Vulak people missing toons on Fippy?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by The Hated One, Oct 23, 2017.

1. The Hated One Augur

Just curious how many people have missing toons on the server transfer. Wife and I had none of our lvl 75 mains make the merge. Just happened to log on to check the move and get the gear out that they said would be in the holding pattern. But low and behold...none of our mains were there. We have petitioned but I am curious how bad the problem is.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

"Merge" was code for "we deleted Vulak and doubt anyone will notice, but in the off chance they ask what happened we'll say it "merged"".
  3. Mixolydian New Member

From 3 accounts I have 8 missing toons in total. 3 toons made the journey unscathed as well as my guild and guild bank.

I’m sure everything will be resolved in due time, but as proof that the universe has a sense of humor I thought, “Oh man if something is going to break it will be the shared bank so I will put these mounts, extra hero’s forge, and other items on a character instead” … that character is lost right now in the void. Of course the shared bank worked perfectly and I had an overflow item window available when I logged in.

My best guess is that the missing characters share a name with a character on fippy.

I have a petition in as well.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Hmm seems they have some bugs in merge process, no surprise there.
    Given the small number of players with chars on Vulak and unlikeliness of people checking on (or even remembering) those chars since the merge this seems like it would be a nightmare on a populated server merge.
    Gots work to do lucy...
  5. Nubbin New Member

I had a level 60 on Vulak that somehow ended up as a level 50 parked in OOT. I can't bring myself to care.
  6. jeskola pheerie

I checked 2 of my 3 accounts that had level 70s on Vulak and none of them transferred over.
  7. Bewts Augur

Thanks for beta testing the Lockfire / Ragejaw transfer for us.

Hope you get your toons back!

My beastlord faded away with the light atop a mountain in Kunark when they sunset Eqmac :/
    snailish and Kattria Minx like this.
  8. Behee Augur

I checked 2 of 5 accounts, and all characters transferred as expected. I did have characters on Fippy with the same name (placeholders), which I deleted the day before the merge. So it could well be an issue with same names.
  9. Shmogg New Member

Of the seven characters I had on Vulak, only four transferred to join my five Fippy characters. I now have 9/11 slots full there so there was room for more. Of the three failures, one was of higher level (20 vs 1), one was lower level (10 vs 13), and one was the same level (1) as the corresponding "placeholder" on Fippy. The two from Vulak that I had did not have placeholders on Fippy transferred fine while two that did triggered name changes in their Fippy placeholders as expected.

I guess I'll have to reactivate my other account to see how those got messed up and petition there as well.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Heh wouldn't it be great if that level 65 monk I have on Vul from way back were to magically appear on AG...
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur