Status: 10/18/2017 6:42 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fian, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Fian Augur

I didn't see this announced (I log in once a day so if the announcement is less than 24 hours before maintenance I won't see it). Currently there is no thread that I can see that says how long this maintenance window will last. Can we have some details on this outage?
  2. Cstoner187 Elder

3. Rhaage Augur

4. cantillon New Member

I haven't played for a month. Decided to log in and see if I felt like playing. Now I'll be doing something else. Account expires in a few days. Your ridiculous patches in the middle of the day are truly costing you players.
  5. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

6. Deddentd Journeyman

Yeah 7 Hours, have to load up the beta test stuff , and get set up for the selling of the new expansion..... at least that's what I am thinking they are doing, since they haven't bothered to let anyone know anything yet.
  7. Toohotforu New Member

Unbelievable that in this technology age of information that they barely give a heads up and call it scheduled, but the server instability lately has kept us from playing during our paid time that this is just beyond insulting.You better plan on providing us with some decent compensation this time or you'll be losing even more customers. It's hard to believe with the way you've been slowly strangling the game that you even have any customers left. Good luck after 7 more hours of having the same game server populations DB.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Not only is it the pretty much once a month patch in the middle of the month (come on y’all know it happens) they are also merging two servers... if you play once a month and expecting all to be smooth. Use google before hand, come vist this site for 45 seconds and I bet you can figure out if you can play today...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The server merge was announced back in Sept. 22 in news and announcements in these forums and in Community News - that big page on the front of the EQ website. I have deja'vu of drivers who do not see the "merge left" sign 200 feet after the "lane ends" sign
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Not to mention they patched test server last week... and in the past year they pretty much patch live 7-8 days later... weird how that works.
  11. Warpeace Augur

Its been known for a week.o_O
  12. Straps New Member

Patching is good, it means someone is working on the game. When a game stops patching and doing maintenance is when you should be concerned. All I ask from Daybreak is to stop spending my subscription money on failed experiments. Promote and build your most popular game, which is the reason the company exists at all, Everquest.
  13. MarttinPH Augur

Has a copy of the patch notes been released?
  14. Fian Augur

Hello, where did we receive notice a week in advance that there would be downtime today? It certainly isn't listed on the login page.
  15. Nuttmeg Augur

The above poster meant to say, "Due to the long track record of poor customer service, you should have been able to infer a patch was coming today." -ya, completely useless advice.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Official all servers will be coming down post from yesterday. So I will say I was incorrect in a way, but people still knew this Wednesday live servers would be getting patched from the two threads below..

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ime-wednesday-september-20-6-00-am-pt.243901/

The above thread was officially posted yesterday pertaining to ALL servers.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-10-10-17-patch-notes-and-discussions.244307/

This thread while directed at the Test server was posted October 10, 2017 it tells us on live servers what changes are coming and the next Wednesday to expect it to be pushed live.

It also has the intended patch notes if you want to look at what changes should be made once servers come back up.

So yes basically a week advanced notice. It also occurs around mid month so if you pop in and check the Test thread for those posts you will catch it earlier.
  17. smash Augur

In last many many many years, when there is a test patch, there always been patch about 7 days later.

So should not come as surprise for anyone anymore.
  18. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As I mentioned above they put this out on Sept 22 about merging servers on Oct 18 so how does one think that will happen without an extended server down time? Its not like twinkie filling where they just shoot it in.
  19. Fian Augur

There is a lot of tea leave reading to figure out there is a patch today. Is it really that hard for DBC to announce server down time a week in advance in its own thread? This is communication 101 stuff.
  20. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Why didn't Daybreak call me on the damn phone and tell me these things!!!??
    Lilliee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.