[agnarr] Emergency Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by an_ogre_monk00, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

I am requesting that we immediately put to a vote the option to roll out velious earlier: like say, tomorrow. Kunark has given us that authentic, classic EQ experience we all remember: it is really boring. We're burnt out on Seb. We've cleared hate & fear so many times that they are burned into our retinas. The dragons, what few there are, die weekly. The things that we haven't done, that we could conceivably do, we won't do because of item farmers and libertarians blocking camps. So we just aren't logging in.

Presently only half the guild logs in on raid nights, down from 3/4 two weeks ago. On non-raid nights we're lucky to get a dozen people. By November 8, the game is going to consist of mage bots and those super casuals who somehow still haven't hit level 30, and not that many of them.

We're in a state of emergency, let's put this to a vote and get the hell off kunark before it destroys us.
  2. Zapsos Augur

If Agnarr can't stand a few weeks of Kunark how exactly will it survive endless months of LDoN?!
    Renshu likes this.
  3. Djonas New Member

Voting no..
    But does not matter DB will stick to the plan..
  4. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Obviously it won't, but that's ok, there's enough to keep people logging in if we can make it to PoP at least. After that it's doomed. Right now though, I'm not sure we're going to make it even that far.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

Take a deep breath bud. Breath in, Breath out. Slowly. Slowly. There you go. It's gonna be ok, it's gonna be ok.
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Kiaro Augur

Oh man, if you think this is boring as hell, wait until you actually get to planes of power and sans VPish type key quest clear the Xpac in 2 nights.
    Punchu likes this.
  7. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

I am actually counting on that. If we don't clear PoP in 2 nights then we will never clear PoP. I just want us to make it to PoP. The bar is really low here.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I think you drastically overestimate the amount of content in PoP once your guild has access to Time.

Without Gates to look towards there's really no reason to do any raids from the elemental tiers and below after the first few weeks of mold farming so you will be doing Time clears once a week and maybe 1-2 nights of LDoN raids when that comes out.

Welcome to Agnarr
  9. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

No, I don't think I am. I am assuming that people will gear up in Time and transfer off the server once they get bored. Probably to Phinny, unless DBG gives us a better option.

I am assuming very few people care about LoY or LDoN.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

Agnarr will be a graveyard within six months of PoP launch. Maybe sooner.
  11. Gremin Augur

Wow, try 6 months of every expansion then come asking.
    Xanadas likes this.
  12. Renshu Augur

If Agnarr had launched at the same time as Phinny, I may have chosen Agnarr for nostalgic reasons. After playing through six months of PoP/LDoN on Phinny, and more importantly the superior raid content past PoP that I had never played before, I'm glad there wasn't an Agnarr when I was choosing!
    Punchu and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  13. Drakkal Elder

No....and HELL NO!!

Half the issue guilds are having atm IS because the opening of Velious is hovering over head. People have the mentality of "Why would I go raid VP, Velious will be out in a few weeks with better gear", instead of enjoying time in game questing, interacting with others. Placing the goal posts even closer will make people even less inclined to log in and help other. You instant gratification, I must be entertained with new content at all times, types are exactly whats wrong with MMOs.

I disagree that this server is doomed, what is apparent thou is that its is going to go through a major thinning of people that should of never been on it in the first place. Why would so many of you that insist on racing through content, cannot be bothered to log in once you have gotten the gear you want, even consider playing on Agnarr? There are plenty of us that play for more then the "me, me, me" aspect and log in for the interaction with other players and working the game in other directions. Those people that stop logging in after a couple weeks of the opening of an expansion are the people your guild needs to weed out, they are dead weight that will not be around beyond getting what they want.
    MBear and Jaxarale like this.
  14. Zefirus Journeyman

I am enjoying the pace. My Rogue has completed all Kunark Content and quests and now I am leveling my necromancer.. vastly different experience compared to a rogue.. almost feels like a different game. 12 weeks seems great for having two characters... though I do not box so I do the progression in serial. I may move the necro to a new account once 60 for Velious.
  15. Fhiele Augur

I'm happy to keep playing in Kunark. the loot is "meh", but I keep earning DKP I can use on real loot next expansion.
  16. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

Yes, everyone is wrong. On all MMOs. You are our one true visionary, there to show us the unmitigated joy of collecting 1000 goblin skins and turning them in for faction. Because that wasn't a blatant time sink from a time when there was no more content, that was holy scripture left for our entertainment.

I do enjoy a good circle jerk. Like forming a raid of 30 people at the bottom of kaesora waiting for a particular vampire to pop every 24 minutes so that we can kill him instantly and steal his knives. And those are the well behaved people.

Or hanging around Droga spawn killing each and every goblin who has ever lived so that we can skin him. Lots and lots of fun there, I cannot possibly imagine why we don't want to log in and do that.

Writing this post made me not want to log in tonight.
  17. AgentofChange Augur

Then don't log in.
  18. Drakkal Elder

So then why do you log in? It's no different in Velious, Luclin and PoP, may be more raid targets, but otherwise its the same old EQ mechanics(grind this, collect that).

I think you missed the point of my response, if you are that easily bored, if the lack of new content makes you not want to log in, why in the world would you sub to Agnarr a locked server? It's not like it is all a surprise that this is the type of content you would encounter, unless you are knew to EQ.
  19. Dilligaff New Member

Well I have not been logging on much the last week or so because I am having too much fun with Divinity original sin 2. Soon as I am done will be back in EQ
  20. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

You answered your own question.

To answer the larger question of why are many of us here: Agnarr was starting at a time when we wanted to go back to EQ. The viable choices were: Agnarr, Phinny or Live.

Phinny has very slow xp and was on LDoN. That sounds horrible, LDoN was a train wreck the first time around.

Live has very fast xp, but most of us have no idea what happened after PoP. The game is totally changed. I'd like to get in to it, I see a lot of positive changes, but it's pretty inscrutable.

Then there's Agnarr: faster xp, a good levelling population. It's doomed of course, that is writ large. But it gets us to PoP, lets us go to Phinny and skip LoY/LDoN. Downside is we will miss OoW/GoD and I guess the next two, whatever they are. It seems like the lesser of three evils. Only 2 months in to Kunark and everyone is so bored to tears that they'd rather watch football.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.