9-12-17 test patch notes = more massive nerfs?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Funk Augur

It's pretty obvious the people destroying the game don't even play the game.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

At least they certainly don't play the classes they nerf much - or well :)
    Funk likes this.
  3. Sissruukk Rogue One

We have survived patches and nerfs before, we will survive this one...
    Funk likes this.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

There needs to be a cover for this where the lyrics are "I will survive, but I'm still pissed!"
  5. Hekaton Augur

Mandatory I'm quitting eq and cancelling my 6 account post. Nah not really but my sub is due in 4 days and
    Not gonna renew my one account to deal with the hassle of this middle finger to the player base of a patch.
    I'll check out what you got coming at the end of the year but for now you lost my 45 beans

/shrug
  6. fransisco Augur

everyone will be back with the new expac anyways.
  7. Bamboompow Augur

That's a bunch of nerfs. Must mean a level cap increase is coming in a few months.
  8. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Heh beastlords we're mentioned one time...they FINALLY after what? 10 years of group beastial alignment being broken FINALLY fixed the block illusion part??

Still can't mass fero so...still not impressed, but all those nerfs with no explanation of why is 100% Daybreak's business model...daybreak even blocked me from posting on any of their social media cause I call them out on anything they post....so salty these guys.

When Sony sold to Columbus Nova and changed the name I knew the game was in a downward spiral. The only reason the game is still alive is because they are trying to squeez all the revenue they possibly can out of it.

I personally would be surprised if this game lasted another 5 years, I'll still be a lemming and playing it, not enjoying it, but playing it. I don't even play for the game anymore I play cause I love my guilds and all the friends who I've made over the years some I've met, some I haven't but the game itself anymore is flat out boring...complete all content in a couple days, spend the next few months raiding and gearing then spend another 9 months farming the same stuff that eventually rots or goes to alts...not alot to do anymore.
  9. Tevik Augur

That'd be cool, but it's also a lot of AA consolidation, which makes me think otherwise.
  10. Toxicaust Journeyman

11. Zehn Lorekeeper

Prepare thyself .......

12. Drogba Augur

The nerf to QM is more of a hit to wiz/rangers, than to clerics. Good clerics QM the badass dps classes, this is coming from someone who has been raiding clr & wiz for years.

My wizard receives 1-3 QM's per event depending on the raid team.

Let's boost druids some more while we're at it so I can just re-roll my wizard ><"
    Skvoid likes this.
  13. Zaknaffein Augur

If you insist.
    Brohg and Drogba like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

It will hurt raid teams overall. I play a (I hope) competent cleric alt. All it will do is make it so nobody gets a QM from me on any event that isn't trivial (and if so why do they need it?)

I need to save that for VP in case I die.
    Bloodmoons likes this.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Exactly this is why this nerf is so bad, even when we're completely ignoring the tanking nerfs.
    And die twice in an event and you're just dead weight for too long, the raidforce screwed most likely.
    Bloodmoons likes this.
  16. Drogba Augur

The tank nerfs are fine, we've never had it so mind-numbingly easy.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I am never "fine" with a nerf. Guess we have to agree to disagree on that one then.

Especially bad is this "patch" though for those of us who are still trying to progress.
    I haven't forgotten how it was when we learned the Reaper-Event and the difficulties we had beating it the first few times.
    I hope you haven't either.

Now apply that memory to the changes being discussed here, and to guilds that are quite possibly in "worse" shape for tanking dwarfpower and healing.
    They're hit badly, and not just in one way, but basically across the board.

Nope, NOT fine.
    Not fine at all.
    Bloodmoons likes this.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think it is sooooo sleezy that EQ devs cater to the uberwhiners from certain Xeg and Cazic guilds.
    Bloodmoons likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

Nerfs aren't inherently bad. All these changes that people complain about is what keeps the game worth playing. If they totally mess something up then sure say something. They've already made comments about adjusting things in the other thread.

It's just part of the process. They add new stuff or try to fix a balance issue or make something as difficult as they think it should be, etc. Often things break in unexpected ways both in your favor and against. Nobody complains about accidental improvements. They probably far out number the nerfs over the years. Most the nerfs are just fixing things they didn't mean to do in the first place.

Which is the one major problem I have with all this is they don't explain their intent very well or sometimes at all so it's hard to know whether a change is working like it's supposed to or not.
    Drogba and Jumbur like this.
  20. Reval Augur

Nerfs are good or bad on a subjective basis. For some people a nerf can make the game challenging again, and for others it can ruin their chances of ever getting through content at all.

It all depends on your situation.