Livestream summary please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Lilura Augur

I missed the livestream. Does anyone have a summary or know of one? Checked all the usual sites but maybe it's too early.
  2. Absor Developer

Old men talk about video game stuff.

Done.

A
  3. Semp New Member

Beta forums coming up soon?
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

A summary was requested on October 18. This is the only response from Daybreak:
    Absor, you are a great guy but you are just trolling those of us who would like something quite reasonable from Daybreak.

Would you really be satisfied with your answer if the shoe was on the other foot, or would you feel that your reasonable request was being dismissed in an insulting way?
    Sagarmatha and Geroblue like this.
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Here are my rough notes.
    Level increase to 110.
    Ring of Scale launches December 12th.
    Beta Reward is a helmet (looks like a cactus plant) will augment into heros forge.
    Familiar from the pre orders are available on the TLP servers. None of them have stats.
    * items are available on the TLP servers on the expansion page.
    Housing items will be included for your houses if you pre order.
    Housing item, Green Latern ports you to skyfire, right outside of Gorwyn.
    1 new zone Gorwyn. Veeshan's Peak redone. Skyfire redone. Howling Stones redone. Will check if more once I get in beta.
    3 sets of Heros Forge, Raid, Group and Tradeskills.
    9 raids.
    New AA's.
    Mercenaries will level up to level 110.
    Devourer Familiar.
    Familiar riding a mount is premium only.
    Cocatrice mount comes with collectors edition.
    Wyvern mount is premium.
    New tradeskills.
    105 to 110 is the level target for all the expansion.
    Zones are set up the same as EoK as far as tiers go.
    No beta NDA.
  6. Brohg Augur

He's not wrong, except for maybe the "about video game stuff" part.

Summary: the beta is up. That's it.

I hope they didn't skip breakfast to put this on.

Breakfast is important, yo.
  7. LordOmni New Member

lvl 110
    6 zones
    9 raids
    New AAs
    New tradeskills
    familiars in collectors and premium are cosmetic only

That's the basics of what I got.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Tanols Augur

Level cap increase to 110, lots of new quests, achievements, AA, trade skill recipes etc. 9 new raids. All group zones are open no flags keys etc required (may change) raids locked behind progression.
    If you looking for specific information based on classes and existing issues .... no specifics or promises were made.
  9. Absor Developer

Wait, wait... days ago you wanted a summary of a live stream that hadn't happened until today? Sorry, but that isn't possible. I don't time travel. If I did, would I look so old?

As for a summary, I'm not the one that should be doing that. I would just suggest watching it. It should be on YouTube soon and I dunno how Facebook does vods, since I'm an old fuddy-duddy that doesn't like social media and feels that it wastes way too much useful time.

I'm sorry if having a bit of fun isn't allowed anymore.

A
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please read my post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...m-weds-oct-25-at-10am-pt.244456/#post-3592109

So no, you don't need a time machine.
    Apparently, Daybreak does not have anyone who does community relations who can do this.

I actually lose money running a EverQuest website and you want me, or someone else unpaid to do Daybreak's job.

Wow, what a response.

You know, normal companies spend 10 minutes creating a summary of their products for their customers.

Instead of doing that, I get trolled that I'm a "old fuddy-duddy" just because I don't find the antics of the Developer staff funny enough to waste an hour or so in the middle of my day watching a video that contains two minutes of actual information on the expansion.

So, I just went to the EQ Facebook page and I see I have to watch for 42 minutes instead of reading for 2 minutes.

Thanks Daybreak, you treat your customers like kings (in the French Revolution).
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I will allow it, Absor
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

In Soviet Russia, EverQuest plays you?
  13. Straps New Member

They are going to let the same few guilds test Beta raids. Its like competing against cheaters for the rest of the raid guilds. Pfft

Best case solution would be to have any given guild test only one raid event. Reducing their advantage over others while still getting the event tested.

(edited to add a solution)
  14. Eckish Lorekeeper

The expansion preorder page has a summary of the product, which is live now. And that's most of the content of the live feed. The only additional information was that beta is already live with a cactus helmet thing as the reward. All of the other time was spent looking at art and zone design, which wouldn't fit a text summary very well.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So nothing anyone wants to know about then. :p
  16. Lilura Augur

Ok, so how about:

* Mercs scaling up to 110? Right now a cleric merc in EOK is useless.
    * Heroic characters higher than 85?
    * Unlocking old content, particularly TDS? I don't want to bust my butt on Combine Dredge flagging if it will open in a few weeks.
  17. Eckish Lorekeeper

Mercs will scale to 110. No discussion on your other points in the stream.
  18. fransisco Augur

Cleric mercs work great for me in EoK - and I have in 100% group gear (obviously not as good as a player cleric, but they get the job done).
    Unlocks are always automatic - they are not features.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yuck, hate leveling and making old zones grey/green :(
    1 less zone than EOK :( Karnors? City of Mist? Sebilis? Emerald Jungle? Swamp of No Hope? Lake of Ill Omen? Firiona Vie? Trakanon's Teeth?
    Never heard of Gorwyn, where does that name come from, hopefully not EQ2!
    As long as all 9 raids aren't in VP, much as I love dragons some variation would be nice.
    AAs - Give me back the choices you took away with consolidation!
    Yay new things to make!
    More rubbish to clutter up my claims window
  20. Duhbeast Augur

It's all in good fun Corwyn.

[IMG]