Why is this guy still around?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Madae, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Madae Elder

There is someone on Agnarr who boxes 6 mages and exploits/steals kills for Jade Chokidai Prod all day every day and sells it for 3-4kr. Why is this guy allowed to do this? He has literally locked down an entire spawn for weeks as far as I know, and whats worse is that its part of a key and required by raiding guilds.
    Infini and Ghostdog like this.
  2. Funk Augur

Possible they crunched some numbers and decided they make too much money off these hackers and the people that continue to purchase items from them and pay in krono. So they don't worry about banning them, but the general population could refuse to pay for the item(s) and halt their ability to make money...the population just refuses to do this and the cycle continues.

Obviously this isn't what the general population came to experience. But a little research could have told them this would be the case on a progression server, it happens every time.
    Ghostdog and Feznik like this.
  3. Roxxlyy Augur

If you find someone who is breaking the rules, please be sure to report them! We do have in-game GMs, but unfortunately they won't always be in the right place at the right time.
    Gyurika Godofwar, svann and Funk like this.
  4. svann Augur

Sticky!
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Report and petition so they can handle it. Video is also helpful as proof of someone's wrongdoing.
  6. Yara_AB Augur

The thing is:
    - Boxing = not against the rules
    - "Kill Stealing" = not against the rules (most dps wins - if we like it or not)
    - Camping a certain mob at the some times someone else wants to camp it = not against the rules
    - "Selling" loot-rights on much-wanted items - well ... not against the rules (just granted that other players will not really like you for that).

The only thing that I remember that was sort of "problematic" in the past was if someone "disrupted normal playability of a zone".
    But checking with the Rules of Conduct once again - that no longer lists anything (anymore) that could even remotely apply to this situation here.

So yeah - the solution pretty much is to man it up, get some friends and do more dps than them.

(Unless you think they are using something they shouldn't - that is a different story.)
  7. asfasfasfasf Augur

How the hell is boxing = hacking?
  8. asfasfasfasf Augur

Playing 6 whatevers is not against the rules or even close. You could box 90 characters and still not be breaking any rules. And none of it is an exploit either.

Agnarr and the progression servers have ridiculous rules about boxing called "true box" which is one of the most misguided things I've ever seen a games company do. It means you can box as many as you want, you just have to do it on individual PCs which makes absolutely no sense because it doesn't stop people boxing, it just means you can only do it if you are rich. Have lots of money? Buy 6 PCs, and then you just buy a keyboard splitter which is like 20 bucks and whatever you press on your main keyboard, it sends to all the other PCs. So it is boxing no different than it would be on one PC, only it is for rich people only. Dumbest rule ever.

DBG/SOE sometimes behave like an old grandpa who tries to keep all the kids in line, but doesn't really understand all this new fangled technology. They really need to hire someone that does. P99 just monitors IPs and bans anyone who logs in 2 characters or more from the same IP. You can request an exemption if you play with a family member or something but it pretty much killed boxing, and for that reason it is the most popular server. DBG are crazy for not doing the same thing. Why let P99 slide with all the RMT and shenanigans? Make your own and do it properly.....

That said, I wouldn't even play this game if I couldn't box, so I would never play a progression server unless they made one that allowed it properly.
    Drusi and Ghostdog like this.
  9. Aurastrider Augur

I am not sure how you would know he is doing this all day every day unless you are on 24/7. Now if he really is killing non stop all day every day then yes odds are he is doing something illegal considering nobody can do this without a program playing for them. On the other hand it could just be that he has roughly the same playing time as yourself and spends it at one spot during that time making a profit. I am not saying I agree with someone doing this but if this is the case no rules have been broken. Your best bet is to join a guild with enough numbers to out power his crew or if you are already in a guild get their assistance in doing so. I am not a fan of dps racing as myself am old school and honor camps and such but if this guy is going to essentially block peoples progression I see little alternative as I also don't believe that someone should have to pay to progress through content that they are paying for. Bring down the wrath of a raid force on this camp and get what you came for and leave or find something else to do with your time unless after all you can actually prove this guy is just a bot and in that case report him and let the company sort it out from there.
    Ghostdog likes this.
  10. High Voltage Augur

I wonder if you know how long it takes your support to respond to a ticket on average?

This went up from 1-2 days from when I started playing in 2014 to currently 5-8 days. Knowing it takes a GM that long to check in gives your answer a special touch.

Of course I am talking about live, not TLP, so it might be different there, making reporting cheaters still worthwile.
  11. Evurkvest Augur

This response made me chuckle becouse of this -> https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/afk-boting-to-the-extreme.238925/

The post is from mars and im guessing hundreds of reports have been made. But ofc you are all busy fixing the AB server right? :)
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

A lot of people have multiple people playing the same account these days. I've seen it in p99 when scumbag guilds lockdown content by having people work in shifts. Yeah extremely sad I know... but it happens. They also send texts to each other to plan shifts on other mobs. The top guild locks down all stuff required by epics etc to stop everyone else from progressing.

They should just change the rules. There is already a play nice policy and this isn't playing nice. The problem is, GMs are already understaffed and having a GM monitor who has been camping what and for how long would be a big drain :/
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

KS'ing is very much against the rules.
    While the mechanics work as you say and "wins" the loot, first engage "wins" the mob and items have been taken off KS'ers in the past and given to first-engagers.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Right.
    This is why people get away with so much.
    Unless "the community" teaches them a few lessons...
    Peer pressure works almost as fine as GM-bans.
  15. Yruc Augur

No, not any more. When there was a play nice policy and GMs to enforce it then yes that was generally how it was done. Now DB has officially said DPS wins, no such things as camps or KS.
  16. Zefirus Journeyman

I know Bob Ross, He was a good friend of mine, and you sir are no Bob Ross.
  17. Yara_AB Augur

This was already addressed Yruc - but if I missed that being put into the play nice policy I linked earlier, please point me to it.

There is no kill-stealing, there are no camps, ...
    If you search the forums here you will easily find comments from officials that it simply is about damage dealt to the mob. (and it literally always was that way - technically)

(Disclaimer: Not saying I do approve such gameplay (ks'ing, ...)!)
  18. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Guys guys and guys

Use your heads - use the PICK ZONE command and your problem is solved

Why you stressing over such silly ideology . Just PLAY THE GAME

PLAY HARD AND PLAY SMART
  19. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Or you can play on a server that guy is not on and bypass the whole waiting problem
  20. HULKMAN Lorekeeper

Or you can use the PICKZONE command and bypass the farmers