Click items from within bags?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sn00ps, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The only issue I can see with allowing for click-from-bag early is that it completely invalidates the Potion Belt and the AAs that go along with it.

That said, it really just feels like an archaic restriction that makes early EQ a headache for specific classes.
  2. Raltar Augur

While I really want the extended target window, I really, really want buff blocking. Sick of people casting FoE when I have Bih'li. Stop casting FoE, god damnit!
    Finchy likes this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

How can they argue with this??
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

When can we reasonably expect a comment on these requests? They have been made since at least the beginning of Ragefire, with little to no response from DBG.

I would point out that many players, myself included, would be willing to purchase the ability to click from bags on TLP. Could be rolled into one of the Progression Packages that you currently sell that includes 3 XP potions and a 40-slot bag. Just something to think about.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Can we just require that all Shamans must have a Times Antithesis ornament they cannot remove until AA Turgurs gets implemented. Will really help my immersion that has been robbed by inventory and potentially bag clicking of TA.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

I still use potion belt on live, its easier to have 300 invis potions that way vs hotkeying a single stack.
    snailish likes this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Let's not start down the path of having to pay for ui features, please.
  8. snailish Augur

I can concede the point of "not a simple QoL" for extended target window (I wasn't reflecting on it in a raid perspective), I'd love to see that game changer happen way earlier though... LoY? :)

...and yes, bandolier is another thing that I really miss... again, doesn't have to be in classic, but I'm pretty comfortable with the game being a bit more modern in UI function anywhere after Velious really.

As for people commenting about why Ngreth isn't commenting on specific requests in the thread... it's entirely possible that none of them are under his scope of work to address.
  9. Darchias Augur

Clicking from bag is a game changer too. Without it, you're limited to a specific number of clickies at a time, unless you start wearing things that have worse stats than you could be wearing specifically to use the clicky. I've often equipped my Elder Spiritist's Vambraces instead of wearing my Withered Leather to be able to use the clicky and still have good bag space. That gap will simply grow as I get actually good ARM slot items in Velious.

Adding clicking from bag wasn't a quality of life change, it was a huge buff to people who carry around twenty clickies in their bag and keep two extra bags full of potions. The potion belt was a good compromise that was added eventually before the power curve was ludicrous enough that adding clicking from bags didn't really hurt anything. On Agnarr? It would be, to quote others, a game-changer.
  10. Machentoo Augur

It really isn't hard to have a bag positioned right above some inventory slots in your ui, so you can swap clickies in and out almost instantly. It is a little annoying but it is hardly a game changer to no longer have to do this.
    Funk and snailish like this.
  11. Darchias Augur

It is when you have three bags full of potions and other various clickies. If nothing else, allowing clickies from bags is ten extra inventory slots, since now you can have eight bags instead of seven and still use all your clickies.
  12. Adonhiram Augur

HAHAHA that's excellent, you made my day, brilliant :) Now what will N'greth answer to that...
  13. squidgod Augur

Click from bags will be the hook for the next TLP to get us to do it all over again because it'll be different this time.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Clicking for a special store bought gnomework satchel of endless clickies will be the hook line and sinker. If you buy this amazing bag for only 99$ you to can click with the best of them. But wait if you act within the next 72 hours we will throw in a pair of 10% xp pots but that's not all. For the next 500 customers we will throw in this once in a life time ornament of unlimited uselessness. When equipped on your weapon it will make it appear as if it is unchanged. Yes that's right an ornament that makes your weapon appear in its original form. Don't wait for this is a once in a life time opportunity... Well at least until the next TLP rolls out.
    HoodenShuklak, Chatoyan and Adonhiram like this.
  15. Adonhiram Augur

Actually you don't even need to do the swapping manually anymore, the UI recognizes your bagged clicky if you hotkey it and swaps it for you in some general inventory slot, you just need to drag it out of the bag till where is your hotkey and left click. As an explanation in English might be unperfect, I made a small video which speaks for itself. In this example, I am using clicky Saryrn shield. You'll notice if you watch closely the hotkey blinks shortly the moment I pick the item from the bag (I know I could have set my hotkey closer to my bags as said by you btw, but am used to it now), which is very useful for similar looking items like resist flowers from PoM. /wave, Adon

[IMG]
    Machentoo likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

It is not often any more that I learn something genuinely useful and new on these forums. This qualifies. Thank you.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  17. Silentchaos Augur

IDK what you mean when you put the word client in there but clicking items in bags came out w/ the launch of VoA.
  18. Adonhiram Augur

You are right, I remembered that from my time on the emulation server 'The Imperium' where you had to use the RoF client to be able to use clickies from within bags as opposed to older clients (Titanium,etc.), maybe there was a major UI overhaul shortly before the release of VoA and that's why Steam referred to this client as 'RoF' ?
  19. Zolder New Member

Wish I could see a video link... I don't see one. Can you PM ?
  20. Ryak Augur

I wish you did have a comment on buff blocking, though. Buff blocking is in fact a simple QoL feature. :(