they've been struggling?

I enjoy the nuances of the game. The little things you can do to make yourself better. Taking these things away makes the game more boring. While it might be easier to tune the game around a level playing field, if it becomes single track, everyone performing exactly the same, there's no customer base left to tune things for.
  20. phattoni Augur

this nerf is pretty huge to ranger dps.