Live Update Bugs 09/20/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Waldagar Augur

There appears to be an issue with timers. For instance, if your merc gets killed and the timer drops down to zero, you still have to wait another minute before you can pop out your merc. Items with click effects have the same issue. They count down to zero, but you still can not use them for another minute or more.
  2. lamsai Journeyman

SK mana regen buff is blocking enchanted sugar cake buff
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

not specifically. It is a low chance. But it can drop from raid 2 or raid 3. Same chance in both raids.
    Exactly.
  4. Gnomius New Member

The TBM Progression quest "The Handmaiden" seems to be bugged. It is instantly failing at the step where one group member must stand on the platform to trigger the quest update. This has happened multiple times. Here are the logs from our latest attempt.

[Thu Oct 05 20:27:43 2017] Your task 'The Handmaiden' has been updated.
    [Thu Oct 05 20:27:43 2017] The one conducting the ritual has moved away from the Statue of Eternity. Your mission has failed.

[Thu Oct 05 20:27:43 2017] The maiden's skull crumbles to dust as the ritual falters.
  5. Gialana Augur

I did this mission once since the previous patch and did not encounter any problems. The platform with the statue moves throughout the event. If you aren't already, make sure you're not standing on it. When I did this mission, the character holding the items was able to start this step in the mission just off the moving part of the platform. That character did not move at all until after all of the waves were killed (the named came on the second to last wave). If you try it again, good luck.
  6. Venaki Elder

It's not a new bug and pretty sure it has been adressed, but for at least two yesrs since now Wizard Claw line will proc detrimental effects like Mancy lines to the caster, not to the mob. Many times if I hadn't merc healer up, I would have died from Pyromancy dot. Please, please, may you repair that?
    kizant likes this.
  7. Kempel Journeyman

Running a LDoN raid - Conqueror of Takish-HIz - The Palace Grounds: 4 times I've had to drop and add quest again. When you get to one of the traps and the "a ravenous insects" spawn (usually 10-15 per trigger), one seems to always get stuck in the wall, can target, can't AoE, can't aggro, can't pull out of the wall, causing the defender to get stuck on the path to the next step. Can't seem to get a successful spawn/path for the insects so the defender moves forward. (3rd attempt got 2 of the 3 defenders to the spot) the other 3 attempts first defender wouldn't budge that was followed.
  8. Lily Augur

My anchor transport devices are once again taking me to an alt's anchors in Sunrise Hills. My anchors are in a guild house.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

I did this mission end of last week for a few of my alts and didn't have any issues.

Is it possible the character did move? I have always put the character doing the ritual right at the end of the ramp by the statue, where you would go down to the next level if that makes sense. Someone else had said something about the statue moving so maybe that's your issue.
  10. svann Augur

If you have a bard you may be able to agro thru the wall using vainglorious shout. Just a suggestion. Bard shout does go thru walls. Has got me in trouble many times.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

Today's popup dialog for "Nights Dead: Nights of the Dead Celebration" instructs you to, "See your achievements page under EverQuest -> Special for details of the content offered during the Nights of the Dead."

Nope. Something written by someone who can't even be bothered to check in-game and realize there is no "Everquest -> Special" category.

Perhaps the message should have pointed to the "Events -> Holiday" category? Although it could be confusing because there is a category for "Events -> Seasonal" and the word SEASON is used in the original dialog?

More coffee would solve this issue I'm sure.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually what happened is someone failed to change existing text when we moved the achievements from EverQuest -> Special to their current location. That message was true when it was created.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Metanis and Sancus like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Can the devs confirm if the new Ornate Silken Bridles are on the loot tables of Sanctus Seru Praesertums (Rhugol, Bikun, Matpa, Vantorus) on Live Servers?
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It appears we have a lockout timer issue:

[Sat Oct 14 20:40:58 2017] Kador cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:58 2017] Kador cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:58 2017] Kador cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:58 2017] Soulslayer cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Soulslayer cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Soulslayer cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Hanadur cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Hanadur cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Hanadur cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Kalanar cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Kalanar cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Kalanar cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Seernie cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Seernie cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Seernie cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Pobear cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Pobear cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Pobear cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Ingersolla cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Ingersolla cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Ingersolla cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls. They must wait another 2D:11H:51M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once Anashti Sul, Enslaver of Souls has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Willoak cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.
    [Sat Oct 14 20:40:59 2017] Willoak cannot be added to this expedition since they have recently experienced High Bokon Boromas. They must wait another 0D:0H:1M until they can experience it again. They may be added to the expedition later, once High Bokon Boromas has been completed.

Waiting 1 minute and trying again did not work.

None of the people listed here have a lockout in their Expedition Window for this raid.

Bertoxx server.

I have more lines in my log with more characters showing the lockout, as well as our several attempts over a few minutes to get this raid. Send me a PM here if you want more info.
  15. Moege Augur

Quest: Methods of Sarnak Destruction
    You can have someone else make the following for you:
    • Cleaned White Dragon Scale
    • Enchanted Meteorite Fragment
    • Enchanted Giant Lymph Node
    • Enchanted Dronan Ore
    • Enchanted Imperial Ore
    • Cleaned Korshan Sarnak Scale
    • Enchanted Ancient Sarnak Bone
    If you transfer the items by trading or parcel vendor you get quest credit, if you transfer it via shared bank you do not get quest credit.
  16. Thrillho Augur

Some veteran rewards are bugged, and have been for a while.

Staunch Recovery is limited by other endurance-regaining abilities, such as the Rest / Breather / Respite / (whatever it is now) line. If you cast Staunch while using Rest, you regain only up to 29% (rk3) endurance instead of the 100%.

I've also noticed Staunch and a few others (the rez one, and lesson) sometimes have cool-down timers on as if I've used them, but I haven't. Mine are located on a non-keyboard-bound hotbar on a second page. They can't be fired with a keyboard and it would take multiple misplaced mouse clicks to use. I know it's not me firing these accidentally. I log in and there's a multi-day cooldown on my staunch sometimes. No one has my account info, so someone else firing these things wouldn't be the answer either.

Intensity of the Resolute can't be reliably used mid-burn. It must be used before anything else. The spell casting for it still gets used so it shows up on parses (multiple times), but it errors out and won't let itself be used.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This would be something general with tasks and shared bank, not specific to this task. Try camping out then back in, or just moving them in your inventory. Something to make it re-check your inventory.
  18. Moege Augur

Unfortunately made the potion before I realized that i did not get credit from taking it out of shared bank, then went and farmed the components again, this time I parceled it.
  19. Rorce Augur

Many times you can hand an item to the wrong NPC (which causes the NPC to hand it back to you) and task will update, giving you credit for having it.
  20. Thrillho Augur

Aura graphics in Atrebe's Vault are bugged. After the Cores spawn, their aura graphics sometimes appear around random players for the remainder of the event. Multiple people can have the same aura.

Was the case before the latest update.