Level 70 (XI) potions impossible to create on progression?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Level 65 HoT Potion

Level 65 Clarity Potion

Originally added to Lucy in a July 2005. PoR was a February 2006 launch. So you are correct, they were vendor buyable before PoR (DoN). But become craftable through the Alchemy revamp in PoR.

Still doesn't mean they should be craftable on any server right now. But they should become available via vendors in DoN and the TS recipes should be enabled in PoR.

Had I dug a little deeper I would've found this page:
    EQTraders 2007

And at this point you can only make or buy the 65 Potions. The 70+ don't appear until 2008

Level 70 Clarity Potion
    Chatoyan and Ryak like this.
  2. taliefer Augur

i read this as they were added seperate from any expansion, which means they were added for balancing purposes and should therefore be left in.

people need to get off the concept that these servers are like p99 with stuff added in as it was on the original timeline. they arent. they arent exact recreations of how EQ used to be, and they never will be. cherry picking what to apply that logic to and what not to apply it to simply leads to different kinds of imbalances.
    Dadcop and Ryak like this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Balancing purposes for the era ya. But having them available as early as Kunark is dumb.

The NPCs that sell the vendor versions of these aren't in, just like the vendored rogue poisons aren't in, which were also introduced in an effort to balance the class. Which signals to me they felt it was worth their time to flag the vendor NPCs out of era as it posed a balance issue in early expansions. The fact that alchemists could still make them at this point is likely an oversight.
  4. taliefer Augur

the rogue poison thing kinda speaks to my point. once people got past the initial shock "OMG BIG DD ON A MELEE" and actually looked at the parses, the poisons actually put rogues where they should have been during PoP. meanwhile other dps increases stayed. theres a reason the poisons were added as a balancing thing, but they took them away on progression servers.

the devs picking and choosing what to take out of progression servers doesnt actually fix anything. it just changes where the imbalances are. i wish theyd stop messing with things unless they have the time to go and do a full on balancing of progression servers, which will likely never happen.

as it is they just take stuff away that doesnt fix anything, and just makes the servers less fun.
    Silentchaos and Genoane like this.
  5. Aziuno Augur

Give us buff block! I know it's overpowered and will break all classes!
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Maybe less fun to you. But not to everyone.

As a priest it's nice being relied on to keep people alive in groups and raids through AEs. Enchanters have even more value in groups when you can't simply pop a Clarity potion... not that they need the assistance if there are charmable mobs of course!

But it's up to the developers. Based on their decision to make the vendors not appear until DoN I think it's safe to say they don't want the distillates in until then.
  7. Punchu Augur

Go cry about it more. *drinks delicious healing distillate*
    Qelyn1 likes this.
  8. Aziuno Augur

This alone could cause more strain / demand for healers, and end up causing more issues with guilds being able to clear content if they are relying more on healers... I am not saying that this is the end result, but it is a whole eco system that will be thrown out of whack if they are removed.

Besides, I thought Druids/Shammy liked being DPS now with their new dots =P
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Thank you.
    Thanks for digging this up, it will help decision-making when I do get to this.

I created an internal ticket as well, linking to this information and the Tracker ticket.
  10. Erydanadyre Journeyman

Yes, because after Ragefire/Lockjaw, Quarm, Phinigel and Agnarr, the devs have now just realized that out-of-era distillates were available all along.

They can hot-fix real issues in a pinch, like out-of-era drops in Velks but somehow, they were not aware of commonly made alchemy potions that can be found by the hundreds by simply opening the bazaar window.
  11. Miena Elder

So this is the RIP alc thread eh? Someone get a tombstone ready and put it next to research.
  12. Nekromancy Elder

I guess this also means they will be taking away the potions in the daybreak store?
  13. Tserothen Journeyman

this whole thread is a joke right
  14. Snomie Elder

So basically OP was trying to get devs to add out of era ingredients for level 70 pots we shouldn't even have yet (to be "consistent") and has instead resulted in them looking at possibly removing pots entirely until DoN?

Genius.
  15. Aziuno Augur

Think he said it best.

Boo!
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I think the strength of everything on Phinigel should be 4 - 6 times it's original strength, since we're unlocking expansions 4 - 6 times faster than they originally released.

Can we get the HoT pots doubled in strength maybe?

The better the pots are the more players will be reliant on each other, too. Especially on shamans.
  17. Darallan Elder

18. Ryak Augur

Eh, potion availability is all over the freaking place. I wouldn't mind some consistency one way or the other. I trust Ngreth's judgment at this point.

Besides, Phinny will be in DoN before anything changes...so

[IMG]

To be fair, research was a knee-jerk reaction, which Ngreth specifically said he wants to avoid, so there's a decent chance we get a reasonable outcome from this.
  19. Kahna Augur

Let's just hope fixing it will be a multi-day project, cause there is no time for those.
  20. Ckador Augur

Should leave in stuff like this and just scale it properly. Same thing with tradeskill items, maybe revamp focus effects on all items 60 and below and move them around on different items a bit. It keeps the game interesting.