RoS T1 raids [Seal of Charassis]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blitter, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Spellfire Augur

I don't look forward to visiting EoK raids again every time we get a new app or someone returns from retirement.

Requiring EoK armor to be able to use RoS visibles is a bad idea.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Umm no that's called raid progression. These casual / family guilds are getting 5 levels and AA to assist in getting the rest of the way through EoK and into RoS. If they can't then removing any challenge is not the answer.

Barriers that are self imposed by these very same guilds. Here let me not take responsibility as a raider and blame everything and everyone else. Sorry I can't be bothered to reliably show up for raids to get flagged and I really can't be bothered to do my progression so I don't have the Essence of the Dragon I blocker making me a burden on raids. But its not my fault and the requirements need reduced to accommodate me and my guild mates.
    Belexes and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Blitter Elder

I wonder what guilds like Silent Minority and Final Empire feel to know that even if they were to beat all T3 EoK raids right now going forward , that they still wont have the flags required to be able to start RoS progression.

The race is over for them, even b4 the expansion is launched.

I suppose on Bertox the race is still open, because there wont be any guilds able to do RoS raids there :)
  4. Warpeace Augur

You don't they are a luxury, period. Perk for beating raid content, sorry you feel slighted and apparently will not get yours in a timely fashion vs someone else.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

I'm not really sure what you are going on about really. Essence of the Dragon 1 is your group progression blocker (blocks gust etc). Essence of the Dragon 2 removes the crit heal/dps/etc cap that is implemented without it (there are things that hit for their damage that this cap does not apply to *hint*).

You are acting as if T3 is unbeatable without 54 having Essence 2. This is simply untrue. It sucks but it is able to be beat without 54 having it. You just have to be smart about who gets the blockers first (main dps/healers first)

Heck when we beat T2 it was Dec 11th - we then had to clear T2 two more times (4.5 days) to get enough flagged to complete T3 Karzok raid. Our first 2 kills of Karzok resulted in ZERO Essence 2 blockers because they were broke and didn't work. After that we had a few situations where people mucked up the blocker and never got 6/6 Essence 2 each clear.

I can 100% assure you when we beat T3 on January 12th - we did NOT have 54 with Essence 2 blocker.

Its also not 9 weeks to get 54 people with their blocker either, assuming 6/6 each clear.

1 clear = 6
    9 clears = 54

9x4.5(lockout) = 40.5days or 41days

And about you not getting rk3 from RoS raids because you haven't completed EoK yet......I'm not really even sure what to say to that....
  6. Ghubuk Augur

The point is that even guilds that cannot finish the complete previous expansion should not be locked out of even the first tier of the next expansion. In my opinion it will turn out to be an extremely bad business decision.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Way to twist words. If you want them, get the raids defeated. Drop the entitlement BS.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

I disagree. After those people get 110 and rank2s it will make things easier. If you still can't complete Eok after that, you shouldn't be in RoS raids (I also suspect the problem is something else entirely). They are a continuation after all

*edit* keep in mind I say this from a stand point of devs will not give any new raids that don't require Eok. That's not happening at this stage of development. Would of it of been nice? Sure. But it's not happening
  9. Warpeace Augur

They don't have to. But its not like RoS raids would be kinder to them. Insisting on raiding current content when those forces are not capable is just stupid, good luck with that. Blaming everyone and everything else will not produce the changes needed to beat EoK or RoS.
  10. Fian Augur

What we are complaining about is that EQ developers have decided to make the game even harder. EQ is already a hard game, it doesn't need to be harder. We have earned our current rank 3 spells, and mid tier guilds don't appreciate that the bar has been raised on us ever getting our new rank 3 spells. When TDS raised the level cap to 105, it didn't require any COTF raid completion, nor did it require raiders to complete any group progression to participate in the raids. There is no good reason to raise the bar on mid tier guilds for this expansion that raises the cap to 110.

What you don't seem to realize is that the elite guilds need the mid-tier guilds. In fact you even need those that just play the group game. The player base is getting pretty small these days. At some point, DBC is going to conclude that spending money on creating a new expansion is not a good return on investment, and they then just go into maintenance mode with next to no new functionality. What delays this from happening is having a large enough subscriber base that pays the monthly subscription and buys the new expansions. So when a new expansion comes out, it needs to care not only to the elite players (who apparently think so long as they are happy that is all that matters), but to the mid-tier guilds that can only raid the weaker raids in the new expansion, as well as the solo and group only players. This expansion is failing the mid tier guilds, and some will end up walking away from the game as a result.

Personally, I think TBM had it down perfect on content, although the biggest complaint about it was that people exhausted the group content too fast:
    • 3 Tiers of raid encounters that got progressively more difficult that also awarded raid currency
    • 2 raid dungeons with easier raid encounters, but the trade off was no currency and a long time to clear the zones.
    • Progression based spell that grew in power as you went through group content benefiting both you as well as your raid force.
    Ratbo Peep and CM99games like this.
  11. Khat_Nip Meow

Which makes more sense to spend time on:?

