Livestream summary please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Yes, they will almost certainly be included.
    Benito likes this.
  2. Lilura Augur

Overthere is getting updated?

Does this mean Revenge of the Goons?
  3. Cicelee Augur

Yes they said there is going to be chase loots in group zones. They did not say 100% for sure, but they talked like it is 99.9% sure...
  4. Bigfan Augur

Where is the hook?

Familiar keyring, though useless still was a new feature, where is this one?

110 in all honesty should have been EoK.
    So we have 5 zones mostly copy paste. And you want my money for that?
    Feznik likes this.
  5. Gomorrah Journeyman

You definitely shouldn't give your money for it, Bigfan. Don't worry, those of us just happy that EQ is still running will buy it and keep servers running for you.

35 bucks for how many hours of new content? Best deal around.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  6. Straps New Member

A Hero's Forge Wardrobe (key ring) for all the ornamentations would have been a worthy hook IMO.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

9 raids. Progression. New gear. Months and months of fun. Sure beats subscribing to cable TV to watch reruns of Seinfeld.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Bigfan Augur

415$ AUD by my count.
  9. Gomorrah Journeyman

That's like someone complaining about how expensive premium unleaded costs while using a Summernats burnout winner as a daily driver with a Honda Civic in the garage. 10 accounts shows you are a big fan of EQ and multiboxing software, and thus would probably get use out of it.

I repeat. Don't spend the money if you're gonna worry about it. Or just spend 41.50 and explore on your rogue.
  10. Riou EQResource

The combine kicked the dark elves out and took over
  11. Kolani Augur

Yep, it's more EQ2 crap leaking. It's the starting city for PC Sarnaks.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

H1Z1 pays for their own prize money wtih crates they sell for the event.

Outside of that, I don't know where all of the EQ money goes, for all I know it's all to us or none to us. That's above pay grade, I only happen to know that the prize money for H1Z1 is paid for with the crates they sell for their game. (Part of the reason they have a different currency as well)
  13. Axxius Augur

...or 12663 Zimbabwe Dollars, if you want to make it look really expensive ;)
  14. Reyan New Member

I think the Iranian Rial beats that at 416 AUD =11,004,318.58 IRR
  15. Rhodz Augur

OMG I forgot about that!
    TAKE MY MONEY NOW!
  16. Straps New Member

Thank you for the feedback, this does make me feel better about the money I spend on this game.

Now if we could stop using guilds for testing and create a true competitive setting for the release of new content we would have a growing game again. The primary reason this game is not growing is the advantage these guilds have over others. There is only room for 54-108 players per server if you want to be a top player. No chance for competitive advancement for any guild that does not know someone who knows a developer who invites them to test beta. Even if this is not true this is what the community believes and it is daunting.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I agree Straps. It used to be that you had to apply to be a beta tester and there were limited openings. They would announce when applications for beta would be open - that was just the application! And then sweat it out while you waited to hear. And got beta version free and had to keep your mouth shut. I never was approved so I finally decided to try beta this year. Imagine my surprise that this is no longer how beta works. Yes there are certain players who have already been playing beta for a while "because they are top players and contribute a lot to the game" :( is what was said in server wide chat and certain guilds who have already been invited to raid in the new beta. If your guild did not get the yellow message then you were not invited. The rest of us have now been given the "privilege" to pay a minimum of $30 some dollars to play in "beta" and work out the bugs on our dime. Beta used to reward some kick afff stuff that you could show off cause not everyone got in beta to get that reward. There is no NDA nowadays because there is no real "beta" in the community. And the bugs will still be there come December so why spend over 2 months working a character who will just be deleted? I may not be a top player but I have been here many many years and will continue to play - I just wish these top players did not get special treatment all the time. But this is not beta - this is an early release of the next expansion and shut up about the bugs.
  18. Ohfuggle Elder

I absolutely agree with Fanra, that stream was completely lackluster.

From the disorganization of the whole thing up to Absor's complete lack of enthusiasm.

I've literally never experienced so little F***s given in an expansion reveal.

Not to mention the lack of professionalism, the entire thing seemed like a last minute task someone was handed off and Absor was dragged in the room and forced to interact while we cringed.

You guys need to seriously get your act together, especially if you want to retain the few paying customers you have left.
  19. Vanrau Augur

You must be new. For those of us that have been around for a while, this stream was actually more organized than previous streams. They actually showed expansion content this time compared to the EoK stream that talked more about other things.
    Gyurika Godofwar and feeltheburn like this.
  20. Lerilon Lorekeeper

Because people like me got into beta for TDS, were disgusted by the copy/paste spells, AAs, etc from CotF and not only didn't buy the expansion, but quit EQ until a lot more content was out. Dicho spells were a great add. This way people will buy the expansion, have just as much as enthusiasm as Absor had in the live stream (ZIP, zero) about the new content (he gushed about the artwork that, according to them, had been done for a year or two, but that was it) and quit AFTER paying up.

Frankly, I saw the livestream, every second of it and was so underwhelmed, both because of the lack of enthusiasm by the presenters and by the lack of new features, that I am leaning ever more towards another break or just playing EoK as 4 free accounts.

The ONLY really cool thing I saw was the wyvern/drake/dragon mount, but no way in hell I pay 126.00 for content I'm this unexcited about just to have that mount.

I started in Everquest in 2000, just after Kunark came out. I lost enthusiasm for it during CotF. I got a little more excited by EoK. The ONLY reason RoS holds any interest for me after the livestream is to level my toons to 110 to make TBM and EOK a little more trivial.
    Geroblue likes this.