September 2017 Producer's Letter: It's Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

No , it's the new spells listed on Alakazam that have higher required levels than 105, lolz.
  2. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

3. Sancus Augur

4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

lolz indeed!

08/19/2013 - Spell Smoldering Fury first appeared in EQResource Spell Database.
    09/24/2015 - Spell Name changed from 'Smoldering Fury' to 'Smoldering Fury I'
    11/18/2015 - Slot 6 changed from 'Cast: Inner Fire' to 'Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)'
    09/20/2017 - Spell Name changed from 'Smoldering Fury I' to 'Funeral Pyre I'

That much to a "new" spell.
    Do your research more thoroughly or stay shut?
    You're doing noone a favor by introducing rumors or fueling them with half- "evidence".
  5. Cazmac Augur

It's all very well to say that "the vast majority" are playing in the latest expansion and it may well be true but, in order to get to that latest expansion, you have to traverse the previous ones. The enforced power levelling that was introduced some years ago for the lower levels makes savouring this older content impossible and does, in fact, trivialise the content. The obsession with making it to the top as fast as possible can breed an attitude of arrogance and dismissal towards anyone not on the same fast-track. There are exceptions and I've met them: top-level players who use their elevated skills and abilities to help and encourage lowbies, rather than boasting about their gear and their conquests. Long may those players flourish.
  6. Cazmac Augur

More quests....more quests....more quests
  7. segap Augur

I vote for less quests. Stop sending me on boring errands.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They are just correctly pointing out that the AA you linked as evidence has had a 110 level cap limit for a long time now and they have just done some changes with spell effect slots
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. god_bleed New Member

AWESOME EXPANSION! TY!

Plan for eq and eq2

Combine both games.. eq characters can walk into eq2 zones connected to from eq and vice versa.

make a new max level to 150 at least.

20 new zones, no new aa, no crazy balancing till next expansion with new levels, caves,towers.
  10. Dedlee New Member

I agree!! Other then the Spells and AA's, in game there are hints of a level cap increase. Many high level equipment effects state; This bonus will decay on spells over level 110
  11. Dedlee New Member

I completely agree! Returning player here, had to start from scratch after not playing since LoY. In the month or so I have been playing again...very few players, even guild members, have helpee. I have been told left and right, "you just need to level" "Don't even worry about quest or anything, just level until you can group with us high levels"...sorry to say but it is just a game, some people do enjoy the content storyline and flow of a game. A "lowbie" linking a reward they are proud of shouldnt be told it sucks and is worthless because its not as good as a level 100...tell them good job and offer advice on another quest that would be good for THEIR level
    Grove likes this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Adding to my earlier post, I forgot to mention that it is entirely possible that they have been working on the level increase since they started working on EoK but they spread the work out over 2 expansions allowing them to do it right while not straining the limited time and resources they had for either expansion.
    No thanks, have no interested in anything more from EQ2 than we've already gotten. Also, a level jump of that much is just not feasible.
    Sounds like you have crappy guild mates. As for other players, you cannot expect other players with no connection to you to make a point of helping you level or giving you things. Sure there are some people who will help, but most of the time that is after you have shown that you are serious about coming back and not just here for a week then going away again.
    As for linking the rewards, rarely have seen anyone criticized or teased because a quest reward wasn't modern level standards; unless maybe it is the result of a quest that was simple even when it was current.
    Expecting people to just freely give quests for your level range (PoP-LoY-LDoN era) is also expecting a bit much. For most of us those quests are more than 10 years in our past with newer ones supplanting them. We might remember that there were 3 or 4 quests we did one after the other, but when doing them current we might have gained 5-10 levels in the course of doing them. Or others might have started playing in the TSS era and never did any of those quests instead just following what is now the Hero's Journey for those levels.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. god_bleed New Member

Actually a huge level jump is what eq needs and players always go gold for.. look at the past sub trends I am sure level expansion bring people back.. if you combine both games you cut cost oberall after the merge is complate. Onve the games are merged you bring both game players double the content then make both games have a new mayching max level of 150. The balancing will play out from both games in the levels. It will be huge..it would be fun for all to complete eq 2 content with an eq 1 character.. and the other way.. imagine if baybreak could focus on one eq expansion with alot more available options.. it maybe hard for some to visualize but this could be a game evolution and could be a trend that could start with respect to other online games.. and if you play eq and dont want to play eq 2 or vice versa guess what dont play in the other content seems easy enough..
  14. god_bleed New Member

Add in everquest online also if ya can.. these are the ideas that open peoples minds.. just like the retro servers get people playing again.. always so hard for people to understand change, progression, and orginal thought gl.. Everbody loves eq give then what they want levels and content!!
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

EQ needs some "fresh wind", not the constant reuse of former content and models.
    EQ does *not* necessarily need new levels, much less a HUGE "level juimp".
    How absurd is that notion anyways?
    If you think about it for even just a second, you'd notice yourself how many EXPANSIONS that can currently be gained XP in will be grey after a "huge level jump".
    So your goal would be to force people all into one expansion then?

People come back for all kinds of reasons - the reason you give is but one of many and applies only to some of them.
    For example:
    While i was absent for many years, there were MANY expansions with level increases.
    NONE of them "brought me back".
    Nostalgia did.
    And old friends still playing "made" me stay for longer than initially planned.
    The current level, the expansions since or the current one.. all were of no consequence for that decision.

Why would anyone even think about combine two games that share nothing but a common trademark and parts of the "lore"?
    EQ2 even uses a different engine, and let's not even start about their whacko classes or their mis-classification of Gnomes as "neutral" and Froglocks as "Good" even when both are evil and vile.
    Nothing matches, there are no synergies in-game.
    The idea is none.
  16. nantalbus Elder

If we just to 110 in levels just HOT/VOA/ROF which at 105 still give some sort of xp, would become useless. COTF would be a toss up as the regular mobs might be to low for any half way good xp. But even if the HA stayed at level 105 max they would still be good xp for 110. TDS/TBM/EOK are all ment for 105 content so these would still be good for 110 to go xp in. And out of those 6 exp COTF(HA moslty) TDS TBM EOK are where the most of the upper level people hang out anyways. So a jump to 110 would be no difference.

Now you start going higher then a 5 level increase and you cut it down a little more. But the most I could see would be 10 level max increase and even then all the 105 zones would still give xp to people.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't think that is technically feasible, the 2 games are very different, even if there is a slight overlap in the lore department.

It would also be a balancing nightmare...:eek:
    They probably have different degrees of stat-inflation... Mundane spells in one game might be extremely overpowered in the other game, etc....

Merging Eq1 with Planetside and adding ship-to-ship combat, on the other hand...:p
    svann likes this.
  18. svann Augur

Right now anything below CoTF is considered worthless at 105 because of the xp nerf that hits when you ding 101. CoTF HAs will most likely scale to 110, since when we got to level to 105 the HAs did scale with us. So really not much change. TBM/TDS/EOK may be a little worse because they will be blue.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

He wasn't speaking about the usual 5levels, if you re-read what he wrote.
    How would a level 108 mob /con to a level 150?
    Consider this, THEN answer - not the other way around.
  20. Stumphobbler Elder

I have been away fron EQ fir a while. Do you still get a free month when you buy an xpac?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.