Suit of hero's forge armor?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Maedhros High King

Why is it that when I right click any of the hero's forge armor suits the "object preview" window opens and all I get is a message that says "no item preview available".
    This is just disappointing.
    I really should be able to see my character there with the entire suit of armor on..
    Lets take some dev time away from fixing ridiculous hunter ACH for level 20 newbie zones to make this happen please!
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Because the suit isn't a wearable/placeable item and therefore has no graphic to preview?
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is the reason :/ The game itself doesn't have the concept of a suit. The "suit" is a design/player concept.
    None of this means we don't WANT a "suit" concept to work. It only means that currently, the technology does not allow for it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

In that case, how about following:
    Way it works now: I Alt-Rclick on boots ornament, it pops up window showing my current look except boots are changed. But if I now Alt-Rclick a shield ornament, it shows me with that shield, by reverts my boots.
    Can it be done so when I click another ornament, it does not cancel previous preview. So I can click boots then shield and preview will show me with both.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Try searching for the Suit on ZAM, many of them have full-suit turnaround screenshots now.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Still a code change. Why do it halfway when we should just do it the correct way when we start the coding?
    Now, when we start that code change, perhaps adding what you say as a general thing is a good idea. Like EQ2 have a reset that resets you to default, but otherwise, the looks just replace what you click and not a full reset every time (like now).
    Leigo, Maedhros, Nniki and 1 other person like this.
  8. Zaph Augur

I wish we had a ornament inventory instead of augmenting items, then I wouldnt have to ask for old weapons to be made into ornaments
    Risiko and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Sissruukk Rogue One

I do have to give it to WoW, they finally set it up to where you can unlock old armor/weapon models just by looting the item, then applying it to your current armor/weapon for an in-game cost. After you unlocked the model, you can just delete the item.

I also like SWTOR and LOTRO's outfit tabs, where you can set outfits and just select the tab to change your entire look without having to swap out each individual piece. FTP start with 1, All-Access start out with 2-3 tabs, buy more from DB store would be a good idea.
  10. Nniki Augur

11. Risiko Augur

Unfortunately, that doesn't make them money, so I doubt you will ever get that option.
  12. Prathun Developer

It looks like we can attach a visual to the suit of armor so that it can be previewed, but it'd only show one of the 7 pieces of the suit (like the chest), and on top of that the implementation is kinda janky because the suit would need to have at least one equippable slot specified on it before it'll preview.
    Probably best to pursue a clean code solution in the future.
    Nniki and Maedhros like this.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Probably easier to dress NPCs in The Nexus, Bazaar, or Shadowhaven with each suit of armor.
  14. Scorrpio Augur

I still think best option would be ability to preview multiple ornamets at once (where clicking on the next ornament does not reset previously clicked ones). A fair number of people assemble outfits by individual ornaments, not as a whole suit.
    Once above is implemented, suit preview would just be a natter of iterating through the included ornaments and applying them to the preview.
  15. Zapsos Augur

A new use for Shadowrest? Fashion show-rest!
  16. Drewie Augur

Combine this with a Convoluted Assistant Appearance Augmentater and you could have an accurate idea of what you would look like wearing the suit. Since this item probably only works in Guild Halls, a similar item could be implemented that would only work on those Suit NPCs and change them to look exactly like the caster.
  17. Leigo You come here often?

Yes! That is a great idea. I'd rather wait and be able to do both then having an incomplete system.
  18. Feznik Elder

There's a easier workaround for for previewing ornaments, but it requires that the ornament have already been discovered on your server. My guess is 99% of the ornaments are tradable so this method will work 99% of the time.

1) Goto bazaar
    2) bring up the /buyer window
    3) search the ornament piece you want
    4) it will bring up the ornament in the "items to buy" subwindow
    5) now right click the ornament and use the usual preview method

Note: This is also the best way to link tradable items if you don't have the item in your possession.