An Angry Goblin - Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azurefrost, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Astley Augur

1) 8 Guilds, discuss it with each other - Set a date or two... Say, Saturday the 11th. On this date, all these guilds show up together for like a couple of hours, spawning picks en masse over and over. Pick spawns, next person on the list gets their piece. Everyone leaves the picks, hops over a zone and lets the picks close out again, then moves back in to respawn them, get a new goblin, and move on. You coordinate the effort to be like, a joint raid, where everyone works together to get multiple people their item. Could be any number of people who need the item, it basically becomes a pick-up raid of sorts between casual guilds working together. The more people you need if your guild to get the item, you just stretch it out, don't give all of the spawns to Guild A in a row, so they don't all leave when done, keep rotating, A-guild gets 1, then B-guild, then C-guild, etc.

2) It was in response to your original post about the social aspects of guilds. But then you started to qualify certain guilds might not be able to bring people because they were doing other things on non-raid times. So I said those really aren't much of a guild then, if they aren't working together to help each other out. I'm talking about the guilds setting a night internally to help out that isn't their raid time. If people log in and don't want to help the guild and just do their own thing, why are those people in the guild? If those people don't help others in the guild, they don't need to get help from the guild to get the item.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

The fact that rotations like that used to exist is exactly why agnarr is so popular.
  3. Xeris Augur

Popped a FM pick and finished my ring today. Took 10 minutes of our raid time. For the record, I don't know if Agnarr was marketed for lr.to casual players... all I read about it was that it was a server that stops at PoP. Not sure how that is meant to imply it is for a casual audience.
  4. MaxTheLion Augur

People will see what they want. The server has a locked expansion and it'll eventually allow all players to be at the same step. Doesn't mean a wide spectrum of players does not exist. But because the people want to label the server as meant for casuals, they use it as an excuse to also try to make the current stuff more attainable to the "casual player". I.E. easier to do.
  5. Trident Elder

Spawning picks will not work that way. The picks take a substantial time (hours) to collapse. If this were the case guilds would have been abusing this from the jump. If I had a dollar for people from other progression servers saying "just do this" when they don't understand agnarr pick mechanics I'd have enough to buy this .
  6. Astley Augur

They don't take hours to collapse. Your pick mechanics are the same as those on Phinigel.

There is an automatic timer if there aren't enough people averaged out to support the pick average, the additional picks will lock, and close off. Their may be other reasons they don't close off, like people zoning in and out of the base pick keeping it hovering above that magic number that extends the timer on locking/closing/deleting... But it can indeed be gamed if you work together properly.

So, you have everyone in this mini-raid zone out, they can't stay in the base, you just keep someone at the main camp to tap /pick every couple minutes to find out when the pick has deleted itself. Then the raid jumps back in, and shortly you get a new pick to spawn.
  7. Machentoo Augur

He is right. When a pick locks, it often takes quite a while before it actually closes. It doesn't just poof instantly after 15 minutes. They don't show on /pick but they are still there. Often when a pick has been locked for a while and not showing up on the list, if enough people zone in, it will reopen the locked pick again rather than spinning up a new instance. Dunno about hours, but it would definitely take more than 30-45 minutes to spawn each brand new pick, which makes the idea impractical. Especially when you have no way of telling when the old one is actually gone.
  8. Darchias Augur

You actually do. If there is an 'invisible' pick that will reopen if they hit threshold, the /pick window will pop up with no instances available. Once the /pick command gives the message, 'This is the only instance of this zone,', then it's closed and a new pick can be opened. This usually takes 15 minutes after it checks populations and starts to close the pick, but it can take a while for it to work, particularly if enough people try and show up to KS Skargus once it gets out there's a raid spawning picks.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Talking to a few folks I see waiting here, it seems there are players using a cheat to instantly complete the quest stage at Shady. If this thread gets any dev attention, could someone take a few minutes and review the mob spawn / despawn times?

Human response to visual cues is around 0.25sec. Since two items need to be handed in, and there is signal latency from the server to the player, anything less than half a second should be evidence of terms violation.
  10. Xeris Augur

I'm not saying I'm the best and that I know all the tricks, because I learned a cool one after I got my shady turnin... but anyways I used to play games competitively and I'd like to think I'm pretty fast, and I can say that it's very possible to do the turnin in less than half a second.

I did a turnin with Marl Kastane at less than half a second.

