Pop Flags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sentinal, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Sentinal Journeyman

Is there anyway DB put under achivement the pop flags tracking. I was not playing the toon im playing now durring this era and to get my artisan price is extremely hard to figure out wich one im missing.
    Thanks.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

3. Bigstomp Augur

Back and forth to the seer. Find a flag you are missing. Read the guides starting right from the start of the step. Do all the hails and such. Back to the seer and see if there are any other bits to unwind.
    Don't go camping/killing a pop boss and realize you were just missing a hail from the first guy in the quest chain.
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. Khat_Nip Meow

Just gonna leave this here.
    Caell and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  5. Prathun Developer

This is a great idea.
    We can look into doing this for a future update when the team has time to tackle it.
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you do this, can you make sure people that have done the PoP progression get the flags (like maybe have them talk to the seer once after flags get implemented, and if they meet all the requirements, get the achievements)?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the best one I have found. Lost it but now have it bookmarked - thanks Khat!
    Nolrog likes this.
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I found this super helpful when doing flags.
    Caell likes this.
  9. Arcos Lorekeeper

PoP flagging was a nightmare and the seer was put in game so that folks could sort out and untangle the mess of pre-flags, flags, post-flags, and hails. Before the seer they would get blocked and tangled to the point you could no longer progress.

The name is Seer Mal Nae`Shi - the clickies in her text are bugged. To sort your flags you must say "unlock memories" (both words together -- not the single clicks in her response to hails) - this should correct hails or flags done in the wrong order. Do this over and over til you get nothing new. Then you say "guided meditation" (this text clickie does work) to get clues to what is missing - comparing those clues to the guides on Alla will tell you which events or hails you are missing. You need to rinse and repeat many times to get to the end of PoP flags.

A dev might be able to sort the entire mess into some sort of achievement list or they might find him huddled unresponsive in a corner mumbling to himself. I would guess that there is not enough time to be found for this project.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I did all this flagging last fall, because of the Artisan's Prize. Never did any of it back in the day. I found the guides (all linked above) to be extremely helpful. And even so, I still screwed up two times (forgot to hail a projection one time, and forgot to drop in the "hole" after another kill - ported out instead). Having these as a resource really does help.

My hat is off to all those who did it when it was new, and had to do it mostly blind.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Agree. I used it many times when Phini was in the POP era.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Although Seer Mal Nae`Shi was put in game to help us out she skips stuff too and is not clear on what step you did/do sometimes and that is why so many folks came up with the other guides. I think if this were put under achievements it would still have holes in it just like Seer Mal does. Perhaps someone should drop the Seer down the hole!
  13. Moege Augur

Or the dev could fire the seer and make it easier e.g

Terris Tule
    hailed xyz in PoT
    killed abc in Torment
    zoned through to Tower
    granted Tower Access by doing above 3 steps

Then players should visually be able to see what they are missing, all these flags is stored just need to get it displayed in a list. Looking at the link above the work has already being done, just needs to be put in achievement list.
  14. Caell Augur

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. -wycca Augur

The popflagparser is what should typically be used for any issues. There's also a website based one that works just as well.

The most likely steps people miss are the hails and a few text triggers in PoTranq ("What Ward" most notably in our guild), as well as some of the hails with Maelin at the end. Also, alot of the zoning in from special zone lines aren't necessary, but I believe a few actually are.