New Expansion Announcement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Riou EQResource

They only have 1 non-Kunark zone done, while they have like 6ish Kunark zones done :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. YellowBelly Augur

Change the name of this thread or add a question mark after it.
  3. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

MAGA
    Make Ak'Anon .
    Tatanka likes this.
  4. asfasfasfasf Augur

MAGA
    Massive Ak'Anon Gnome Army, Sissruukk's prophecy is coming true.
  5. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

EQ2 got their announcement today, so maybe ours is coming soon, too.....
  6. Zunnoab Augur

It would be a PR disaster to try to sell people something after treating them the way they are with their planned patch tomorrow, I would think.

Seriously, I have never seen anyone praise the tuning direction of this game lately. It's just bitterness and disgust. A "What will they break or take away next?" situation when patches come up.

If I wanted to play old school EQ I'd be playing Project99. They are gutting modern EQ and devolving the game.

I want to be excited for an announcement, but sorry I just can't right now with the way the patches have been going.

I could totally see them stripping level 110 foci from TBM or something ridiculous at this point, if they raise the level cap. It just seems like the kind of nonsense that passes for a good idea these days.
  7. skabe Elder

Some of the nerfs/changes have hurt that is a given. Some of the changes however have made things easier. Like all of a sudden Shaman and Druids are serious dps WTF!! Sympathetic healing from tanks through healer class alliances, dps boost from class alliances. Artisan Prize augment which is almost equal to an additional piece of gear. Reward for raid achievements in TBM that is a 10% boost to dps and healing. Group gear that is either equal to or nearly so to raid gear. Sure there is little or no forgiveness when people fail to follow emotes etc. (and an entire raid force pays the price) or failure to perform as needed. It boils down to assess, adapt and overcome. In some circumstances play smarter in others play better/harder.
    In the past top tier guilds jumped into new content immediately upon release and usually got it on farm mode in a short period of time (GoD being an exception) mid tier guilds were typically finishing an expansion just as new one was released or after gaining the added power from level increases, AA, gear and spells added in new expansion. Causual/family style/lower tier guilds could be doing content as many as 1-3 expansions behind current. With expansions now being released once per year and no level increase in the past 2 expansions, there seems to be this expectation that cycle would and should change. I know I'm oversimplifying the challenges that a raid guild faces, especially mid-low tier guilds. The bottom line however is that current content design leaves little room for error or piss poor performance. Here's hoping that those guilds that have struggled with TBM and EoK will be able to get through them with more ease (assuming) once their player base gets the power increases from EoK part 2.
    Class balancing/roles is an even more complicated subject. Everyone seems to want to have their cake and eat it too. Be able to do most everything everyone can do and do it as well as or almost so. What i wouldn't give to have an event that is a straight up tank and spank. No adds, hp lock mechanics, emotes etc. Just a plain dps fight that takes any guild 10 minutes to kill. Long enough for everyone to cycle through all they got at least once, and perhaps a few tank swaps. Then lets assess dps/tanking/healing balance working from that baseline. Using time stamps and parsers you can easily get data on burst as well as sustained.
  8. smash Augur

Gotta agree on post from Skabe, I too miss the simple raid fights where you do not go on a complex fight.

A simple. You got X min to kill it. Fail to kill in that time and you will die.

I think these gone because of less devs and its the same 2-3 devs behind the raids and they prefere complex ones.
  9. kinadafz Augur

What you are describing is Velious - quite possibly the best raid expansion ever in my mind, at least to me.

I remember having my clerics cast complete heal until OOM, then calculating how long we have to kill Vindy until clerics run OOM from their complete heal rotation.

Those fights were simple - tank in a corner, heal, kill...and they were the funnest.

I get that 15 years of that will be boring obviously, but like you said, it may be nice to get one back.
  10. ExUmbra New Member

Yeah, let's make raids extremely easy where all you have to do is sit there and spam your attacks.. Quit being lazy and actually play to earn your gear / achievements instead of just bring numbers to a raid..
  11. Shredd Augur

I just expect a level increase
  12. YellowBelly Augur

Do they usually announce EQ 1 and 2 expansions on separate days? I'm getting a little worried here.
  13. Treiln Augur

Wish we'd have an ETA so I know whether or not to get EoK on a third account, or wait 2-3 months and just get the EoK 2.0
  14. Gnomereaper Augur

You know if I see someone die, I want to get angry and have my hair turn gold and gain new abilitites to solo that raid mob.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

They did last two years (9/1/16 and 9/15/15), i didn't look back any further that that.
  16. Endless Augur

I think they'll announce it after the servers are up. Was supposed to be up by noon. Think EQ2 was announced yesterday @noon, after their patch.
  17. FVBrosefBoxer New Member

This. Plus we will know how many new AAs will be required to make up for the nerfs from the patch to bring your toon back even again.
  18. Versifier Elder

Gyurika Godofwar, Janakin and svann like this.
  19. Riou EQResource

Just buy the new one, new one will likely release in November if you can wait that long

Also, I think previous pre buys let you have the previous expansions day 1 of pre buy too since it charges at time of pre buy?
  20. CrazyLarth Augur