Step 1 = get both items on your cursor. There's a trick where you can get 2 items on your cursor, apparently there are a few ways to do that, so even though you need to turn in 2 items, if you have them both on cursor it's as if you're only doing 1 item.

Step 2 = Then, you need to align your cursor on where the "Give" button will appear... you can practice that with your pet. Basically you place your cursor where the mob spawns so all you do is click. Then align your trade window so your cursor is on the give button.

Step 3 = learn the timing window and just click like an insane person during the window. This is the difficult part because the goblin, and Marl Kastane have pretty high variance. However, theoretically, if you're clicking at the exact time the goblin spawns, you can get the turnin in as fast as it takes you to physically click 2 times. 1 click opens window, 1 click gives. 2 mouseclicks can happen milliseconds apart. If you have a good computer, it can easily be done. Having completed this quest and my SK epic AND the will of innoruuk (2 more Marl turnins), my view on this is that people who think others are cheating either don't have good strategy, aren't fast enough, or both. It sucks, but it requires vigilance - aka for Marl I had to literally stare at my screen during his 4 hour window ready to click. The closer it got to the end of the window, I'd just sit there clicking nonstop. One turnin it worked perfectly and I got it in less tha half a second.

Alternatively, you CAN use an autoclicker program to do these. I have no idea how this works, but I know someone who used this for vp ground spawn and he got like 20 of them this way. My point is - it IS possible to do it in less than half a sec if you try hard enough.
  11. Machentoo Augur

It is not clear (and probably never will be) whether that is legal on Truebox servers or not.
  12. Astley Augur

We very definitely just confirmed the new pick re-spawning for Warrior 2.0 works in East Wastes the other night. So it should be possible with other zones as well.

Almost no one in EW, we zoned a raid force in, popped a pick. Go the Warrior spawn to pop, then zoned everyone into Kael except a couple people in EW Base and Spawned Pick to watch for the despawn. Spawned pick gets message that zone is closing in 15min. Pick is locked, people are punted out to base pick. We zoned the raid back over after we had cleared Kael during downtime while waiting, and spawned a brand new pick. Got another Warrior 2.0 mob to spawn during the window.

It's quite possible if you're organized and zone hopping in/out.
    If the zone pop jumps high enough back up to reset the despawn though, that could screw it up, which is why you need to zone people out so it's back below the min level.
  13. Cainen Augur

From the Agnar FAQ:

Q: What Things Are Not Allowed on This Server?

A True Box Progression Server is a place where players are only allowed to play one EverQuest account at a time on their computer.

Doing any of the following on Agnarr may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Playing multiple characters at the same time from a single computer.
    • Using 3rd party software.
    • Any method to send one key press to multiple characters.
    Doing any of the following on ANY server may result in action being taken against your Daybreak Account:
    • Unattended Gameplay: Any method that lets a character take actions while you’re not at your keyboard.
    • Playing on virtual machines.
    • Any attempt to circumvent the /pickzone timer.
    Both/Either of the bolded statements COULD be used against people with autoclickers. Better safe then sorry and not use them.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Not going to argue this one more time, but there are a whole host of things that are exceptions to the rules here, even on truebox. Since Daybreak isn't more specific, we are often left guessing. Personally, I haven't heard even a rumor of anyone who's had action taken against them for using an autofire while at the keyboard, since truebox launched. And I used to see people all the time using something like that on Phinny for backstab/flying kick/etc before they automated those (was pretty obvious when peoples' group chat was interrupted by ='s every 3rd character.) Still, I wouldn't be surprised if action were taken under really blatant circumstances.

Quite a few stories of people getting into trouble using it afk to level skills etc though.
  15. Xeris Augur

When they say 3rd party software, they're likely refering to software which manipulates the game code or files in some way. An autoclicker doesn't actually modify the game, it just clicks your mouse on a location. This doesn't seem like it would violate TOS. Secondly, you could very well use an autoclicker and be AT your keyboard, so there would be no problem og unattended gameplay.
  16. Repo New Member

Krezzy likes this.
  17. Krezzy Augur

Best of luck, Repo. Polite, reasoned, and persistent.
  18. tuttles Augur

after luclin releases it becomes much less contested. the influx of items in those slots that have more worn attack, >100hp, and regen makes the quest much less of a priority.
  19. Krezzy Augur

To paraphrase, "Just wait until you don't have a use for it, then it'll be possible to get."
  20. tuttles Augur

pretty much, by the time they fix it... it wont matter