-Wiping day after day, week after week on a RoS T1 raid that they'll likely not beat and getting no further in progressing in the EoK raids because they're neglecting them and wasting time in RoS because they can attempt it prematurely,
    OR
    -Using that time and the levels, AAs, abilities, spells, and possibly some gear (as well as numbers, strats, dedication, et al) to push through EoK so at least they have a fighting chance to win their attempts in RoS T1 when they get there legitimately.
  12. Warpeace Augur

OK whatever your focused on those spells not the complete outcome. Yet they cant beat what is current now and are arguing to make RoS content as easy as EoK entry events. People are already asking for RoS RK. III spells to be added to EoK chests:oops: . How do you ask for that while complaining about elite guilds beating the content leaving others in the dust? If that was implemented top guilds would rampage through EoK and get their RoS spells and get even further ahead creating more outcry from the family/casual guilds.

How do you really think people are going to feel beside these casual/family guilds seem to feel entitled to getting new loot when not truly capable of earning it? The fact is not all players will see every end game portion of EoK or RoS.

Its really not that hard.

The bar was already there in EoK, its not everyone else's problem for those that chose to ignore it.

I completely get it, I just don't want to be recruiting someone from a mid-tier guild that thinks they are the bomb playing at 40% potential and offended when they are told to make changes and refuse to do so. Seen a lot of these kinds of applicants this last year.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

What race? You mean there is a race that means something in the game? What happens if you lose the race? What happens if you win?
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You are correct. I'm done listening to the whining.

FACT: I was in a mid tier guild for over a decade, never raiding in the current expansion. I fully understand what you are all going through. Nonetheless all of you ARE raiding in the current expansion now, something I could not do from Depths of Darkhollow all the way through Underfoot when my old guild dissolved. I have so little sympathy at this point for anyone complaining about this design choice. This design choice by the way was made before EoK launch - WE ALL KNEW THIS BECAUSE OF SEALS OF CHARASIS. If you didn't see this coming you are in denial or need to get your eyes checked because you are blind.
    Belexes and Warpeace like this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

What makes me chuckle is that the announcement has been made about requiring Seal of Charasis in order to begin ROS raids. Instead of working on strategies, instead of some guilds partnering with other guilds, instead of some people actually doing something in game about it (completing Essence of Dragon, for example)... What some people are doing is just complaining.

Complaining is not going to defeat Queen or Vault or Kar Zok. I feel the focus should be there instead. But that is me...
    Brohg and Belexes like this.
  16. Fian Augur

My guild hadn't beaten TBM before we started EOK raids. In fact, we had only beaten V and V once before the bard nerf. To get up to speed for EOK raids, we focused on first gearing our raid force on EOK group. This time, we already have a fair bit of EOK raid gear, so we are ready to start on RoS raids day one. If the RoS raids are so hard that we can't beat them, then Tier 1 needs to be tuned down so that mid tier guilds have a chance.
  17. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It really isn’t, though. What’s “difficult” (notice the quotation marks) is the herding of 54+ cats to accomplish things as a group. Arranging schedules, getting people to show up, getting the right classes, getting people to pay attention, fighting attrition, training people that need help, etc etc etc.

The game itself is pretty darn straightforward, even if you’re only putting in ~75% effort of what one’s class can do when played pedal to the metal.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Well good luck, have fun banging your head against a wall. A fair bit of EoK raid gear is not going to get you there and there is a lot more to it than just that. Seems your guild is overly focused on raiding current content and not what they are capable of actually raiding.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is true.
    Though they should have released "RoS" like half a year sooner then, as that which it is:
    An add-on to EoK - NOT an expansion of it's own.
    They've chosen at some point though to make this a stand-alone expansion.
    And while we know about thematic connections between expansions (VoA=>RoF for example),
    none of the previous actual expansions had any actual requirement from the previous or an even older one.

But as i said above:
    It all depends on how things are implemented - atm it is much too soon to complain.
    They could indeed introduce something like the Alaran language quest in RoF to by-pass some of the progression as Jumbur has mentioned, who knows?
    It's never too soon though to voice a concern.
  20. Belexes ForumQuester

Those who are carrying on about elite guilds...do you think elite guilds are born and formed that way? You think those guys had it all down starting at level 1?

The fact is, they had to work to learn how to play their characters at max potential. Their guilds had to wipe over and over to learn how to be a team and when and how to implement strategies. The guild leader and raid leaders had to learn how to group classes together to get the most out of each class. They had to learn the strategies. They wanted to be good, they wanted to be successful. They wanted to be elite. They wanted to get the rewards that were out there.

They did this early on and carried through to EoK.

They earned what they got. If you want what they got, get after it.

I am not elite. I am not in an elite guild. I suck, but I want to get better. I don't want it easier. I want to earn it.
    Greymantle likes this.