@Devs- acknowledgement that the Vulak move was flawed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Hated One, Oct 24, 2017.

1. The Hated One Augur

It is pretty obvious from my research this week talking to people moved to Fippy that many people's toons did not get moved over. Could we get ANY acknowledgement that 1. there was failure 2. That someone is trying to find everyone's missing toons, pp, gear? 3. A Timeline on when these files might be examined and corrected so we can play on Fippy?
  2. phattoni Augur

this is why they picked them 2 servers, noone cares if the toons got copied properly.

the servers have been dead with no progress being made except maybe 20 people on fippy.

servers could probably be deleted and 90% of the game population wouldn't even notice/care.
    Jaxarale01 and Xanadas like this.
  3. Finchy Augur

except for those paying customers that have invested the last 4-5 years into progressing on those servers...they are no different than other paying customers.
  4. Kahna Augur

Literally 5 people have been playing on Vulak for the past 4-5 years. Not exactly bank breaking numbers we are talking about here. Devs have to prioritize. Their time and resources are not endless, and 5 people is pretty low priority when they are working on a new expansion that will impact far, far more than that. I am sure they are aware, I am sure they want to help you. I doubt they have a timeline yet, because even super busy devs would have likely have taken the 2 minutes to post about the timeline if they had taken the time to hash out a timeline.

It will get fixed, eventually.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Having characters deleted that you have invested years of effort into developing is a pretty big deal, even if they aren't currently getting played.

In my opinion, it should be their #1 priority. If our characters can just disappear at any time, and it isn't resolved in an exceedingly quick manner, what's the point of playing this game at all?
  6. Brovaar Elder

I agree with you man. To that other gentleman it is no big deal until it happens to his main and then I am sure he will bring in the storm clouds.
  7. The Hated One Augur

That is the point exactly. They announced the merge. They laid out exactly how they were going to do it. Then it didn't happen. Now I run my own business. If I make a mistake #1 I own it. #2 THAT is my number 1 priority, fixing my mistake and making sure my customer(s) are taken care of. I do not ignore them. I do not make excuses. I do not blow them off. That is business suicide. The MOST important thing to do in that unfortunate instance from the business owners standpoint is an honest "I am sorry. I(we) will correct this as soon as possible and I want you to be assured that it will be corrected to your satisfaction." How hard is that? I know the process to getting that in an EQ server merger might be tough...i have no idea how it is done frankly... BUT communication with your paying customers is pretty darn important. My 2cp.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Excellent can't wait to have my 10 Level 65 characters on Al'Kabor restored since deleted characters you spent 9+ years invested in is the worst thing in the world.

Feel free to copy them from AK onto Agnarr once it reaches PoP, that would be great.
  9. Kahna Augur

I am a she, not a he.

I have toons on Vulak, played them for quite some time. I haven’t even logged in to see if they made it over. I have toons on half a dozen servers at varying stages of play. If you deleted any of the toons I hadn’t touched in years I really wouldn’t care in the slightest. You didn’t care about your Vulak toon rotting away on a dead server, what is the big difference now? If you did care about it, you would have transferred it to Fippy long before this.
  10. klanderso Developer

We're definitely looking into this, and it's actually my main priority until it's fixed.
  11. Behee Augur

Rubbish. I had played and paid for those characters, I spent money in the store on them and had many bags upgraded. But I didn't want to pay $25 per character over 5 accounts for a move to another (slightly less dead) dead server. I expected a server merge would happen eventually, and it has. I expect it to work, and it appeared to do so for the two accounts I checked.

Those characters and accounts have value whether or not you approve, and whether or not I currently play there full time. I expect all of my characters to be moved accurately, since it is entirely a reasonable expectation.

At no time did I give permission to delete characters I have spent time and money on, it is entirely improper of you to decide for me or others that deletion is acceptable.
  12. Machentoo Augur

In my opinion, deleting the toons on Al Kabor is one of the lowest things that SOE ever did.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Indeed, would be super cool if they could just let us copy those toons to Agnarr once its timeline is complete. Though turning on the server would be a 100x more preferable solution.
  14. The Hated One Augur

I do care about those toons on Vulak. We were actually looking forward to them getting moved to a more active server...hence why we logged in to the regularly and when they were supposed to be moved. Thank you for the heads up Klanderso.
  15. Kahna Augur

LoL. You bought nothing. Doesn’t matter how much money you spent or how much time you invested. DBG can delete your toons any time they want for any reason and they most certainly don’t need your permission to do so. I didn’t decided anything for you. I just laughed at you for getting all worked up over a toon on a dead server being moved to a slightly less dead server.

I will admit to being pleasantly surprised by the fact that a dev is working on this as a main priority. I do hope you get your toons back so you can play them on your mostly, but not totally, dead server.
  16. Mixolydian New Member

Thank you for the update!
  17. snailish Augur

This is important to anyone it directly impacts right now.

It is also important to anyone else playing EQ as this "modern merger mechanism" is likely how whatever merger(s) occur next will be done.

My guess is it won't be 5-7 years before the next merger(s). Likely candidates down the line are Ragefire/Lockjaw, Brekt/FV --especially if no more Quarm events are coming to spill into Brekt, Fippy into a live server, Zek into a non-pvp live server could happen. Likely candidates sooner are actually a bunch of the live servers into each other.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Beggly Augur

First off, did people check to see if the characters were over the max of 8 to 11 characters depending on whether you have purchased extra character slots?

I had no problem, of course I spent time deleting any characters that I duplicated on both servers or that I just didn't mean to keep, or were to low to bother with.

As for the proverbial 5-20 players on Vulak, I for one would have been rather upset if they had just deleted the servers. I have characters on both Fippy and Vulak that I still play, though not as often as I should. I'm too busy with Agnar and FV and Cazic right now, exploring some things I had not done previously.

It never good to assume that a server is totally dead. I even log onto Trakanon once in a while, even Zek, though I am not a big fan or even a little fan of PVP.
  19. Rhodz Augur

Opps pronoun violation... that is a felony in California I hear.

The problem you are not seeing is this is a test run and others will follow.
    Would you prefer the process be well debugged or are you ok with 10% of the chars you may care about being lost along with everything in the bank forget the toons.
    It would be OOW levels of exodus all over again and this time there would be no saving this game.
    So yeah these people need to raise a bit of concern even if those chars may not be current.

Had no doubt they were working on it but it is good they said something to confirm it.
  20. Brovaar Elder

Good for you. Apparently DBG should forget about all the other subscribers and just start deleting old characters because Kahna doesn't care about his toons.

Your comment lacks understanding of the situation because it's missing facts. My toons were not rotting away as you put it. Just because I had toons on Vulaak doesn't mean I did not care about playing them. I liked the peace and quiet of Vulaak as a number of other players who occasionally logged in to play. I too rotate across multiple servers to play all my toons. This is what keeps the game alive for me and my four accounts. The reason I didn't want to move them to Fippy is because I already had toons on Fippy.

In the future, though, I'll be sure to ask you what server I can create a toon on because your opinion and incite is very important to me.