Double billed - NOT a chargeback.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ratbo Peep, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Just so you all know this is NOT a chargeback.
    I tried to buy the Premium Edition on my CC and the site indicated the transaction failed.
    So I tried again... same thing. (sigh)
    I was about to Pay with PayPal when I was notified of a double transaction. Seems BOTH transactions now show as pending.
    When my CC calls me back - I plan to have them (if possible) cancel the duplicate transaction and leave the 1st one in place to buy the expansion - just a heads up!
    -Rat
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Don't be dumb...

If you do that, you'll get banned. Do it through the proper channels, a support ticket.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This has been an issue for the last month or so which is why so many of us on these forums are telling people if you get an error when buying DBC or a subscription then log all the way out - check your email since they always send email conformation or your credit card statement and then log back in and see if it went thru. At least your not in the boat that one guy is - he kept retrying about 14 times on one credit cards and 7 or 8 on another credit card. But as Smoke says just file a support ticket - I have seen posts where they do fix this issue often lately.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

After talking to the bank - I filed a support ticket..
    So long as the transactions are "pending" it's not technically a chargeback at all.
    Not to mention that one EQ account cannot buy the expansion twice - LOL
    But they thought it would be best to give Daybreak a chance to fix it first.
    I'll wait to see how long it takes support to fix this. Funds are tied up on hold until they do.
    -R
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

The charges should disappear in a couple of days. Same thing happened to me a few months back trying to renew an alt acct. They disappeared from pending on their own. No support ticket was needed.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Glad you talked to bank first cause like Smoke said - if you dispute it thru your bank then daybreak will see it as fraud and there goes your account! Good to hear they made it right for you Thunderkiks without a ticket.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  7. Jaylin Augur

Most bank and credit cards will list as a pending charge anytime something is attempted. Until payment was processed it is pending. When things are double charged the successful one is processed and the other usually disappears in a few days. We see things like this at the doctor's office I work for. People put their chips in then take them out to soon while it's attempting to process. It usually resolves within 3 business days. Unless they both show as successful payments it should fix itself. Just keep an eye on it for now.
  8. Eniner Augur

Like some stated above if you dispute it they will ban the account. But it also can be unbanned upon paying off the dispute in question. Like you did i too would of open a petition myself and let daybreak sort through it to possibly find the issue causing it which most likely is traffic influx volumes causing it to time out. I would just wait on them to get it right / correct the problem over waiting for cs to answer a petition days later and having refix the chargeback etc.
  9. Cleaver Augur

Do nothing. In 3 days they will be canceled. Ive had it happen before also.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This is the really bad thing about this problem THEY have.
    And i really wonder why they haven't fixed billing issues by now - one would think that when your business model revolves around selling virtual things for RL money, that "billing" in general would take top-priority.
    But i guess as long as their CUSTOMERS have to bear the ill-effects of the problem, they're not bothered too much :/
  11. Sarkaukar Augur

No, the issue is that the bank will accept the charge (pending) but they also send back requested information such as address and zip code verification. If the info DBG has on file does not match what the bank has provided then DBG will not send settled transmission. By doing that, they are not accepting the transaction and the banking system then will free up the funds/remove the pending charge in an appropriate amount of time, which that is NOT DBG fault. This is how DBG payment security system is setup to reduce fraud. At one time, before this was in placed, Visa/MC fined SOE several million dollars because due to fraudulent credit card use prior to introducing payment verification setup. And the error DBG generates is generic for security reasons.

So there is nothing to fix and the process is actually not as simple as most believe it is (chuckles). For the few complaining about it, do some research. I did when members filled complaints on why their bills were not paid on a timely manner or while it took so long to get their money back (free up the funds) when a charge is credited back, etc, etc ,etc. Did you know that the funds you provide merchant actually goes through a 3rd party regional entities, either Electronic Payments Network (EPN - consortium of banks) or the Federal Reserve.

http://www.webtrafficexchange.com/declined-credit-card-transaction-appear-approved-bank

Gasious, Soogi, Bearly and 1 other person like this.