[agnarr] Emergency Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by an_ogre_monk00, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxarale Journeyman

Maybe you are just playing the wrong game?
    I sense much anger in you young An_Ogre_Monk00...
    You are aware that Velious doesn't really change much right? The main thing to do is time sink farm mats for shawl or ring...
    The raid targets will all die in two or three raid days...
    Luclin is different how?
    PoP is different how?

There are timesinks on everything in this game and the raids are all doable in 2 to 3 nights a week...

Not sure what the point is except to be condescending and ?
  2. Renshu Augur

You might want to consider the current transfer rules:
    • Agnarr (TLP) - There are no transfers on or off this server.
    • Phinigel (TLP) – Restricted. You may transfer off to normal servers but you may not transfer to Phinigel.
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230627407-EverQuest-Character-Transfer-Instructions
  3. lobos Journeyman

Aww you cant handle kunark raiding? Velious will be even worse especially if you do open world.. youll do open nTOV every 2 days, and every other 2 days youll do open PoG, and in between that youll do instanced PoG and instanced nToV, while also competing for dozekar OW, zlandicar OW, dain OW, yelinak OW, and then doing those in the instances. And then AOW and KT OW plus instances, while you do ring wars, farm phara dar still, and farm sleepers before it gets awoken.
  4. Trident Elder

I
    I'd expect that to change as soon as the server comes to an end on expansion releases. That's basically telling people to cancel their subs otherwise.
  5. KPW99 Lorekeeper

Then why are these people playing on this server? This is literally the point of agnarr
    Jaxarale, Renshu and Aziuno like this.
  6. Aziuno Augur

I am confused.. Why did you guys even join this server?
    I thought you wanted to enjoy the no MOTM LDON's for 18 years?
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

8. Renshu Augur

DBG - "Server will be PERMANENTLY locked in PoP era"

Randoms - They have to offer a way out, OMG

Me - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  9. Risiko Augur

If it follows the pattern of p99 (which it should seeing as a content-locked server is basically p99) which means that over the years, people will play up a character to max going through all of the raid content, and then create a new character to do it again. Then another character to do it again. Then another character to do it again.

The server should end up with most people having multiple characters of various classes at max level with BiS raid gear.

It's a different mind set than regular EQ because the end goal of regular EQ is to be prepared and ready for the next expansion to come out. The end goal of a content-locked EQ experience is to have played through all of the content on multiple different classes. It's similar to how we used to play through single player RPGs like SSI's Pools of Radiance, the Ultima series, and the Final Fantasy series. We played through multiple times to try different things.

This is a new concept for most EQ fans. It will be interesting to see how the average EQ player handles it when Agnarr locks after Lost Dungeons of Norrath.
  10. Trident Elder

It has zero to do with why people joined the server and everything to do with keeping people from cancelling their subs. Daybreak isn't going to deny transfers to other servers when the server inevitably gets to this point. There's zero reason, financially, to deny the population that choice.
  11. Trident Elder

The server will still be there for the people that want to continue running that content over and over up until they decide it's not worth the server resources.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Highly unlikely that xfers to Phinny will ever be available, since Agnarr has/had faster XP than Phinny.

At any rate, why would you bother gearing up in time gear before xfering to Phinny (if that becomes an option?) By the time you will be in PoTime, the easily available group gear on Phinny will blow Quarm gear out of the water.
  13. Renshu Augur

I'm glad to see that people with poor reading comprehension skills read the forum.

CURRENT transfer rules.
  14. Jaxarale Journeyman

This exactly, it is like some people here do not or can not understand that this is what people are doing here...

I see post after post of people being straight heads on here and the simple fact is THEY can not fathom people enjoying a completely different EQ experience than they do and since they can not wrap their small minds around anything but what THEY define and "real" EQ...

The server will fail! You asked for it and you will hate it! Why would you even play on a server like this! The server has a death date! Blah blah blah blah...

Fun tip for the clowns here... there are a BUNCH of people that do not play the way you do or think the way you do!
  15. AgentofChange Augur

Welcome to EverQuest friend
  16. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Spending the quantity of in-game time required to level to 65 on slow- xp server. It will be bad enough to have to catch them starting at 65, but i'd rather start at 65 with a bunch of AAs decent gear, some plat and a bevy of utility characters and alts already leveled up. I would not even bother starting from scratch.

I have chosen to believe that DBG will change the no transfer policy when faced with massive sub loss that I have absolutely no doubt will occur unless they offer us something better. I'm OK with the risk here because I haven't done everything there is to do in velious and luclin, not everyone is. However at this point I'm questioning if this server will make it to PoP before it dies out.

Kunark is boring, let's end the era. Or just go straight to LDoN and put this "eternity of LDoN" theory to the test.
    Machentoo likes this.
  17. Polekn Augur

That server did not last long. Fippy is consistently higher population now. So much for post PoP EQ being bad.
  18. Eratii New Member

Agnarr's population will hit extreme highs when Luclin and PoP go live since thats the content p99ers and long time nostalgia goers really want to sink their teeth in.
    Velious ( and Kunark) are terrible for Agnarr bc all the p99 population is very tired of these xpacs and are mostly interested in acquiring stuff that no longer drops as they bid their time for the new content. Its easy to get bored of Kunark with the terrible VP quest that yields a dungeon whose upgrades dont last 1 week into Velious.

Luclin will be a good time on Agnarr but soon as LDON locks the fun ends :(
  19. tuttles Augur

early unlocks arent going to happen ( atleast intentionally :rolleyes: ) -- every expansion is going to have a dropoff 4-6 weeks in, early unlocks would hasten the death of the server... which i'm guessing for most guilds on agnarr will begin ~3rd/4th time clear or pretty much after the first time you run an LDoN raid

dont think they'll relax transfer rules --> they'd rather you reroll on their next TLP (probably an event server that will drop when yall are in dog days of velious)... then announce a new TLP shortly after you guys hit PoP

maybe yall will get lucky you'll get the choice between brekt the event server graveyard or staying on agnarr (which up until 1 month ago was hailed at the best most populated server ever created)
  20. Silinius Augur

LOL at OP; try killing Trakanon 187 times in 6 month unlocks then come back here to complain. You're barking up the wrong tree sir.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.