Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2017.

1. EQ Dev Developer

November 15, 2017

*** Highlights ***

*** Uncategorized ***

*** Items ***

- Added the intended functionality to several Ring of Scale pack-in items that were able to be claimed early:
    - - Goblet of Adventure II and Shared Goblet of Adventure II will add experience and last their intended 8 hours.
    - - The Devourer Familiar can now be summoned.
    - - The Guise of the Iron-Toothed Earthdigger can be used.
    - - The Herald Telcha familiar can now be summoned.
    - - The Contract of the Skorpikis can now be used if Seeds of Destruction is open on your server.
    - - The Fierce Cockatrice Mount, Bridle of the Balefire Wyvern, Gorowyn teleport items, and Ring of Scale Painting will remain disabled until Ring of Scale launches.

*** Tradeskills ***

*** Quests And Events ***

*** Spells ***

*** AA ***

- The majority of activated AA abilities that buff your group can no longer be cast on your target's group using /TGB, with the following exceptions: Group Perfected Levitation, Flight of Eagles, Perfected Dead Men Floating, Communion of the Cheetah, and Talisman of Celerity I. This change does not impact which abilities can be modified by Mass Group Buff.
    - Bard - Increased the base attack and accuracy bonuses of all ranks of Quick Time and adjusted the spells so that they are no longer modified by instrument multipliers.
    - Bard - Increased the base damage, armor class reduction, and slow components of all ranks of Bladewhirl but reduced the resistance debuff components the spells so that they are no longer modified by instrument multipliers.
    - Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight - Spell Casting Reinforcement no longer extends the duration of disciplines.
    - Bard - Increased the damage granted by Troubadour's Synergy.
    - Bard - Consolidated Troubadour's Slashing, Piercing, and Crushing Mastery into a single ability line Troubadour's Weapon Mastery. The ability lines were refunded with this change.
    - Bard - Modified Focus: Fjilnauk's Insult to also increase the effectiveness of Kaficus' Insult and refunded Focus: Kaficus' Insult.
    - Bard - Modified Focus: Tsaph's Insult to also increase the effectiveness of Garath's Insult and refunded Focus: Garath's Insult.
    - Beastlord - Adjusted the stacking on Protection of the Warder to better coexist with other melee guard buffs.
    - Beastlord - Consolidated Focus of Animus and Focus of the Frozen North into a single ability line Primalist's Focus. The ability lines were refunded with this change.
    - Beastlord - Modified Focus: Kromtus Lance to also increase the effectiveness of Kromrif Lance and refunded Focus: Kromrif Lance.
    - Berserker - Adjusted the stacking on Bloodshield and Uncanny Resilience to better coexist with other melee guard buffs.
    - Druid - Fixed a bug that prevented ranks 2-4 of Focus: Chill of the Copsetender from functioning.
    - Enchanter - Reduced the proc rate of all ranks of Color Shock.
    - Magician - Corrected an issue that caused the taunt ability of Companion of Necessity to only hit a single target rather than all targets around it.
    - Monk - Modified the additional buff granted by ranks 25-27 of Zan Fi's Whistle to trigger extra damage strikes from Eagle Strike and Dragon Punch (or Tail Rake) in addition to Tiger Claw.
    - Monk - Increased the chance for Thunderfoot to trigger on flying kick attacks for ranks 5-8.
    - Monk - Fixed a bug that prevented Focus: Dragon's Balance from functioning.
    - Ranger - Consolidated Scout's Mastery of Slashing, Piercing, and Crushing into a single ability line Scout's Weapon Mastery. The ability lines were refunded with this change.
    - Rogue - Consolidated Assassin's Mastery of Slashing, Piercing, and Crushing into a single ability line Assassin's Weapon Mastery. The ability lines were refunded with this change.
    - Rogue - Increased the effectiveness of Bladeshield by 3% per rank.
    - Shadowknight - Increased the per hit damage absorption of Cascading Theft of Defense so that the sum now equals the total damage absorption of the buff.
    - Shaman - Corrected an issue that caused the taunt ability of Spirit of Urgency to only hit a single target rather than all targets around it.
    - Shaman - Adjusted the stacking on Rabid Bear's Protection to better coexist with other melee guard buffs.
    - Warrior - Adjusted the stacking on Imperator's Command to better coexist with other HP and AC buffs.
    - Warrior - Moved the mana and endurance regeneration components of Imperator's Command to Imperator's Charge.
    - Warrior - Adjusted the focus effectiveness of Imperator's Precision and removed the restriction that prevented its use on raid targets.

*** NPCs ***

*** Mercenaries ***

- Fixed an issue that prevented mercenaries from triple attacking as intended.

*** Collections ***

*** Progression Servers ***

- Pushed the votes for Gates of Discord on Lockjaw and Ragefire two weeks out. Ragefire voting will begin December 25th, and Lockjaw will begin December 27th.
    - An Epic Request (Rogue) - Fixed an issue that made the Toy Chest puzzle nearly impossible at lower levels.
    - Fire pets between levels 51 and 60 will cast lower-damage spells until Planes of Power opens on that server so they better match the reduced damage that other pets do in those eras.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- You will now be able to see the name of spells being cast by other players and NPCs regardless of your level difference.
    - Fixed a potential client crash when trying to change loot decisions as the same time as when the item is about to disappear from the Advanced Loot Window.

