Issues with Anguish Expedition

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Name Police New Member

2. Vile One New Member

I think you're missing the obvious difference here:

Anguish is now unavailable to an entire server because of your guild's ineptitude.

This fix was only put into place because one guild (OGC) failed at a very simple and well known mechanic.

Your post is incredibly tacky and puts you and your guild in an even worse position due to this. Its almost like you want your guild to be hated and slowly die.
  3. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

I guess the Vile One lives up to his name. Sadly, he also didn't realize that the issue had been repaired before he replied such a nasty post. I'm not sure why you think this whole situation is OGC's fault. It isn't you know. They reported a bug, an issue, just like people do all the time. There WAS an issue. So the Devs decided to fix it. Unfortunately, that fix broke the ability to enter the zone at all, because the dev that fixed it, didn't double check his fix or make sure that the zone-in would work before he finished and pushed the patch through. Don't blame the Dev's mistake on OGC, his mistake isn't their fault. Don't be an .

I for one, do not blame OGC for this, though they had some issues, anyone could have had those same issues, even if you claim it is a well known mechanic/issue, whatever, it still needed to be fixed and so they reported it so maybe, in the future, it won't cause issues for anyone else along the line.

So Vile One? Get your stick out of your butt on this one, and let the responsibility for the issue lay solely where it belongs, the developer who attempted to fix the problem in the first place, and hopefully got it right this time.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  4. Prathun Developer

This appears to be resolved now. Multiple instances of Anguish are up and populated.
    Please let us know if you notice anything odd occurring with Anguish flagging. Thanks!
  5. Jaera Augur

Hi Prathun, at the risk of you touching this some more, the 85/15 push rule is not working....
  6. Machentoo Augur

Are you trying to push people who have not completed the signets portion? That won't work.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

The original post as a result of our flagging issue, which was confirmed to be a bug as it never fired the achievement for us here as it should of. In good faith, we expected it to work, as they did for us on Fippy. It didn't, it was confirmed that it was a bug. The second part of the post was to inform other guilds of said issue, to prevent anyone else from experiencing what we did.

I understand there's a good chunk of angst - some people simply don't like any form of competition, and try to demean all aspects of that. Perhaps you should direct the discontent about the matter to people that were well aware of the bug on Quarm and failed to report it.

We're glad Anguish was fixed in a timely manner here. Good luck to everyone in Anguish!
  8. Dilligaf New Member

It's letting people in that have MPG and Signets done, but it's not letting people WITH signets be 85'd in WITHOUT MPG trials.
  9. Prathun Developer

Verified. Looking into a fix.
    Edit: I believe this is fixed internally.
    This is hotfixable with a repop of Wall of Slaughter.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Full patch or can this be hot fixed?
  11. Dilligaf New Member

Still no dice, after camping out and back in. I don't know if that's helpful or not *puts on Ralph Wiggum Mask*
  12. Vile One New Member

Those people includes quite a few of your current guild members. Thank you for admitting fault here.

Sorry you lost, again. Maybe your people won't leave you in the dark next time.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You keep saying "bug" but: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-raid-trials-achievement.243800/#post-3582724

14. Machentoo Augur

NoWay likes this.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I took it as he was going to "fix" it so that it was easier for people to complete and a bit more intuitive, not that he thought the flagging process itself was broken.
  16. Sarepean Lorekeeper

In the words of Ngreth and, more importantly, Prathun, page 6, post 4. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...gel-mpg-raid-trials-achievement.243800/page-6

I'm not 100% sure what axe you're trying to grind or what you feel like you gain in doing so, but I've bolded the relevant area of a later response from Ngreth. The event had a bug that caused the achievement not to fire. Rather than fixing the event, they changed the achievement to no longer require the 7th flag that was given by the event script.

Clearly, OGC bears the responsibility for their flagging situation originally (even with the confirmed bug, since this process seems to have been bugged the same way on Test and there was a workaround that could have/should have been discovered there); Anguish having been broken, though--- that one belongs to the developers.

And since senior members of AoS and other guilds have posted here that they knew about this confirmed bug and workaround, shame on you for not reporting it. These situations could have been avoided if the guilds on Phinigel had put the extensive testing your guilds do to work for someone other than just yourselves. Food for thought as you test the next expansions.

Thank you Prathun and team for getting this solved so quickly.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

If certain guilds spent half the time actually testing content instead of testing how many ways they can exploit each expansion this wouldn't have even been necessary.
    Renshu likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Missed the edit by 1 minute.

Didn't even realize this was a bug anyway. You know how you flag for Qvic right? You click out of Kod'taz into Natimbi and back in to Kod'taz and it finalizes the flag. Same deal for Anguish.
    Vile One likes this.
  19. KPW99 Lorekeeper

A bunch of AoS also shared this with a ton of people from other guilds during the Quarm event server
    Vile One likes this.
  20. Vile One New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.