New Expansion Announcement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Sep 18, 2017.

1. McDougal Augur

Frag Doll Cadette You say?
  2. Maedhros High King

The Riou is very punny like that.
    Class-centric tradeskilled armor, rather than culture-centric.
    Possibly each individual class but I doubt it. They have usually had multiple classes on the cultural gear.
    So I would guess the class archetypes rather than your race.
    War Pal Shd Bard Cleric would be plate style possibly.
    War Ran bard for kickies maybe.
    Cle Dru Shm for priests potentially.
    I think you could infer clues from the Glowing Seb gear from HH Old Seb over the summer as it was designed the same as EOK group or raid armor that would transform into an item of a single class of the user, the Glowing Seb instead had several classes including the class of the user.
  3. Riou EQResource

I was just having fun with the fact that a bit of (probably) Expansion Tradeskill stuff was pushed live, you can see them on the TS merchants at small bank, there are Emblem of X's on the Smithing and Tailoring NPC's, and each one uses a Classes symbol/icon

They could also be anything too though, like maybe it's back to the older armor making style where you combine a generic armor piece + your class emblem to make your armor this time instead :)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Zvenn and Maedhros like this.
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

if it's per class instead of pure race this time around, at least it would still work with the charm that improves per slot of class-specific armor
    Maedhros likes this.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Level increase or not (I have no comment to give you on this), as far as I am concerned, even though I had a huge hand in it, Cultural is dead. There are many reasons, some that some people will like, some people will hate, and some people will understand. It's not important why. I try not to say *never* because things change all the time, but at this time I do not plan to bring it back.

You guys are on a good guessing trend here, even though I'm giving you no more information than this comment :)
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Damn, I always really liked your cultural.
  7. fransisco Augur

I suppose its quite possible there will be no level cap.
    From looking at the posts, they are making a full set of new tradeskill stuff (like if there was a level increase). So I made that assumption.
    Time will tell if they announce the lvl later, or are just updating all tradeskill stuff
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Or just including tradeskills in the expansion as I (we) think they should be.
    It's not the massive amount in the past with the way cultural worked, but it's still a respectable amount and I wanted to be sure every tradeskill has a part. No level increase, or with a level increase, I (we) like for tradeskills to have a place. My general target this time was to have a gear tier covered by tradeskills, and a gear tier is useful with or without a level increase. I hope to be able to keep this general plan in the future and iterate on it.
  9. Versifier Elder

Expansion 25 confirmed?! Ngreth has the best stealth leaks...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you. I have been playing EQ for awhile now and your efforts are hugely appreciated. We met years ago and you were very friendly about discussing the game.
    fransisco and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I know it would be a massive undertaking but I would love to see the tradeskill system get an overhaul. Even with "make all" added it is still a huge and tedious time sink so I have refused to touch it to do any of the quests tied to it such as the merc slots, the shawl aug or the artisan's prize.

I think most of the player base is 35+ and generally we just don't have 8-10 hours a day to devote to EQ like we did 10-15 years ago. Something to consider anyway. Thanks for what you have done and what you continue to do to keep this great game alive.
  12. roguerunner Augur

I still feel like they missed a giant arc where they could've brought in mr Seru for revenge on katta now that he's alive
  13. segap Augur

I really hope you're keeping in the real spirit of tradeskills and making recipes for people that enjoy doing them to sell items to those that don't. If you're doing something whereby all the characters I play have to tradeskill to get upgrades (no drop mats or results), I'll likely become a very nonfunctional drunk.

New tradeskill items are great for the over all game. Requiring people to do tradeskills for quests or gear, horrible.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Drogba like this.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

level increase or not, hoping that the Breather line gets a boost
  15. Cleaver Augur

It's sad really you can't win level increase or not people wont like either decision. But if beta is weeks away saying there is a level increase now will only help people who don't want one get over it before beta starts.
  16. smash Augur

Level increase or no level increase, people will buy it, inside themselves they have already decided it., due to addiction.

The only people who might not buy it atm, will be those that got nerfed, but going a bit of time, they will likely buy it after all.
  17. kizant Augur

Well, I can't imagine anyone who'd prefer no level increase to care all that much. There's lots of ways to accomplish the same thing. That's kind of our whole point. It's not THAT big of an annoyance to get new focuses, etc.

But people who think a level increase is somehow required or they're gong to lose out on something? They're already crazy so who knows what they'd do.
  18. smash Augur

A good thing with level increase is a bunch of new spells where cost/effect is balanced out from what amount of hps/mana has now. NOT out from what people had at end of COTH.

I think people got close to twice the amount now. Not a good way to balance mobs/raid events.

However I am sure raid items likely to have 6800-7000 hps, grp items 5300 if items follow pattern.

Pretty sure the length of raid events also increase when people can in theory fight longer before going out of mana.
  19. svann Augur

I agree in spirit with this post, but hasnt the horse already left the barn on that? Too many have max tradeskill at this point to really be something you can trade on.
  20. kizant Augur

But they did just spent the past year+ reducing the amount of mana everyone has to work with. Whether it's AAs that cost mana, QM changes, bard nerfs, etc. Plus they've added dicho/alliance spells that use a ton of mana. Basically, they've been account for that in other ways. Even little things like not having an EOK belt that's worth using for casters factors in to that. Adding new spells would make their job a lot easier in that sense but I don't think it's been ignored and you have to factor everything in not just spells and current max hp/mana based on equipment available.
    gotwar likes this.