*** UI ***

- Fixed a typo in the comment for the filigree borders.
    - The Merchant Window columns have changed so now instead of four different coin columns, there is a single currency column.
    - - The price has been moved into a single cost column.
    - - There is now a note for the current amount of currency that you have in your inventory.
    - Loyalty Merchants now use the updated Merchant window.
    - You can now search the Merchant Window purchase page.
    - - The window has a search bar that responds to enter or the search button.
    - - Clearing the search bar and searching again will return the page to normal.
    - Adventure point merchants now use the unified merchant window.
    - PvP point merchants now use the unified merchant window.
    - Dragons of Norrath point merchants now use the unified merchant window.
    - Alternate currency merchants now use the unified merchant window.
    - Fixed an issue with selling the contents of a bag not displaying properly.
    - Updated the Merchant Window tips to reflect the new changes.
    - Fixed the text box overlays on the purchase window.
    - Added target type and resist type to the spell description window.
    - Corrected an issue where raid member names were duplicated in the Give to: and Set all to: lists in the advanced loot window.

- Changed -
    EQUI.xml
    EQUI_Animations.xml
    EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml
    EQUI_MerchantWnd.xml
    EQUI_NewPointMerchantWnd.xml
    EQUI_PointMerchantWnd.xml
    EQUI_PurchaseWnd.xml

- The EverQuest Team
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

- Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight - Spell Casting Reinforcement no longer extends the duration of disciplines.

Thank you for the huge nerf, that is all.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  3. Lifeshriek Augur

looks like paragon of spirits needs to be either cast with tranquil blessing or mass group buff if i want to hit anyone outside of my group if i am reading this right? :(
  4. Brohg Augur

My understanding of this is that 0 power level is changing, but quality of life is being directly assaulted, with a narrow focus on players that care about playing well, and even more specifically on raid leaders who care about raiding well.

This is a , small-minded way to attempt nerfing players, imo. Arbitrarily making abilities annoying to access just sets up bad feelings.
  5. Brohg Augur

Group Spirit of the Black Wolf, Cle 3rd Spire, Group Pact of the Wolf
  6. Piemastaj Augur

Literally hurt guilds that pushed their ADPS.

Not to mention all of the players whining about DPS checks with EoK 1 just took a pretty big sustain nerf from their casters. Not being able to stack IoG or Wolf on your 'best' caster group will hurt guilds. Or will just make things harder on a raid leader trying to cycle people in and out per event.

Really dumb change.
  7. Seldom Augur

Brohg and Piemastaj hit the nail on the head. I want to elaborate further on some of this stuff but color me shocked at the moment. Black wolf, Paragon, Paladin 1st spire/Group Armor of Inquisitor and much more no longer can be /TGB'd......On top of the spell reinforcement nerfs........
  8. Aelen Augur

TGB nerf.

Extension nerfs for hybrids.

Fade nerfs.

Fling nerfs.

Why is it most of the systematic nerfs never really seem to make things better, the stated intent isn't typically realized, but still the whole thing ends up making the game world feel a little smaller, with less of interest, and makes players less able to do things?

I don't really care that most things can be played around. "Technically the game isn't broken" isn't a good enough standard to set.
    Ratbo Peep and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Mediik Augur

Seriously... what issue is this trying to address.. I'd like to know.

Veloce, Ratbo Peep, Hiladdar and 2 others like this.
  10. Zalamyr Augur

I'd ask why the change to spell casting reinforcement, but I'm pretty sure the answer will be, "It was never intended to work that way. The fact that it did for like a decade doesn't matter. We've totally been balancing around it not working that way. We somehow didn't even realize it did until yesterday."

I've never seen an MMO where nerfs are thrown out so completely arbitrarily.
  11. Dragari Journeyman

Well the spell casting reinforcement nerf is huge, I imagine having finally made some progress our raids will be screwed again by the drop off in DPS. Again its the tactic of steal DPS to offer a small bit of it back in the next expansion, but I imagine I will do less DPS at 110 with max AA than I do now at 105 with max AA, so lets just not bother :)
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Absolutely this. Ranger sustained DPS just got utterly destroyed to the point that we will be lucky to make it all back with 5 levels and all the new RoS gear, AAs and spells.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  13. Moege Augur

Have not logged into test to check was it patched or not ?

Subject: Test Update 11/7/2017
    Message test: November 15, 2017
  14. High Voltage Augur

C'm on, really? This is by far not enough effort from your side. We need more than silly little things nerfed if we want to reach our goal in time. I can only hope you will invest the time needed for the next patch to bring more to the cause.

edit - might as well add tis to the patch notes and be done with it:
    - Enchanter - Reduced the proc rate of all 'on Rune Fade' effects.
    - multiple classes - Reduced the knockback effects of various spells.

Because looking into the issues for six month didn't have any effect.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No focused paragon out of group?

Prepared to get moved around in the raid a lot beastlords!
    eliandra likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Still no housing fix?

We need our guild trophies back in the guild hall, if ROS raids are going to significantly harder than EOK and not vanishing every other day!
    Hiladdar and eliandra like this.
  17. Fnyanea Augur

This is getting really old. Every month, you nerf us, then we finally get our farm events back on farm... then you nerf us again. Every single month you have another nerf, but no raid events have been retuned since the expansion came out. You are regularly nerfing things that have been in the game for over 10 years, giving no reasons, while not fixing bugs people do care about.
    Lorai, Hiladdar, Xeladom and 2 others like this.
  18. josh Augur

I'm thoroughly sick of nerfs, how about you stop it, ya know, one month of not pissing everybody off would probably be a good idea. I'm honestly at a point where if someone were to organize some sort of walkout to get the devs to stop acting so unilaterally on choices like this for the game i would be on board.
    Ishtass, Gyurika Godofwar and Xeladom like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No fix to the advance loot system?
    Hiladdar and eliandra like this.
  20. Moege Augur

Hoping that advanced loot group bug is also fixed. Person leaves group, name still show up in advloot.
    Hiladdar likes this.