What to do outside of raids in velious?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Oct 12, 2017.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Seeing as how just about everyone that's been on agnarr since classic is max level and epics are mostly done, what do you have to shop for the solo or group setting in velious?
  2. Glowerss Augur

Honestly? You can level up alts, and that's about it. Velious is almost 100% raid focused.

If you're a caster, you can technically do your Coldain Shawl. However, based on all the complaining about krono farmers, I would absolutely recommend being VERY CAREFUL when doing your shawl walk, as people will try and jack your shawl.

If you're a melee, I wouldn't even attempt to do the Coldain ring. Phinny was, by all reports, a much more civilized server than Agnar has been thus far, and ring jacking was absolutely rampant on Phinny. I imagine it's going to be 100x worse on Agnar. Not only that, but the quest NPC to even spawn the 9th ring can be killed before the event is even triggered.

Honestly, Velious was pretty boring. There are a lot of raids to do, but TBH most of them get stale pretty quickly. ST pre revamp was neat (lots of cool drops in there), but we only got a few clears of that before sleeper woke up :<
  3. Aegir Augur

The ring itself is ok, but the click effect has serious stacking issues atm. the 8th ring should stack with more but the 10th ring... . They should really just add Heroic STR and hp regen to the item instead of the click effect as it is atm.

But yeah. Raid, level up alts and work on TS if you gonna do Shawl (Final-Walk won't be that toxic as most are in Luclin at that point)

while tradesklling, you may wanna gather and farm as many components for earring of the solistice for luclin and stack em for all the costumers in bazaar when it opens.
  4. Classified Journeyman

If you like trade skills you can make Earring of Solistice "Kits" and sell them. You can make all but 2 parts for the earring come SoV. The pie and something else require moon drops. If your not gunning for raid key parts come Moon time you can clean up selling the last 2 parts. I made good money doing this.

During Veilous you can farm the nesting dragons with a group. Nice twink gear that should hold it's value for a server locked at PoP. Folks will want to twink alt's and it's nice gear for the price.
  5. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Join ogre in kill othmir. Othmir taste good. Skin very warm. Use oil to fry more othmir.

Stupid Othmir. Stupid hats.

[IMG]
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

You 1-2 group Zlandicar/Naggy/Vox weekly and sell the loot. Farm halls of testing armor for alts.
  7. Ryak Augur

Unless they changed it, you cannot do the final shawl until Luclin, because reasons...
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

It was this way on Phinny. No final shawl until luclin. Oh and it was full of people trying to ninja the final hand in since there is no safeguard against that.
  9. FatherDoom New Member

With how bad things were on Phinny (and Phinny seemed tame compared to Agnarr) I think this is going to happen to a lot of people.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Farm more krono to pay for account time on Phinny, duh. That's the only reason to play on Agnarr at all.
  11. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

On Phinny, winter was very long! I hope it's not the same for you folks on Agnarr. Good luck!
  12. tuttles Augur

come to TLP forums and create new daily threads about:

• Sleeper Instance Implementation
    • How the 7th Shawl should be able to be completed in velious
    • Faster respawn times for 8th ring fight mob
    • How epic turn-in respawns are still too long
    • How terrible North TOV is
    • X drop is too rare, mob should have increased spawn rate
    Punchu, Jaxarale01, Renshu and 2 others like this.
  13. Kiaro Augur

MoTM NTOV is a lesson on how to take what was once the most enjoyable raid area ever, and turn it into a worse slog than Vex Thal. Yay, 4 hours of hitting Lord Freeloot for 15melee....and having every resist down to 0...and having all of our spells resisted.... screw MoTM NTOV!
  14. jack of all trades Elder

NToV isn't THAT bad.. but Lady Nev will make you slit your wrists from boredom.
  15. FatherDoom New Member

I'll second that one. I will say though, that NToV is much more fun in the level 100 revamp that happens in Rain of Fear. Actual mechanics really do make a raid fun. So many fights in Velious are AFK auto attack fights (nearly all of them)

I remember one raid near the end of the long winter on Phinny, having only about 20 people for lady nev. Took nearly an hour to kill her.

I feel sorry for anyone about excited about Velious on Agnarr. I was super excited about it on Phinny....then I played it. At least you will have AA to look forward to in Luclin I guess. That might be the worst thing about Velious. After you raid NToV and ST a few times, there is NOTHING to do. You can do shawl or ring quests, but what a headache for something you can replace in the next expac or two. Velious was the last expac with no Alternate Advancement, and thank god for that.
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Duck. Unduck. Duck. Unduck.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. FatherDoom New Member

Now, to be fair, some guilds require more of you than that. Especially if you are a mage. You might have to tank :p
  18. -wycca Augur

She's a faster fight than she was in 2001 ironically - I think all of ours but the first were sub 10min.
    Prathun likes this.
  19. malaki Augur

Lady Nev was just fine as a wizard!
  20. Adonhiram Augur

Err... farm Plane of Mischief ?
    Machentoo likes this.