Why is this guy still around?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Madae, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Madae Elder

Agnarr is one of a kind. People play there because of what it has to offer (near infinite classic experience). You can't just pickup and go somewhere else, especially when a lot of the other progression servers are much farther ahead and not even remotely the same thing anymore.

You can't do this, though. Soon as a new pick opens up, he jumps over, kills the mob, and starts a timer for the new one, too.
  2. Sinjax Darknasty New Member

Well folks looks like the problem has been officially solved..

On August 28th- I made a petition and called the GMs out for not enforcing the PnP..here is the PnP listed as of that day.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.
    Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:
    o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.
    o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.
    o Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).
    o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).
    o Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).

NOW check out when the new PnP (yes folks its been updated) was posted
    1. Help Home
    2. EVERQUEST
    3. In-Game
    EVERQUEST RULES OF CONDUCT

August 28, 2017 20:13

YEP look there August 28th. Now check out the NEW PnP POLICY!

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to:

o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.
    o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.)

ALL Camp Stealing and Training was covered 100% in Section 3 of the Play Nice Policy folks.

DBG REMOVED 3 of the Policies that every single one us agreed to and we all enjoy the game based on those rules. DBG comes in and changed the rules on us folks. Now that may help the discussion some. Not sure how yall feel about that, but this is 100 percent crap.

Essentially they changed the PnP, and didn't tell anyone.

Why ???? Why make a change where there was respect to now a setup that promotes lack of respect?? Why create a lawless system and made changes to something everyone has enjoyed for 18 years.

How can they change the rules unannounced when we are spending money to play? I didn't agree to these changes and financially invested and invested by several hundred days. Don't see how that this is legal when a monetary value is provided for a service that was initially agreed to. Rather interested to see how this turns out.

3. Yara_AB Augur

Don't get me wrong, please - but there is no mention of "camps" or "kill stealing". Or at least I cannot see that mentioned.
    Training of course - yes - you are right and I am pretty sure they will still act upon such.

Same applies to what was mentioned in another posting about charming, gating, ... I know that they happen(ed) to see that as harassment not long ago.

To me it appears they removed the communication with CSR staff from your posting - it is no secret that such actions are not to be discussed on the forums (neither positive nor negative).

Ok - here you should give the FULL story - not only the part of it that fits the cause:
    Back then we (the Guilds on Ragfire) had an official agreement upon a Raid-Rotation that was sanctioned by Daybreak and GMs and Guides were there to enforce that it is followed.
    So this most likely was just the reminder that you, too, have to follow that Player-Made ruleset or face consequences.

What I do not get at this point now is:
    On one hand you want Daybreak to enforce Player-Made rules like "no killstealing", "honoring camps", "no holding down a spawn for hours", ... but on the other hand you yourself were upset when Daybreak did right what you wanted them to do and enforced those Player-Made rules about raidtargets.

I have a link to the discussion that even has comments from officials making that rotation "Daybreak Supported". It was made sticky even.

Appears that DGC cannot do it right - eh? ;-)
  4. Magpi New Member

I'll never play another DBG game ever, so I really hope they don't buy out any games I enjoy.
  5. JolineSZ Augur

As far as I remember the rule about kill stealing is different. The person who has agro first is the owner of the mob, if someone else then comes and kills it is against the rules.
    At least it was this way several years ago. So if this guy is agroing mobs from people that are already hitting it and does more than 50% damage to get the exp and loot rights he is working against the rule.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

A rule that was player-made and not supported by Daybreak. (Besides maybe a short timeframe.)
    That is quite a difference!
    Most of us will stand back once a mob was engaged already because we treat others like we want to be treated - but mechanics always had it so that whoever had the most damage dealt in the end won the race.

It all comes down to "play nice" with each other :)

I cannot blame Daybreak for simply following the mechanics because they cannot be at every single fight as referees and looking up logfiles upon every single complaint is something not reasonable (if possible at all).
    Years ago community solved that. You either played nice or you didn't get anyone to play with anymore.

But - what I am most interested in is if their changes to key-drops now work as intended or if those guys once again found something else to annoy all others.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Since this is ongoing:
    No it was NOT a player-made rule.
    It was, as i said, actually enforced.
    Whether it was enforced by Daybreak or SoE does not matter much, one is a subset of the other, staff-wise.

Today's issue is, as was linked above, that they're rather changing the rules instead of investing money to enforce them.
    These days, they CLAIM to have in-game GMs but those are only support people restoring housing items.

Solution obvious?
    If a nice chat with the person does not work as it should (it works 99% for me and i am not a nice person), then simply make their life miserable.
    After a while they get the hint and move to some other farming spot.
  8. asfasfasfasf Augur

You can enjoy it on a regular server though. All the old zones are still as fun as ever. You just have to be able to box and/or use mercs.
    Yara_AB likes this.
  9. JolineSZ Augur

No it wasn't playermade I am very sure it was part of my 100 pages guideance book I had as a Guide several years ago. At that time the over 50% dmg thing also went life.
  10. code-zero Augur

The past is another country, they do things differently there....
  11. JolineSZ Augur

No way.......:eek: I am baffled now.