Click items from within bags?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sn00ps, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Darkenr Elder

TL;DR versoin: Tie these QoL changes into only enabled before era if you own all current expansions, OR people just have to wait until it unlocks in its proper era if they don't want to stay up to date on the most current expansions.

I've seen a few other suggestions on monotization in this thread like adding clickie specific inventory slots that can only equip DBStore bought bags, but I'd imagine that would take some serious development time to program in. So why not have these QoL things we're requesting except maybe extended target window tied to owning all current expansions if they haven't unlocked yet in their proper era?

If they are in fact only QoL changes, then it "shouldn't" be an issue of being looked at as P2W element. Of course there'll always be people that'll pick up torches and pitch forks but in the end DBG is here to make money, and I can guarantee you one of the things they've thought about is how to appeal to get players to buy the new expansions even if they only play on TLPs (hence the TLP bags).
  2. Machentoo Augur

Can we please stop suggesting people should have to pay for basic ui interface elements that are only QoL changes... I already bought all the expansions that those things are tied to. Either give it to us early or don't, but don't make us pay a second time for something we already purchased once.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Bing!
    snailish and Prathun like this.
  4. Semah Augur

I'm trying to think of a good search-engine pun, but I'm too tired.
  5. Aziuno Augur

Clicking items from bank is not working on Phinny. Please Fix, Thanks!
  6. Adonhiram Augur

I converted the raw FRAPS footage into a gif and linked the gif, here a link towards the video in avi format (also converted from the raw footage) :

Voir le Fichier : Out_of_bag_clicking.avi
  7. Ethereal Augur

Click from bags please! I'd gladly buy more $$$Bags if I didn't have to have 3-5 freakin inventory slots specifically for clickies during raids. I'm not even counting the fact that I already use the illusion, mount, and familiar keyrings.

Nudge your homie who deals with this and let them know! :)
  8. Ethereal Augur

I don't do it, but you can manually add buffs to block even on TLPs. The feature is there, but the UI element isn't. I'm not 100% sure on the process but there is a file in your EQ folder that deals with buffblocking, you just add the ID to the spell or something (easily gotten from Allakhazam) and you should be good to go.
  9. Ryak Augur

Seems legit. :rolleyes:
  10. Aziuno Augur

Fake news, doesn't work.
  11. Ethereal Augur

Again, I don't use it, just going off what people have posted before.
  12. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

If we could click from bags I also would buy more bags. I already have 2x40 slot and 2x32 slot, but I simply can't afford to lose any base inventory slots currently used for clickies, which already isn't enough.

Also, buff blocking really should just be part of the base game options at this point in time. So tired of clicking off haste and ranger buffs.
  13. Zinth Augur

while we are at it could we please get inventory bag slots 9 + 10? not like it is game breaking, already so much "crap" to loot in game, even with 40 slot bags... they were ADDED because of that issue, just very late... would be very nice to get them earlier since the issue already exists
  14. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Bing! The sound items make when you click them from inside a bag.
    Marek-EQ likes this.
  15. Magic Augur

+1
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This... doesn't parse out. If you have an item with the equip requirement, that supersedes the ability to click it from a bag. Any item which has this requirement would be unaffected by the change we are requesting -- you would still have to get it out of your bag and equip it to click it. For example, this change would not preclude having to equip your mask in Anguish to click it for the OMM fight; you would still have to.

Unless I'm just having a sudden case of acute, temporary amnesia. And if I am, the above is how it should work.

The EoK bundle is currently on sale, and the cheapest one with the Duffel of Dizok (40 slot 100% WR bag, claimable on TLP servers) is $45. I've been tempted to buy it, but I already have 3x 40 slot bags, and I have to keep 3 top level slots open for clickies currently. I'm just not convinced that upgrading one of my 10 slot bags to a 40 slot bag is worth forty five bucks. If I could put those clickies in bags I would have already purchased the EoK bundle.

This stuff has a minimal impact on actual gameplay (whether it's swapping items between bag slots and top level slots, or going without a bag to keep an item permanently in a top level slot), but what it would mean is not having to rummage through my bags or try to maintain item order just to click my DE mask or pop a clarity pot. It would also let me create a hotbar with all of my clickies on it to track them better and actually get more use out of them in-game. That's the definition of a Quality of Life change, and why I/we have been asking for it.

At some point it was decided that this functionality (which more than likely was a limitation of the game engine, not a balancing decision) would be appreciated by players and was turned on for a specific expansion (VoA or RoF according to others in this thread, I can't be bothered to research and confirm, as it's irrelevant) and presumably was locked to that expansion to encourage players to purchase the expansion at the time. As this point it's been years since any of that mattered. Locking this functionality to an expansion isn't making Daybreak any extra money at all anymore, and if anything it's losing them a small amount of money in bag purchases.

I'd love for a dev or really any Daybreak employee with some kind of inside knowledge to give an actual tangible reason for keeping this locked to an expansion, because I have never been able to come up with satisfactorily viable reason myself nor heard one from anyone else.
    Aziuno likes this.
  17. Zapsos Augur

That's what the Illusion keyring is for...
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Are you able to confirm for me that the illusion keyring does indeed work on TLP servers, where this discussion is relevant..?
  19. Cainen Augur

Illusion keyring and mount keyring both work perfectly on Phinny. I would assume its the same for other TLPs

EDIT: So does the familiar keyring(knew I was forgetting one)
  20. Ryak Augur

Which makes those essentially a pay-to-win partial version of click from bags. Fun?!